Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Picked up my new TT at the weekend. This is quite a step up from my previous cars, a Xsara VTS Coupe and a A4 1.9TDi Sport (B6) which has gone off to be scrapped.

An early xmas present from my parents was a half car cover (http://www.just-carcovers.co.uk/waterproof-half-car-cover-audi-tt-coupe-2007-onwards-i1587.html). Fits OK but as mentioned by @Kevin Clark the door mirror pockets are in position for the MK II so don't really fit. You can put the mirrors in but then you are a little short of elastic at the front to get the straps properly under the car. With them off the cover is a little loose around the front windows and will flap in strong breeze as I found out this morning, gusts of 40-50mph here! Might see if my mums sowing skills are up to moving them. For now it's doing the job of keeping the worst of the crap off the car where I park at home.

A couple of shots taken at my parents house, which was first stop after I picked it up. It'll probably never look this good again!

Audi%20TT%201.JPG

The obligatory engine shot :D

Audi%20TT%203.jpg

My car is strictly 'pov spec' :p 1.8 TFSI Sport with the only option being the paint. Although as I found out when I picked it up I also have hill hold assist as the car was sourced from existing stock by my dealer. Happy days and hopefully many years of trouble free motoring ahead.
Congrats on the car.

You do realise that even on that car cover website it says it's for the previous gen? :p

Associate
My car went for the emissions recall today, hopefully all goes well - last time they said glowplugs wanted replacing at a stupid amount - think £100 - £120 each so took it to my local independent for doing.

Assuming work carried out will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Matt

Associate
Mine won't be due till February, let me know how you find it when you get it!

Got it yesterday.

Less than 24hrs later I am currently in Audi as the gearbox is knackered. Parts on back order from Germany so now waiting for Audi assistance to get me a car.

Not the best start. 4 years and 130k miles in my BMW and it never missed a beat. The Audi eats it's gearbox in a day.

Oh well the dealership are feeding me coffee and mince pies so could be worse.....

Soldato
Not the best start. 4 years and 130k miles in my BMW and it never missed a beat. The Audi eats it's gearbox in a day.

Conversely I've never had a major mechanical issue in 14 years of Audis, yet my friend in Germany has a 3-series GT which has had endless problems and is currently on its third differential.

Associate
I know - could happen to any car really. No hate towards Audi. Just one of those things unfortunately - annoying though none the less!

Now in a 17 A5 until mine gets fixed which is not going to be until the new year.

Soldato
Now in a 17 A5 until mine gets fixed which is not going to be until the new year.

I think I'm actually alone in the universe but I really dislike the new A5. I find the nose far too "pointy" for want of a better term - it's like it's been stuck in a huge pencil sharpener.

Soldato
Got it yesterday.

Less than 24hrs later I am currently in Audi as the gearbox is knackered. Parts on back order from Germany so now waiting for Audi assistance to get me a car.

Oh well the dealership are feeding me coffee and mince pies so could be worse.....

You have seen the last consumer survey that placed BMW at the bottom? But then saying that Audi was 2nd last hehe.

I don't get why Audi is near the bottom as vw/skoda/seat are in the middle/top but both use similar parts.

Soldato
You have seen the last consumer survey that placed BMW at the bottom? But then saying that Audi was 2nd last hehe.

I don't get why Audi is near the bottom as vw/skoda/seat are in the middle/top but both use similar parts.

If it's one of those customer satisfaction surveys then it's because people have higher expectations of the premium marques.

Associate
Just had my 2012 TTS APR Stage 1 remap at Awesome GTI. Made a surprising 278bhp standard and a massive 322bhp after the map with 332lb/ft torque.

Can't get the smile off my face. Transformed the car.

Soldato
There is a very active Facebook group TTRS & RS3 Owners lots of information in there. I've had mine for nearly three years now, if you want to know anything specific just ask :D

Ah great, fantastic thanks.

First thing, do they all have either Bluetooth or aux in or something for phone connectivity?

How reliable are the engines?

Associate
Ah great, fantastic thanks.

First thing, do they all have either Bluetooth or aux in or something for phone connectivity?

How reliable are the engines?

There is an aux in and a port for an audi cable to connect to your phone, most people tend to run a tune2air

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ViseeO-Tune2Air-WMA3000A-Bluetooth-Streaming/dp/B00R2HZ1XU

As for the engines they are pretty reliable, very few stock failures aslong as they are services and looked after. If your looking to mod the car just bare in mind everything costs five times as must as 2.0tfsi aftermarket parts :eek:

Soldato
Please elaborate.

Matrix LED headlights - automatically adapt the beam pattern to provide full beam illumination whilst creating "gaps" for other traffic so as not to dazzle/blind them. Also uses navigation data to adapt the beam to the road to provide pre-emptive cornering light and a wider beam spread at junctions etc.

Watching it work is like witchcraft. Didn't get flashed by a single oncoming car yet the rest of the road remains fully illuminated. When following other traffic it still illuminates around the car ahead and actually farther up the road than do their own headlights, which must be a very strange effect for them.

Whether they're worth the cost is probably questionable but I'm very, very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom