Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

I'm beginning to think that this entire forum is "BrawnGP fans" forum.

Hahaha I want a sig, half brawn half manu, with I only sing when I'm winning underneath. ;)

Interesting stat about RB's fastest lap.

I think it'd be really interesting if they compiled a table of average lap times. I think that would be a lot more revealing and interesting. For example, Hamilton doesn't often get fastest lap but when he he's winning it tends to be by a decent margin, meaning he's probably faster on average.

I know average times would probably very closely if not exactly match the finishing order, but I'd still find it interesting :)

Exactly, I don't think the macca is anywhere near as bad as people thought in race fuel. Its all well and good sticking in a few fast laps on low fuel but I don't think the mclaren pace is too bad on medium to high fuel loads.

It doesn't matter how good you are, you don't advance up the field in the slower cars on the grid. As you say his average lap time must be pretty decent. They said hamilton was racing for 8th he got 3rd. How many cars fell off or had issues in front of him?

Who did he pass to get up to 3rd?

Presuming one of the ferrari issues helped, rosbergs awful tyres, and obviously Kubica/Vettel.

I'm beginning to think that this entire forum is "BrawnGP fans" forum.

and what the hell is wrong with that :D

we've got a british team in F1 with a british driver that had one hell of a performance, besides we all love a plucky underdog story.

as usual support goes as follows

LH (best chance of overall championship for UK)
Other British drivers
British Teams
Red Bull Racing
Torro Rosso (just like to see someone doing better than ferrari with a ferrari engine)
other teams
the milkman,
my mum,
bernie ecclestone,
max mosely
some tramp I gave some money to when drunk
Ferrari

I've created a facebook page with the goal of putting pressure on the BBC to remove him. Can everyone who feels this way become a fan please! Although Mark Blundell wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, he was a likeable character. Eddie Jordan is so cold and makes for a truly horrible presenter.

The page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-...63?sid=7af0a86e46647afbbbd59a19aa81dfed&ref=s

Joined it :p

Even though we shouldn't bring Blundell back. Just DC and Humphrey. Cant see why it wouldn't work tbh.

It doesn't matter how good you are, you don't advance up the field in the slower cars on the grid. As you say his average lap time must be pretty decent. They said hamilton was racing for 8th he got 3rd. How many cars fell off or had issues in front of him?

He still did better than the cars around him. Yes, he wouldn't have got 3rd without the problems of others - but the other drivers, for the most part, caused their own problems. Hamilton not only outperformed the (faster) cars ahead of him but he managed to avoid get himself involved in any race ruining incidents.

The lap-by-lap chart from the FIA gives a pretty good indication.

Just took a look at the Malaysia broadcast times. Not that bad.

4th April 09 - Qualifying - 9am - BBC1
5th April 09 - Race - 9am - BBC1
5th April 09 - Highlights - 7pm - BBC3

Last edited:
Joined it :p

Even though we shouldn't bring Blundell back. Just DC and Humphrey. Cant see why it wouldn't work tbh.

I know Blundell isn't everyone's favourite, but compared to EJ he's the messiah! :-p

Nearly every time EJ is on screen he's spouting his self opinionated crap. It really drags the show down.

Take for example this clip: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7970618.stm

He might have been right about Vettel not needing to apologise for the crash. But how he puts his views across is just too much.

Back
Top Bottom