Audi owners in here!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea it took a while, I was definitely stressed trying to find the perfect car for us. So paying more than I had planned was a small price to pay to get the car we wanted.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my gf has a 2007/8 A4 1.8t that is losing power steering fluid somewhere. Obviously makes a racket when it gets low on fluid.

Any suggestions on best course of action? I have had a look from the top of the engine and can't see anything obvious.

Man of Honour
I have owned a few Audi in the past due to the VAG scheme I'm on - A1 TFSI black edition, B9 A4 252ps Saloon and currently a '18 Q5 252ps. The scheme is getting massively worse so we decided the Q5 that goes back in Dec will be our last scheme car. At the same time we are going down a 1 car house hold. This has meant I have been on the hunt for a ticks all boxes car to keep for quite a while (5+ years).

Ended up with a A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI 252ps, it's an ex-press car so pretty well specced. Paid 31990 and pick up Thursday. Very happy.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806017084320

Obligatory snaps from dealership car park :p when I get hold of it I'll take some better photos with my camera.

jbjcMnnl.jpg

RYtzkHwl.jpg

Congrats bro, can't wait to see what you trade it in for in 3 weeks :D

Soldato
Yep Poole Audi. Can't fault their new car experience. And yes, poor man's RS6 in recession white.

Expect initial findings review after 2 and a bit years M5 ownership, this was... well, interesting

Man of Honour
Yep it's a peach of a gearbox. The BMWs I drove were all jerky in lower gears on part throttle, made town driving rubbish.

I have yet to experience a smoother and less jerky transmission than the ZF8HP.

Dual clutch systems are good at lots of things but utter smoothness isn't a key strength so your findings are a bit odd.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I have yet to experience a smoother and less jerky transmission than the ZF8HP.

Dual clutch systems are good at lots of things but utter smoothness isn't a key strength so your findings are a bit odd.

It was only 1st > 2nd > 3rd when using light throttle. Any other time it was fine. I found this to be the case on the 428i I had and both the 335d's I test drove. It could be that it was more noticeable from cold start.

DSG/S-Tronic has a bit of a bite when moving off as you'd expect, but other than that it's very hard to feel any sort of gear change.

Soldato
Soldato
Moving off and reversing on a dual clutch tends to be a little jerky however otherwise there is no comfort/refinement advantage from a ZF8 vs DSG/S-Tronic IME apart from this low speed manouvering. So I guess the ZF8 is the better overall gearbox for creaminess and wafting (hence they use ZF8 on the A8s and not S-Tronic/DSG)

Back
Top Bottom