Audi owners in here!

There is some chat about a tb1 'suspect a tuning box', but no actual proof anyone has had this as it would hard for any dealership to detect anything other than physical signs a box had been fitted.
As for anything being morally wrong, mmm, I guess we are all never saints then if we go over the speed limit. At the end of the day it is up to the owner but, unless you drive your car flat out all the time then a warranty claim will probably never happen..

I think there is currently a guy on PH with a £40k bill for an RS6 engine which should still be under warranty but isn't, due to a remap being found... so they found out somehow.

Well if it is immoral to remap a car under warranty then equally so it is wrong for a main dealer to sell a car on that has a remap on it, and then advertise it as having one more year of a warranty left.
If it is the case a vehicle was sold by Audi with a remap that wasn't declared then think there is just as good case for this new owner to have the dealership prosecuted under trade description act as if a owner sold a vehicle on with one and didn't declare it.

There are reports of audi dealerships being aware of remaps but not being concerned by them either and still performing warranty work.

Last edited:
Well if it is immoral to remap a car under warranty then equally so it is wrong for a main dealer to sell a car on that has a remap on it, and then advertise it as having one more year of a warranty left.

Did you read the threads I linked to? The guy remapped his own car. He didn't buy one with a remap on it.

If it is the case a vehicle was sold by Audi with a remap that wasn't declared then think there is just as good case for this new owner to have the dealership prosecuted under trade description act as if a owner sold a vehicle on with one and didn't declare it.

There are reports of audi dealerships being aware of remaps but not being concerned by them either and still performing warranty work.

The dealers don't care, it's Audi UK that will be pressuring them.

Dealers love warranty work as there's no haggling with customers or losing them altogether when they go somewhere else - they just bill Audi UK for it and profit.

It's Audi UK who are fed up forking out for remedial work on mapped cars and thus pressuring dealers to check harder for maps when trying to claim. The dealer would love nothing more than sticking a £10-20k bill for a new engine into Audi UK.

That doesn' work any more as the dealerships have to send a full scan of the ecu to Germany and they check for td1 codes. No dealership is going to spend thousands of pounds that they might never get back from Audi Germany.

The dealers don't care, it's Audi UK that will be pressuring them.

Dealers love warranty work as there's no haggling with customers or losing them altogether when they go somewhere else - they just bill Audi UK for it and profit.

It's Audi UK who are fed up forking out for remedial work on mapped cars and thus pressuring dealers to check harder for maps when trying to claim. The dealer would love nothing more than sticking a £10-20k bill for a new engine into Audi UK.
Yes I understand how the dealerships can claim back for warranty costs as both my A3 and, more recently, my A4 both had to go in for this. Dealerships have also to appease their customers to keep their business. However personally I have not heard of one instance where a tuning box has been detected, and I probably frequent the same forums as yourself. However my mind is open to any evidence...

Picked up my new TT at the weekend. This is quite a step up from my previous cars, a Xsara VTS Coupe and a A4 1.9TDi Sport (B6) which has gone off to be scrapped.

An early xmas present from my parents was a half car cover (http://www.just-carcovers.co.uk/waterproof-half-car-cover-audi-tt-coupe-2007-onwards-i1587.html). Fits OK but as mentioned by @Kevin Clark the door mirror pockets are in position for the MK II so don't really fit. You can put the mirrors in but then you are a little short of elastic at the front to get the straps properly under the car. With them off the cover is a little loose around the front windows and will flap in strong breeze as I found out this morning, gusts of 40-50mph here! Might see if my mums sowing skills are up to moving them. For now it's doing the job of keeping the worst of the crap off the car where I park at home.

A couple of shots taken at my parents house, which was first stop after I picked it up. It'll probably never look this good again!

Audi%20TT%201.JPG

The obligatory engine shot :D

Audi%20TT%203.jpg

My car is strictly 'pov spec' :p 1.8 TFSI Sport with the only option being the paint. Although as I found out when I picked it up I also have hill hold assist as the car was sourced from existing stock by my dealer. Happy days and hopefully many years of trouble free motoring ahead.

Picking mine up tomorrow, also poverty spec ;)
Its poverty spec now as my 5 year plan is to be mortgage free within 5, and have ordered myself a TTRS or an M2 as reward for getting mortgage free. So hoping to make this poverty spec one last till that time.
Just under 23 hours to go... tick tock tick tock

Did you read the threads I linked to? The guy remapped his own car. He didn't buy one with a remap on it.
The guy is a total moron.

Anyway, shouldn't his first port of call been the place which did the remap? Most reputable tuners provide a warranty on their work, surely?

Just bought a 2005 C6 version A6 3.0 V6 petrol. It's pretty much mint, 65k miles, FSH etc etc but I can't find any proof of a timing belt change, and although the interval is apparently 75k miles I'd rather get it done now as it must be due at least on age if not mileage.

I'm not sure UK A6s ever got this engine, as far as I can make out, it's the same engine from the older A6. Am I correct in thinking I can buy something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2002-2...ash=item3a7403d0c9:g:LlkAAOSwEK9UKy-a&vxp=mtr and simply get my mechanic to fit it? Or is it best taking the car to Audi which will probably cost a lot more. I only paid £3500 for the car and I'm planning on keeping it long term, so I don't mind spending a bit of money in order to ensure long term reliability.

After driving Mercedes for the last 7 or 8 years i decided to get something smaller. My wife bought a Kia Sportage last year so i no longer needed an estate for the dogs. I picked up this Little fella in Sept, done around 6500 miles so far and have to say I am very impressed with the quality.

21316171_10213349975524727_2562687188362511241_o by Skalaberg, on Flickr

For what its worth this is what i had previously..... people have asked me if the Audi is better. My answer is not better, just different and so much fun.

21083623_10213306853206696_2773977115861082861_o by Skalaberg, on Flickr

Last edited:
Some nice looking vehicles in this thread. Will have to save some £s!!!! :D

My current A3 2.0TDI 14 plate has developed an issue with the AC. No heat whatsoever, won't clear windscreen, also noticed that a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreen which never used to happen. Any of you nice people got any basic things for me to check please ?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom