Audi owners in here!

Soldato
I'm not aware you have a choice?

Surely if the amount of NOx emissions exceeds guidelines without the cheat device, then it wouldn't be allowed on the road?

This ain't the states. NOx doesn't really come into it here. You can choose not to have the update if you want.

Soldato
I've got it to work on my A6, which is slightly older tech, so we don't have the car finder. I've done it through the Audi Android app and directly from google maps. Are you going into the correct options to retrieve it when in the car? This is where I initially went wrong, I though it should be within my directory. I think the correct option was "online destinations". Have a look and if you can't find it I can confirm when I have a enough energy to drag myself outside to the car.

quality let me try that

Associate
I'm not aware you have a choice?

It is not compulsory, so it is upto you. The letters they send make it look like you must take it in.

Not really read much on the results of the change, but I told Audi when I booked mine in last week for some work, that they are NOT to do any upgrade/change to the software which they noted.

Last edited:
Soldato
The car has now arrived at the dealership and I collect it next Friday, not bad considering it's only taken just over five weeks from paying the deposit. Some low quality pictures:

DSC_0300_zpsjab68ipy.jpg

DSC_0299_zps1ewx4hzr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Test drove both the Passat BiTDI and the A4 190PS TFSI today, and I still want the A4 :)

Audi West London could only get within £1500 of Broadspeed's quote, and even then they were complaining that "this is basically cost price". Before I hammer CarWow etc, does anyone know of a dealership that's well known for doing discounts?

Soldato
The A4 isnt all that exciting inside, but it has a nice quality feel, the passat just feels naff, rather have a superb than the Passat.

The Superb is very close to the Passat inside, however the Passat is definitely put together a lot better. It has a really solid feel when you close the doors. The Superb doesn't have extendable leg supports which is a hugely annoying omission. The BiTDI has a fair amount of go, but the engine vibration and road noise are far worse than the diesel B9 A4s I've been in recently.

Anyways, I've done enough research and test drives over the past 3 months to know that I still want an A4. Now I just need a good deal.

Soldato
Test drove both the Passat BiTDI and the A4 190PS TFSI today, and I still want the A4 :)

Audi West London could only get within £1500 of Broadspeed's quote, and even then they were complaining that "this is basically cost price". Before I hammer CarWow etc, does anyone know of a dealership that's well known for doing discounts?

Maidstone or Coventry Audi but through carwow..

Caporegime
Well, I went to sign the deal, but their IT systems (Macclesfield Audi) were playing up. On the other hand, I did get to wander round the lot and find my car, which was built in Gyor II (regardless of the yourAudi tracker stating Ingolstadt).

Here's the car looking rather sorry for itself, all filthy with it's transport covers still in place, and no centre caps for the wheels! I'm now perfectly happy with my choice of Navarra Blue though!

s3-bc-1.jpg

s3-bc-2.jpg

s3-bc-3.jpg

s3-bc-4.jpg

s3-bc-5.jpg

Caporegime
To be fair, there aren't "that" many colours, I wanted a dark-ish colour (so it's rewarding to keep clean) and I like blue.

Second choice was Daytona Grey (but I had that on my A6), third choice was Floret Silver, but silver cars are just so boring to clean.

Other than that we had red - snore. Black - worse than dark blue to keep clean. White - ever going to happen. An even darker Blue, or Grey.

Wasn't going to pay £2.5k for a custom colour, and actually this (Navarra Blue) is far lighter than my current Moonlight Blue A4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom