Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Soldato
Picked the C7 RS6 up tuesday.

I have had a lot of cars, I am a strange one as i am a petrol head but also i need my luxury and in the last two years while owning R8's, m5's etc I did most of my miles in a range rover 4.4 vogue se

I have to say so far the RS6 has wow'd me, it has two personality's depending what you want but the power and engine is sublime, it knocks spots of my old f10's m5.

4WD really does make this a daily driver and beyond, its fast, quiet, fairly economical, the ceramic brakes are sublime.

You cannot hide the weight though, it is heavy and you feel it. At first you actually dont feel it but when you lean on the car more and more it becomes apparent its 2 tonne. I am only a few days in so i am sure i might find i get used to it and maybe its a initial shock but i dont think the weight is going anywhere.

My M5 f10 felt more nimble but you hesitated in planting the throttle where ever you went and if you did the orange light would just flicker at you .

The RS6 looks meaner, wider arches, estate that suits me better, the interior is a personal choice i probably prefer the F10 but its not like the RS6 is bad, i just dont like the flip out sat nav which feels dated to the BMW.

I reference this against my old BMW because its a equivalent and i have not owned much that you could direct compare.

Pics to follow :)

Hitman
Soldato
My SQ5 has been with an Audi repairer for 3 1/2 weeks through October and Audi themselves for 2 weeks through November, picked it up last night and finally everything seems fixed and back to normal. Can't say I enjoyed the Fiestas they gave me in October, but the Q5 S-Line the third time round wasn't too bad.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So this is annoying.
C6 A6. How much of a pain to rectify? Is this something I can do myself or does it mean removing the whole bloody bumper? Thx

F3yTFMG.jpg

Associate
Is it gone completely or just pushed in? With a bit of contorting you can reach it from underneat and try to push it / re-seat it back in. I have had a similar... moment and it's now sitting 1-2mm deeper than it should, but the principle of "good enough" took over.

Caporegime
Bumper off job is likely, you'll want to look at the condition of the clips for the sensor if it's managed to push itself in.

That said, C6 bumper off isn't particularly difficult, I fitted sensors to mine and it took around 2 hours (and that involved the cable routing and drilling the bumper!). You will need a 2nd person to take the bumper off though.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Is it gone completely or just pushed in? With a bit of contorting you can reach it from underneat and try to push it / re-seat it back in. I have had a similar... moment and it's now sitting 1-2mm deeper than it should, but the principle of "good enough" took over.
I've had a look (gf sent the pic) and I can see the sensor still attached to the cables within the bumper.

Bumper off job is likely, you'll want to look at the condition of the clips for the sensor if it's managed to push itself in.

That said, C6 bumper off isn't particularly difficult, I fitted sensors to mine and it took around 2 hours (and that involved the cable routing and drilling the bumper!). You will need a 2nd person to take the bumper off though.
Weak. CBA faffing removing the bumper. Is there no access if I remove the rear wheel and/or rear wheel arch lining? It's an Avant if that makes any difference.

Caporegime
Mine was an Avant also. From what I can remember, trying to remove enough stuff to get a poor view into the bumper is going to take longer and be more fiddly than just cracking on with taking off the bumper!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Boo hiss. Fair enough. 15 screws; can't be that hard. You're probably right that faffing removing arch liners will probably be just as time-consuming..

Associate
Hello,

We’re after a second car and have been looking at MX5s but have since ruled it out because of the 2 seats. My wife has now decided that she wants an Audi TT coupe (mainly because she likes the way it looks!).

For my £6-7k it looks as if I could get something around 10 years old with around 70,000 miles. There doesn’t seem to be much price difference between the 2.0 or 3.2.

Anyone have one of these? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Hello,

We’re after a second car and have been looking at MX5s but have since ruled it out because of the 2 seats. My wife has now decided that she wants an Audi TT coupe (mainly because she likes the way it looks!).

For my £6-7k it looks as if I could get something around 10 years old with around 70,000 miles. There doesn’t seem to be much price difference between the 2.0 or 3.2.

Thanks in advance

3.2 v6 sounds good but is n/a so doesn’t have the same feeling as the 2.0 TFSI.

I’ve not driven the 3.2 but most people say the 2.0 TFSI suits the car more, and is more eager to go if that makes sense. 3.2 does sound much better but also a lot worse on fuel. I’d guess the v6 models available at that price will be better condition/example with more options.

Caporegime
Hello,

Thanks in advance

Um...the 2 rear seats in the tt are pretty much unusable. I wouldn't let that sway your judgement in the slightest.

Caporegime
3.2 v6 sounds good but is n/a so doesn’t have the same feeling as the 2.0 TFSI.

I’ve not driven the 3.2 but most people say the 2.0 TFSI suits the car more
Never driven a Mk2 TT, but having driven a number of 2.0TFSI cars on the same platform, as well as owning a MK1 3.2V6, I just can't see that being true.

The linear power delivery of the V6 and the need to rev (whilst hearing that lovely roar) make for a better experience than the muted sound and lagged throttle response of the 2.0TFSI. It's not as if the V6 engine is massively heavier.

Soldato
So TTS Vs S5 coupe?

I can imagine the TTS would be harder/rougher/sharper while the S5 may feel "waftier" and almost effortless.
Wanting to replace my Scirocco 2.0TFSI and move away from VAG while also changing it to a more weekend vehicle (oher car is a mini PHEV) I keep coming back to the Audi due to quattro as scirocci really struggles with grip.

Back
Top Bottom