Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Those wheels are 20s. And if it's colour DIS you don't have SD card maps either then?

I can 100% tell you, they're 19"s. Honestly, it's written on the side of the Pirelli P Zeros. And it's colour DIS in that the screen inbetween the dials is coloured between each of the options (red, blue, green and can't remember the last one).

Associate
Don't know what to say then. I've had two A6s with those wheels - one ordered new - and they're 20s. If you have 19s were they fitted separately as these have never been available to spec online or @ dealer?

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get this deal? I have heard about good deals on S6s but looking it up the deals I see are almost double what you're paying. Ta.

Soldato
So like this (not sure that's monochrome)

audia6instrumements.jpg

Associate
That's the colour DIS, which means you have the tech pack i.e. maps on a hard drive. I really don't think it's that bad tbh. The nav on the DIS is great if you have HUD so can see the nav and your speed at the same time.

Soldato
Don't know what to say then. I've had two A6s with those wheels - one ordered new - and they're 20s. If you have 19s were they fitted separately as these have never been available to spec online or @ dealer?

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get this deal? I have heard about good deals on S6s but looking it up the deals I see are almost double what you're paying. Ta.
The original deal was seen on Nation Wide Vehicle Contracts, back in around March / April time they were selling off all the S6 build slots. We approached them and at the same time went to a dealer to see the physical car. The dealer matched (actually bettered) the deal which was originally £399pm on a 6+35 IIRC. (no options, just white or black with the normal black edition spec for 10k PA). We actually ended up securing one of the last 3 build slots for an S6 and had to wait 8 weeks for the car to arrive (originally 12 weeks)

Associate
Ah ok, seems like even without tech pack the S6 comes with the colour display. That is different from the A6. Still no option for 19" 5 twin-spokes :p

Either way it's a corker of a car and engine and looks a peach too in your spec. Enjoy!

Soldato
You can buy a brand new S6 with... a monochrome DIS?!

You can’t, the colour DIS is standard on the S6. Surprised the tech pack isn’t standard so it has the basic MMI system which was poor in 2012 !

Wheel one is strange Teuton is right that design used to only be available as an option in 20s, looks like Audi have changed the standard wheel design which has always been 19s.

Soldato
Having great fun playing with my A5 Sportback, which I picked up yesterday. The virtual cockpit and MMI is a massive step up from what was fitted to the Mk.7 Golf GTI I’ve just traded in, and find some functions a bit “quirky”, shall we say. For instance, the A5 has power folding mirrors (which were a cost option, that I found perplexing in a car at this price point, but I digress), and just configured them to fold through the car menu when I lock the vehicle. However, I would have thought, that like the Golf, they would unfold when the car is unlocked, but apparently not, it would seem....

Still, overall, I’m massively impressed with the car, and can’t wait to get my head around it’s full functionality. :)

Soldato
Soldato
Having great fun playing with my A5 Sportback, which I picked up yesterday. The virtual cockpit and MMI is a massive step up from what was fitted to the Mk.7 Golf GTI I’ve just traded in, and find some functions a bit “quirky”, shall we say. For instance, the A5 has power folding mirrors (which were a cost option, that I found perplexing in a car at this price point, but I digress), and just configured them to fold through the car menu when I lock the vehicle. However, I would have thought, that like the Golf, they would unfold when the car is unlocked, but apparently not, it would seem....

Still, overall, I’m massively impressed with the car, and can’t wait to get my head around it’s full functionality. :)

The A5 will likely have individual puddle lights in the door handles. The golfs usually have puddle lights built into the mirrors and thus will automatically unfold when the car is unlocked, whereas the A5 will unfold when the ignition/engine starts

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Here she is. Will take some better pictures when I have time, including interior.

Audi A4 Avant S-Line 2.0 TFSI 252ps Quattro S-Tronic.

- Matrix LED headlights
- Full leather
- Electric / heated seats
- Electric / heated folding mirrors
- Tech pack (virtual cockpit, bigger MMI screen, Apple/Android)
- Pano roof
- 360 cameras
- Hands free boot opening
- Privacy glass
- Advanced keys

audi_a4-1.jpg

audi_a4-2.jpg

(it's parked on a hill here so ride height looks off)

Last edited:
Soldato
I went out with @Django x2 in the S6 the other night.

@Teuton @[TW]Fox I didn't even realise it had a sat nav until he pointed out the nintendo DS screen. I haven't seen bevels like that since the 2006 LCD TV era :D

Compared to his M5 it doesn't feels as brutal but it doesn't feel like it's disconcertingly scrambling for grip on normal road conditions when the surface is less than perfect i.e. every road round here. Definately more usable power.

It's as smooth as my new E220d (rip) over bumps including speed cushions even in the more dynamic S6 modes.

Soldato
Have or indeed can Audi do a remote update to their satnav system?
Reason i ask is our vehicle, a 6 month old A4 sport has been sat three weeks in a carpark at an airport, we arrived back today, used the satnav on the way home, and the google pictures/sat nav all seems different, seem somewhat updated, layout different etc.

So either there has been an update, or the wife has mashed several control knobs in sat nav mode when entering the details.
Anyone know if updates can happen outside of dealership now?

Caporegime
Have or indeed can Audi do a remote update to their satnav system?
Reason i ask is our vehicle, a 6 month old A4 sport has been sat three weeks in a carpark at an airport, we arrived back today, used the satnav on the way home, and the google pictures/sat nav all seems different, seem somewhat updated, layout different etc.

So either there has been an update, or the wife has mashed several control knobs in sat nav mode when entering the details.
Anyone know if updates can happen outside of dealership now?

Updates can happen over the air, but they are user-initiated, and you'd really know if you'd done that.

The Google Maps/Earth overlay on the navigation does however rely on a data connection, so it's entirely possible that the images have slightly changed on Google's end, though I've seen/percieved no changes to my interface at all.

Soldato
Strange then.
We’ve been up and down to Dublin quite a few times, but for the first time ever is started mentioning state boundry and uk border when approaching on sat nav.
I didn’t initiate any update, so I just assume the settings have somehow changed, I will investigate in the morning.
-edit
Including a new blue dot with a countdown to next instruction in distance
Certainly wasn’t there before

Soldato
I went out with @Django x2 in the S6 the other night.

@Teuton @[TW]Fox I didn't even realise it had a sat nav until he pointed out the nintendo DS screen. I haven't seen bevels like that since the 2006 LCD TV era :D

Compared to his M5 it doesn't feels as brutal but it doesn't feel like it's disconcertingly scrambling for grip on normal road conditions when the surface is less than perfect i.e. every road round here. Definately more usable power.

It's as smooth as my new E220d (rip) over bumps including speed cushions even in the more dynamic S6 modes.

Lol @Scrutinize are you comparing the overall smoothness of a 2 litre diesel to a 4 litre petrol V8? Or just the ride? :p

Soldato
Well, had my A5 Sportback since Tuesday, and couldn’t be happier with it, a real step up from the Mk.7 Golf GTI it replaces. :)

• S-Line 2.0 TFSI (190) S-Tronic
  • Tech pack with virtual cockpit
  • Flat bottomed steering wheel
  • Interior LED pack
D4_BE794_B-7_B91-41_B7-_BA84-63_DB3_E514991.jpg

562_F622_A-0329-4094-9_D7_F-262_CF38_E61_E9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom