Audi owners in here!

Loving the S5, had its first proper run out today on a long journey.

It came back filthy, and when I was cleaning it I noticed a very slight defect on one of the wheels.

Hard to capture on my phone but I think it shows the issue.

9G6vrD9.jpg

Should I mention this to Audi or am I being overly picky?

Cheers. I’ll send some detailed pics over in the morning to the dealer.

Anyone know what is the norm to expect in such an instance. Ie brand new wheel or will they try and refurb it ?

Loving the S5, had its first proper run out today on a long journey.

It came back filthy, and when I was cleaning it I noticed a very slight defect on one of the wheels.

Hard to capture on my phone but I think it shows the issue.

Should I mention this to Audi or am I being overly picky?

Mine had a couple of those that came off with a stiff brush and some fingernail, felt like tar mine were on the edge of the wheel though I assumed it was from fitting/detailing the tyre.
Reminds me, I need to buy some tyre black before i clean the car again.

Do you find the sills get really really full of dirt/salt? looked like i could plant spuds when i opened passenger side door before washing it.

So seems my gearbox is now fitted and geo being done and all ready to collect at 5:30 today. Fingers crossed they have done it properly...

Update....

Gearbox is sorted and I now have a quiet transmission (a relative term with an R8 V10 Pus) and a silky smooth gearbox, most noticeably in sport mode where the changes have softened quite a bit. Also seems to handle slow speeds better so on the gearbox front so far so good.

Also had the geo checked as I knew is was out due to the car trying to throw me off the road at the slightest camber or bump in the road and glad I did as it was 'somewhat' off. Car is now pointing straight, driving true and mighty and also putting it's power down properly as it had become a bit of a wheels spinning b'stard.

Time needed to have a proper run but old box off, new box on and geo in 3 days seems fair play to me. Going to take it for a serious run tomorrow and next new pads, some paint remedial work, new boots and then to finally fix the carbon blade mark....and a detail all before the Ring in June!

Life is good again....and now an anal shot.
37581578931_064bfb0479_k.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, looks like primer!

Depends on how long you've let them linger for. If I ever get too busy to clean them fortnightly then I tend to use a mildly abrasive polish (like SFX-2/SFX-3) with a microfibre cloth to bring them back to chrome. If cleaning them regularly, a non-acidic wheel cleaner and some elbow grease will be fine!

Either way, it's a darn sight easier off the car, and literally takes 2 minutes to knock them off with a rubber mallet!

Well I finally got round to cleaning them, just tried my wheel cleaner to start with and it's not great. They're far better than they were but there's still some blackening, particularly on the bottom edge of the inner pipes.

Some to grab some polish you reckon?

Mine had a couple of those that came off with a stiff brush and some fingernail, felt like tar mine were on the edge of the wheel though I assumed it was from fitting/detailing the tyre.

Do you find the sills get really really full of dirt/salt? looked like i could plant spuds when i opened passenger side door before washing it.

Ill try giving it a really good going over before it goes back then, thanks for the heads up.

I've just got off the phone to Audi. They wanted to try and send someone round to do a touch-up on the drive. Stood my ground and said I wanted it done properly. Dropping the car back off next week, they are going to send the wheel off to be re-cut.

Oh and yes I know what you mean about the sills collecting crap. I was dropping off a lad who works for me last week and the sat nav took me some crazy route. All down narrow little farm lanes. The car was bloody filthy. Jet washed it the next day, bit of a polish, thought it looked great until I opened the door and had a bit of a shock.

Just a big thanks again for this. I sprayed on some bug and tar remover, left it overnight, then attacked it the next day with a plastic card. Its spot on now :D

Had to call Audi and tell them what a div I had been, but all good.

Other news...............

Have to say that the mileage on this S5 is a very mixed bag. Spirited driving returns awful MPG, far worse then I used to get out of the 135i when hooning it around. But the auto box paired with sedate driving gets some pretty impressive results. This was the drive back from the office in York. It was a mix of stop start traffic, 80ish :p when the roads opened up, and the usual 50mph limits of which there are many on this stretch. All the same I was mightily impressed. Its practically a Prius :cool:
U2vzVds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom