Audi owners in here!

It's too "pointy", like they've stuck the front in a huge pencil-sharpener.

It seem to be their new style, with the grille kind of "jutting out" more and I'm not that keen on it. Even the A3 is affected - I actually prefer the grille on the pre-facelift.
I agree on the A5, I think the lights are a little too squished
The new A8 and particularly the A6 look a little less "squished"

fU1OVYK.png
fOkuX8w.png

I'm not sure actually - the myAudi app does show where the car was most recently parked so I think it would only send the location once the engine is turned off

Not sure on that, I can unlock or lock mine from the app but its not brilliant and i wouldn't want to rely on it. If the data is connected it updates the location on the map. but sometimes it updates the data when you refresh it and sometimes it sticks on when you parked it.

The app is pretty rubbish to be honest:
Tells you a load of stats, Fuel left in the car & range on that fuel (if you drive like an old lady with a sprained ankle)
Doors, Top, Windows,Lights Bonnet and "tailgate" status (closed or open or on or off)
Oil Level
Time till Inspection and Oil change
Any Warnings

And a Theft and Location area, which so far just says OK (and I hope always does)
The location shows where the car is but mine is still on the full Audi connect thing, (normal and Infotainment)

Hopefully the weather will be better this weekend, then i can give it a quick wash and maybe even get the roof down

Not sure on that, I can unlock or lock mine from the app but its not brilliant and i wouldn't want to rely on it. If the data is connected it updates the location on the map. but sometimes it updates the data when you refresh it and sometimes it sticks on when you parked it.

Tells you a load of stats, Fuel left in the car & range on that fuel (if you drive like an old lady with a sprained ankle)
Doors, Top, Windows,Lights Bonnet and "tailgate" status (closed or open or on or off)
Oil Level
Any Warnings

And a Theft and Location area, which so far just says OK (and I hope always does)
The location shows where the car is but mine is still on the full Audi connect thing, (normal and Infotainment)
Which car are you in?

Ah OK :) My dad has a 2015 A8 which is old gen MMI so it must be different in that respect. It only really adds google maps and the traffic/weather/news etc and sending destinations to car
@TheOracle which car are you using with audi connect?

so a data sim wont help in this case? I guess if it's constantly reporting back its location it would eat up all the data
The sos system has its own sims card seperate from the internal mmi one so it can work in a different way and will automatically send its location to a homebase in the event of a accident...

Got a call from a local dealer about 'AMAZING' deals on brand new R8's (in stock that they cannot shift). Popped in as I was passing....and they were not 'AMAZING'. Sure, big discounts but GOOD GOD the residual values are for ****. Audi are so confident in their car that after spending 151K (131K with discount) they will GUARANTEE you get 65K'ish after 3 years.

Wonder why these are not moving. McLaren were 90K after 3 years on a 151K car.

Would you guys consider buying Audi A4 avant black edition with 90k miles on the clock? It's 62 plate for £5k. I have checked the engine code it's from 07/2012 so there shouldn't be any problem with excessive oil usage.

Got a call from a local dealer about 'AMAZING' deals on brand new R8's (in stock that they cannot shift). Popped in as I was passing....and they were not 'AMAZING'. Sure, big discounts but GOOD GOD the residual values are for ****. Audi are so confident in their car that after spending 151K (131K with discount) they will GUARANTEE you get 65K'ish after 3 years.

Wonder why these are not moving. McLaren were 90K after 3 years on a 151K car.

50% after three years seems about right.............you best not consider a BMW i8 ;-)

Oil Level
Any Warnings

Hopefully the weather will be better this weekend, then i can give it a quick wash and maybe even get the roof down

Can you start the car also or just lock and unlock?

My 6 month wait ends Monday. The last month or so has dragged

Would you guys consider buying Audi A4 avant black edition with 90k miles on the clock? It's 62 plate for £5k. I have checked the engine code it's from 07/2012 so there shouldn't be any problem with excessive oil usage.

FWIW an acquaintance has just bought an S line Avant diesel, same year and similar mileage for £9k, so yes, £5k is very cheap, if its a mates rates deal and its not hiding anything, then its a billy bargain.

Ok I’m officially an idiot. Where the hell do I put screenwash?
Only cap under the bonnet is oil. Just in front of the wipers are 2 flaps that open up for water and brake fluid.

Where’s the bloody screenwash one?

New S5 btw

Ok I’m officially an idiot. Where the hell do I put screenwash?
Only cap under the bonnet is oil. Just in front of the wipers are 2 flaps that open up for water and brake fluid.

Where’s the bloody screenwash one?

New S5 btw

You're looking for a light blue cap/flap thing.

Try right up in the top corners by the windscreen.

My 57 plate A4 Black ed with 65k on the clock got me £5K trade in. As it was going to cost me around £1500 for its next service I was happy enough (cam belt all round disks and pads and a leaking engine mount plus a lot of other smaller issues

Back
Top Bottom