Audi owners in here!

Looking to change the 2010 A6 Avant C6 3.0 TDI early next year.

My commute to work is only 25 miles of motorway each way and so my mpg sits around 28-31 typically.

Been looking at either the 313/320 A6 Avant diesels but Im really getting tempted by the S6 Avant.

It would mean spending a bit more initially (was hoping for a 2015/6 model) and overall ownership, but given my commute its very appealing.

Anyone care to talk me out of the S6?

It would mean spending a bit more initially and the forseeable future (was hoping for a 2015/6 model) and overall ownership, but given my commute its very appealing.

as long as you're happy with that, you can only be encouraged :p

Looking to change the 2010 A6 Avant C6 3.0 TDI early next year.

My commute to work is only 25 miles of motorway each way and so my mpg sits around 28-31 typically.

Been looking at either the 313/320 A6 Avant diesels but Im really getting tempted by the S6 Avant.

It would mean spending a bit more initially (was hoping for a 2015/6 model) and overall ownership, but given my commute its very appealing.

If that's the car you really want I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.

I have an A6 Avant 320 and it's a really good car, I imagine the S6 would be only slightly more expensive. In my eyes if I was going to be going for a petrol V8 I'd be going for the RS6 but I know that's another jump in money and not everyone likes the exaggerated looks.

As I'm sure you know, the downsides of these cars at the moment is the aging platform. They're still nice places to be inside but values are falling and will only continue to fall as the new model gets closer.

All very convincing arguements :-) thanks all

Theres a few of them (s6) coming up locally so ill go and check them out. Aside from 2 trips to Poland a year my consumption overall isnt huge.

The 320 tdi is still very tempting as well. @Teuton no bothers then? Should still feel like a very good upgrade from my 3.0 TDI Le Mans

All very convincing arguements :) thanks all

Theres a few of them (s6) coming up locally so ill go and check them out. Aside from 2 trips to Poland a year my consumption overall isnt huge.

The 320 tdi is still very tempting as well. @Teuton no bothers then? Should still feel like a very good upgrade from my 3.0 TDI Le Mans

The BiTDI (320) is an excellent engine, incredible torque which really throws you back in your seat when you accelerate and as a cruiser it's superb. I agree with the above that the FL A6 really holds its own in the looks department even against the newer competition (G30, new E-class), especially Black Edition Avants (mine is Misano Red).

Having said that, the BiTDI is still recognisably diesel - not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned - but surely can't compare to a V8 petrol. There is a good thread from an S6 owner on the vwaudi forum about his experiences with the S6, and from what I've read the fuel consumption is really quite favourable as compared with the 3.0 TDIs. I have seen 50mpg in my car the average is only around 33-35, with ~25 being probably achievable in the S6.

Again, the only thing would stop me from buying an S6 is that I would rather stump up the extra and get an RS6, whatever it took!

I picked up my first Audi a few months ago and have been pleasantly surprised with it, after always slating VAG stuff for being soulless.

36426007421_b856cb91f6_c.jpg

While it is pretty soulless, it is pretty quick (pulley and map means nearly 480bhp), covers ground effortlessly, tows the track car and it even did ok when I tried it on a track day - it almost feels a little rear driven at times with the sports diff.

Drinks fuel like there is no tomorrow though. It's literally the least economical car I've ever owned.

I was also looking at the dtuk box which I'm guessing won't void warranty.
It does. Whether or not the dealership will find proof you’ve used one however is up in the air. It is however morally wrong to claim you’ve not modded the car when going in to get something fixed under warranty that might have been caused by the extra stresses caused by the tuning box.

Dealers CAN find out you’ve been using a tuning box though, through looking at historic sensor readings and comparing them to known good values for the environment and operating conditions. There have also been reports of warranty claims being denied due to marks on the plugs/sockets used that the boxes connect to, and through finding evidence of where the tuning box was physically located. Will they go to this much effort for a warranty claim worth a few hundred quid, probably not. Will they dig deeper if you end up needing a new short block or transmission, running in multiple thousands of pounds? Most likely.

Long post shortened, if you value your warranty, don’t tune either through box or remap.

Back
Top Bottom