Audi owners in here!

Would you guys consider buying Audi A4 avant black edition with 90k miles on the clock? It's 62 plate for £5k. I have checked the engine code it's from 07/2012 so there shouldn't be any problem with excessive oil usage.

Doesn't make sense for him to sell it so cheap, could get more than that selling to trade judging by prices on Autotrader (ignoring a CAT D, the cheapest in the country is a 61 plate with over 100k miles at ~£8.5k, so you'd assume he could get at least £6k for his car unless there is a problem with it).

Doesn't make sense for him to sell it so cheap, could get more than that selling to trade judging by prices on Autotrader (ignoring a CAT D, the cheapest in the country is a 61 plate with over 100k miles at ~£8.5k, so you'd assume he could get at least £6k for his car unless there is a problem with it).
Have you never bought/sold a car (or indeed anything else) for mates' rates?

Have you never bought/sold a car (or indeed anything else) for mates' rates?

Not that I can recall, no. Certainly nothing to the extent of one party missing out to the tune of over £1,000. Mates' rates in my world usually refers to payments for services rather than purchases of specific items e.g. renting a room cheap because you don't want the hassle of some random lodger, fixing something for no profit etc.

I bought it on Friday. never drove car with that many bhp. Quattro does make difference when you pull out of junction for sure.

It a petrol Black Edition? 220PS 2.0 TFSI Quattro? My old salon one always felt pretty rapid and glued to the road, cant imagine the avant version would be that much slower due tot he extra weight. Mine was mapped up to 250ish as well.

Was looking online for remaps on the new S5 but there doesn't seem to be any around from the people i would trust (last one was Revo) and to be honest I don't think there is much point, its got more than enough power and the get up and go.

It a petrol Black Edition? 220PS 2.0 TFSI Quattro? My old salon one always felt pretty rapid and glued to the road, cant imagine the avant version would be that much slower due tot he extra weight. Mine was mapped up to 250ish as well.

Was looking online for remaps on the new S5 but there doesn't seem to be any around from the people i would trust (last one was Revo) and to be honest I don't think there is much point, its got more than enough power and the get up and go.

It's 62 plate Black Edition so it has only 211bhp, but you are right it's fast. Especially using sport setting on gearbox.

Dropped the R8 in for its new gearbox tonight. I haz Q2.....a white one.......with I think 13" wheels.......and manual 140bhp power house.

Loving the specialness of the R8 ownership experience....

In other news

The Cab version of the new R8 is a joke, I did a back to back compare and unless you are 5 feet tall I can't see how you could drive the Cab version as they have stolen so much leg room it becomes a joke. Old one was the same, rubbish.

Dropped the R8 in for its new gearbox tonight. I haz Q2.....a white one.......with I think 13" wheels.......and manual 140bhp power house.

Loving the specialness of the R8 ownership experience....

In other news

The Cab version of the new R8 is a joke, I did a back to back compare and unless you are 5 feet tall I can't see how you could drive the Cab version as they have stolen so much leg room it becomes a joke. Old one was the same, rubbish.
Tell me about it.... for A8 warranty problem we got an A1 90bhp 1.0 as a courtesy car :rolleyes:

I just renewed the annual warranty with Audi on my R8, which runs out this time next month.

£977 for the year with £250 excess per claim, full cover.

Other options were £1,244 with £100 excess and £1,510 with zero excess, so my view was 1 major claim per year was likely, more less so.

Value in my book based on the car and the fact the current claim is £23,000!!

The Cooper S warranty price is absolutely ridiculous. It has a similar multiplier over the base car as the M power BMW's do. It makes no sense.

A 120i or a 120d is considerably cheaper even though the only thing about a Cooper S thats fundamentally different over the regular Cooper is the engine and that same engine is in both of those 1 Series.

It was quite an influencing factor behind my eventual choice of a Cooper over a Cooper S.

The Cooper S warranty price is absolutely ridiculous. It has a similar multiplier over the base car as the M power BMW's do. It makes no sense.

A 120i or a 120d is considerably cheaper even though the only thing about a Cooper S thats fundamentally different over the regular Cooper is the engine and that same engine is in both of those 1 Series.

It was quite an influencing factor behind my eventual choice of a Cooper over a Cooper S.

Yeah, we've spoken about this a few times. When the warranty runs out on our Cooper S I'm not sure what we'll do. If we keep it then I'm tempted to run it for a year without a warranty and then jump into the new generation A Class since that's the car my girlfriend absolutely adores, and by then the second hand market for them will be fairly mature.

Back
Top Bottom