Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Test drove the new A6 50TDI this morning - great to drive. Just speccing one up now and have added the following - any big 'must-have' options that I've missed?
  • Metallic paint
  • Tech Pack
  • Privacy Glass
  • Auto dim wing mirrors
  • HU Display

Order placed. Should be here for March.

Man of Honour
Cracking car the new A6 by the looks of it. For me the A6 has been constant nearly but not good enough and the 5 series and E class have always been better. With the new model I think Audi have got it right.

Soldato
Cracking car the new A6 by the looks of it. For me the A6 has been constant nearly but not good enough and the 5 series and E class have always been better. With the new model I think Audi have got it right.

My thoughts exactly. Coming from an F10 the new G30 just didn't feel different enough to take the plunge. The A6 felt much, much further ahead in tech and the engine is fantastic.

Caporegime
I believe so, but it felt a lot more sluggish than the S Tronic.

Even the S tronic in my 2011 A4 feels a lot quicker than the 8 speed Tip
That's kind of the point though. S Tronic seems better suited to sportier applications, the ZF is a more refined/smoother experience. A diesel A6 is the perfect companion for the ZF box, S Tronic never made any sense in a car like the A6.

Soldato
Soldato
The ZF comes into its own in slow traffic town etc where the S tronic can be jerky, but on the motorway they are virtually the same for refinement

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yep. S Tronic I find you feel the bite more when you slow down and then come back on the accelerator. Sport mode helps this, since it holds the gear instead of disengaged when slowing down.

Soldato
Tuesday - dropped off car for thermostat replacement
Wednesday - thermostat replaced and picked up
Thursday - checked coolant and topped up with water as instructed
Friday - Coolant Res empty :rolleyes:

Turns out there is a metal pipe on the thermostat housing which wasn't correctly connected with the clip causing the leak. Managed to get it to the garage on Friday AM and it was done by 1130. Nice to have it back and working :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I’m on the lookout for an RS3 and struggling to find anything that’s not a million miles away in a spec I want :/

Just wondering if either the sports seats or tech pack (purely for the better screen) are worth sacrificing if everything else is good?

I think he seats set the interior off a bit better, and the screen just makes it look not crap like the standard low res one :p

The facelift models (2017>) have the screen as standard so not an issue there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tech pack is a must IMO. Sports seats not so much, the base of both the seat styles is identical, all you gain with the super sports seats is a fixed headrest and diamond stitching. I'm not saying they don't look better, they do, but as they aren't functionally any better then I can't see the need to forgo other spec and cars just to get them.

I don't know when Audi made this change to the super sports seats, but on older models it was a completely different seat, not just a back design change.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I can't get over how big those parking spaces are...phwoar!

Also that green of the one on the right (SQ5?) - very nice.
Are they really that big? They seem about average to me. Although I don't think Audi wants their customer delivery cars being dented on pick up :p
The SQ5 is Gotland Green. It's a bit muddy and not as nice as the Sonoma Green RS4.

Soldato
Had mine in with Audi for a "start stop system emissions error" the reset the computer and cleared the error and said it was OK now.
"We will take it for a test drive to make sure is that ok?",
fine just dont rag it i say (kinda joking).
Get it back and its done 80 miles and used nearly half a tank of petrol..........:mad:

I have images of Ferris Buellers day off while expressing my dissatisfaction with them, they ain't interested dealer says we just wanted to test it and you agreed.

Going to drop Audi UK a complaint see if that gets me anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom