Audi owners in here!

Just finalising the order for my first Audi to replace my Golf R which goes back in June - A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI, S Line, S Tronic.

Going to miss the performance of the Golf R a lot, but a bigger car is going to be helpful with the young baby now and couldn't justify stretching to the quattro or S5 sadly :(

Still pretty excited though :)

I have been naughty and as of today am the owner of a mk2 TT 3.2, its a stop gap while I fix the broken 911 which not for the first time has something wrong with the engine, It's no 911 but does have its own little charm.

It's still at the dealers to be fair as the wife didn't want to drive the 100 miles back but its all paid for and ready to go so ill probably swing by and pick it up tomorrow. Madness that this car cost less than what an engine rebuild is likely to cost on mine.

This weekend I have started shopping for one of these too. The 3.2 in a soft top is pretty rare though!

Can I buy yours? :p

I'm discovering that the S3 attracts a fair amount of "idiots" but not the kind you'd think.

Sure I get the odd chav in a Fiesta who sits right on my chuff or otherwise tries to goad me, to what end I'm not sure but, more often than not, it's SUV drivers pulling up alongside at lights and then trying to beat me away. I've also had a surprising number of diesel Mercs "having a go", some of them properly caning it, presumably because they think their "diesel torque" will show me up.

It's kind of amusing at times and tiresome at others.

I'm discovering that the S3 attracts a fair amount of "idiots" but not the kind you'd think.

Sure I get the odd chav in a Fiesta who sits right on my chuff or otherwise tries to goad me, to what end I'm not sure but, more often than not, it's SUV drivers pulling up alongside at lights and then trying to beat me away. I've also had a surprising number of diesel Mercs "having a go", some of them properly caning it, presumably because they think their "diesel torque" will show me up.

It's kind of amusing at times and tiresome at others.

Yep. The ones in sporty/chavvy/boy racers know not to try, it’s only idiots in repmobiles and 4x4s that bother!

Yep. The ones in sporty/chavvy/boy racers know not to try, it’s only idiots in repmobiles and 4x4s that bother!

Makes sense I guess. I did actually have a white A3 S-Line right up my backside up near Derby yesterday, to what end I'm not quite sure. Whether he was trying to goad me into prodding it I don't know but I obliged as soon as the next NSL sign appeared and he lost interest after that :)

This weekend I have started shopping for one of these too. The 3.2 in a soft top is pretty rare though!

In a year or so it is yours. Tryng to find one that has all the good stuff and hasn't been molested was a bit of a faf. I'll put up some pics of it properly later. :)

Indeed, I think it's fair to say that today's brand new financed S3 driver is the equivalent to yesterday's Saxo driver.

Hahaha, yeah of course, because S3s are cheap tin boxes with free insurance thrown in which are found hooning around Maccy D's car parks en-masse on a Saturday night :rolleyes:

I said I would share a few pics so here it is, if you were expecting decent pics your about to be bitterly disappointed:

Finally the option list, not sure what all this stuff is:

But things I know it has:

Audi Nav Plus with a 6 dvd changer in the glovebox
Heated Leather
Phone Prep
Button to change the suspension to sport
Button that pops up a wind deflector

Probably some other stuff , one day I might decode that option list but it appears to me that the original owner ticked pretty much everything apart from the tyre pressure monitor, which the advert said it has but I am pretty sure it doesn't.

Anyway I have had it about a week and so far so good, it's not a bad little car.

Last edited:
http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

Knock yourself out :p

Half of them will be things like "UK lights" or "RHD" though.

You never know with these things, my 911 has a code that you rarely see but is a generic code for "manufactured from the exclusive program", which as far as I can tell means it got sent to techart for some random parts that don't appear as codes but includes a £1700 carbon gear knob, £700 worth of exhaust tips and some other random carbon pieces, as well as some extended leather. Don't quote me on it but I think I was told at some point that it was likely sent to an altogether different factory to be finished. I might have a go at the audi ones another day, its not grown on me enough yet to really care all that much.

If you're shopping and you don't appear to be too far away, you might have noticed a white one floating about in Grays area for sale, I went and looked at that car and it drove ok but something doesn't seem to add up. It didn't have many of the options ticked and it had also had a colour change, when I asked there was no real reason why other than somebody wanted it white. I was told it's never been in any accidents and that the AA had confirmed it was a solid car. Now I have no idea on timescales but who colour changes a car for no reason? Also they didn't take the engine out or do the boot so you could still see it was silver to begin with. I took it out for a 10 min drive and it drove fine but a few things got me as the car was warmed up and running when I got there, so there was no chance of seeing a cold start, it also had bugger all fuel in so you probably had 7 to 10 miles to test drive it at best.

Wasn't for me that one but if nothing else it allowed me to get a feel for the thing.

If you're shopping and you don't appear to be too far away, you might have noticed a white one floating about in Grays area for sale, I went and looked at that car and it drove ok but something doesn't seem to add up. It didn't have many of the options ticked and it had also had a colour change, when I asked there was no real reason why other than somebody wanted it white. I was told it's never been in any accidents and that the AA had confirmed it was a solid car. Now I have no idea on timescales but who colour changes a car for no reason? Also they didn't take the engine out or do the boot so you could still see it was silver to begin with. I took it out for a 10 min drive and it drove fine but a few things got me as the car was warmed up and running when I got there, so there was no chance of seeing a cold start, it also had bugger all fuel in so you probably had 7 to 10 miles to test drive it at best.

Wasn't for me that one but if nothing else it allowed me to get a feel for the thing.

I had spotted that one actually so thanks for the heads-up :) I would have walked away with the colour change too, so thanks!

It annoys me slightly that I have to pay to join the TTOC to view the for-sale adverts. I don't own the car yet, why would I pay to sign up as a member?!

Back
Top Bottom