Audi owners in here!

Are there any opinions on fixed/variable servicing? Is this something that gets set to a default by Audi and you request to be flipped? I'm expecting my Y1 mileage on new car to be a bit low so going to ask to be flipped to fixed but I don't know if variable is intelligent enough to spot this and haul me in for a service anyway?

New to Audi. Is this the version with the sat nav display also between the clocks? Hard to tell which one it has from pictures of the car.
iirc it should look like this

oxFR7zD.png

The screen should also be larger and not have lots of piano black around it BMW business-esque
Do you have a link to the car you are going to see?

Last edited:
Here's a question I'm sure someone can answer. When you have the 3yr audi connect subscription I assume you don't need to use your own sim card. If that is correct, why then when I select audi connect from the menu it says no data available, please insert sim or connect mobile phone? Thanks!!

Thanks. I don't have a compatible rsap mobile phone (oneplus 5t), so I think I'm going to buy a three 24gb preloaded data sim which lasts for 2 years £60
Yeah that should do you fine. It barely uses any data especially if you don't use the weather and stuff like that. My dad uses an S8 which has rSAP but it is becoming less and less common on phones annoyingly:(

EDIT looks like that sim can be got for £40 on the rainforest :)

Last edited:
Yeah that should do you fine. It barely uses any data especially if you don't use the weather and stuff like that. My dad uses an S8 which has rSAP but it is becoming less and less common on phones annoyingly:(

EDIT looks like that sim can be got for £40 on the rainforest :)

Oh you legend, I didn't even know amazon did sim cards. Think I'll get the 12gb then to be honest as in a year I might realise like you I don't use it

Oh you legend, I didn't even know amazon did sim cards. Think I'll get the 12gb then to be honest as in a year I might realise like you I don't use it
Yeah
The google earth looks really good but doesn't add anything in terms of traffic iirc, it's only the audi connect that adds the traffic but it's not as good as waze etc. Sending locations from phone and wifi hotspot (my dad is on an unlimited data contract) is the only thing we find mildly useful though, everything else the system provides well enough - my dad can just about use the system by itself so adding more stuff just confuses him :D

Can you track the car using the mobile app? kinda like a tracker system
It will save the location where you park provided you are connected to the WiFi hotspot but you can't really track it no. Plus it would be useless in a theft situation as I doubt the thief would connect up his phone to blast the tunes :D

Mine app say's when the car is parked and it isn't connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot as my car doesn't have this feature as it is a 2017 version, Wi-Fi hotspot only came in when SOS was fitted to the B9. Only connected through only BT...

Mine app say's when the car is parked and it isn't connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot as my car does' have this as it is a 2017 version, Wi-Fi hotspot only came in when SOS was fitted to the B9. Only connected through only BT...
Hmm, possibly the same for ours although it's a 2015 A8 so you will have the newer MMI system. I haven't tried it with bluetooth only though as it's my dads phone that connects to it usually and he doesn't use the app - waaaay to complicated for him

It will save the location where you park provided you are connected to the WiFi hotspot but you can't really track it no. Plus it would be useless in a theft situation as I doubt the thief would connect up his phone to blast the tunes :D

so a data sim wont help in this case? I guess if it's constantly reporting back its location it would eat up all the data

so a data sim wont help in this case? I guess if it's constantly reporting back its location it would eat up all the data
I'm not sure actually - the myAudi app does show where the car was most recently parked so I think it would only send the location once the engine is turned off

He's not the only one. Gf agrees too. One passed us earlier and she thought it was a Mondeo! What have Audi done?!

It's too "pointy", like they've stuck the front in a huge pencil-sharpener.

It seem to be their new style, with the grille kind of "jutting out" more and I'm not that keen on it. Even the A3 is affected - I actually prefer the grille on the pre-facelift.

Back
Top Bottom