Audi owners in here!

Associate
Seems like there's a good few offers about on the A4. Been keeping an eye on the prices to see if I can swap my 2014 A3 2.0 184 S-Line for the same amount a month on a small deposit PCP or lease. Price really starts to climb once you start flicking through the options list. Got a service coming up on mine soon so might drop a hint to see if I can get an A4 courtesy car to have a play with.

Soldato
OP
Morning guys,

Following on from the Jag XF thread, just wanting to crunch some numbers and was wondering what sort of value my car will be for private sale and part ex.

Car is the A4, S Line.
Multitronic Automatic Box
56 Reg
2.0TDI 140bhp
109,000 miles
Full service history
I would say clean condition for age, front arches are however showing signs of rust.

No options to talk about, pretty basic, no nav, cruise, leather etc. It does however have the flappy paddles!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Audi currently have free valuations on their UK site, you do have to provide an email though.

Thanks for that, I assume them valuations shown are for part ex to Audi?

Do you think it is worth a punt sticking my car up for private sale at £4k?

I would say reading their condition criteria mine is between Good and excellent, valuation for excellent was £3,225 value for good was £2,950.

Edit...just going through the Autotrader Ad creation tool, they suggest £4,250 so if I base my man maths on say £3,800 worst case.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Judging from personal experience last week, Audi's "excellent" is a bit more lenient than my own expectations of an "excellent" car. I know mine has some stone chipping and a scuff on the rear bumper, however when valued last week, the valuer was amazed at how "pristine" and "superb" it was.

Soldato
OP
Judging from personal experience last week, Audi's "excellent" is a bit more lenient than my own expectations of an "excellent" car. I know mine has some stone chipping and a scuff on the rear bumper, however when valued last week, the valuer was amazed at how "pristine" and "superb" it was.

haha ok.

To be honest reading the 'good' part on the Audi valuation. I do wonder if I am talking the car down a bit.

End of day it is coming up to being 10 year old, a good wash and wax it comes up very well and interior is clean and tidy.

Going to be speaking with the wife tonight, may stick up at £4250 a and see what offers start coming in.

Soldato
Went to local "audi exclusive" event on Saturday which also gave me an audi exclusive card which will allow a bit more discount on vehicles. Not sure how much I buy into it but the car is nice at least :p

Evaluation on the car was a little lower than hoped but not surprised as was only a bit higher when I went with my father a year and a half ago.

But registered some interest and hopefully get a call about something when people start trading in for the '16 plate/b9 release.

That tt is lovely :D but I'm not sure of the center console, the mmi looks a bit too simplistic..... Where are all my buttons?! :p wouldn't complain though ;)

Caporegime
when people start trading in for the b9 release.

Should have already started, no? B9's have been available for a while now, and from what I gather, the 1.4TFSI CoD is impossible to order, all the allocations have been exceeded.

As for the TT, I don't understand why it doesn't get the motorized screen of the A3, for that matter, I don't understand why the A4 doesn't get it also. :(

I'm still no closer after driving the B9 A4 and A3 Saloon back to back, the A4 doesn't feel like much of an upgrade over the B8.5, options list is ludicrously expensive (and currently, needed), and the "tablet" stuck on screen is very offputting. Had a sniff around the TT, just due to the discounts available at the moment, but don't think I can get away with the size of the boot. A6 is also pretty heavily discounted (though admittedly, not as much as the TT), but it's starting to get old now (facelift is already approaching a year old) and parts of it are still nowhere near as well built as my old C6 A6.

Might just stick with mine for a bit longer.

Soldato
I think it would be OTT to have a centre screen in the new TT as well as the virtual cockpit.

I love the simplicity of the design, one of the plus points for me is that there is not a hundred buttons on the dash (like Mercedes...). Everything is angled towards the driver, and functions exactly how you want.

Caporegime
I think it would be OTT to have a centre screen in the new TT as well as the virtual cockpit.

I love the simplicity of the design, one of the plus points for me is that there is not a hundred buttons on the dash (like Mercedes...). Everything is angled towards the driver, and functions exactly how you want.

Yes and no.

I like the idea of the driver being able to see the Nav, and the main screen still showing media. A4 with Tech Pack plus, and Virtual Cockpit would be great.

Soldato
Should have already started, no? B9's have been available for a while now

Sorry, should have specified I meant the release of the new s4..... Which I assume to be bracketed with the a4 b9 range? Not sure when actual release of the car is though...

Also agree, I'd like to see the center screen along with the driver screen so you can keep the nav up and let the passenger fiddle with music stuff separately.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think there is enough free space under the dash to have a motorised screen on either the tt or the b9 a4. Are you sure that tt is an sline firestar as don't they have badges on the front wing, unless its been debadged of course.
The b9 a4 was released in december 2015 wasn't it and I am getting quotes of up to over 16% discount already. Test driving one on wednesday and if the figures are ok I might just order me one..

Soldato
Are you sure that tt is an sline firestar as don't they have badges on the front wing, unless its been debadged of course.

That looks like an early S-line TT. Don't think they were actually labelled S-line to begin with.

Seems like a decent spec...though personally I love the facelift. I think it's worth the extra cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom