Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

wow, i missed a good firts race by the sounds of it, was working all last night a=so i missed the gp, sounds like it was a good race tho.

And for £77 quid for 4 days fun in the sun i want ure ticket

I can't believe Vettel's been penalised 10 places for that accident. He was on the inside and had every right to defend his position imo. What happened to real racing when crashes happened all the time, the drivers whinged about each other and that was that? It's pathetic giving everyone a punishment for the slightest of contact.

yea they want to promote overtaking but they punish people for having a go.

you can look up youtube and find loads of fairly dangerous schumacher overtakes but its ok because he pulls them off.

first one i looked at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2cQnLBK-oA button was leading the race btw
went ok but could easily have gone badly schumacher came from miles behind for the overtake button could easily have turned in on him not knowing he was there.

you cant have plenty of overtaking and 0 risk unless you want to ban overtaking in corners

They didn't punish Rubens for hitting everything except the pace car.

Brawn GP International Assistance? :D

Rubens only tapped Kimi, causing a bit of damage to the Brawn only. As I've already said loads of times in this thread the incident at the start was caused by Heikki, they showed it in detail on the F1 Forum programme after the race.

Without footage of what happened it's hard to make a judgement on the Hami vs Trulli thing. Why would hamilton let him past? That's still passing under saftey isn't it, unless Hammi had a failure?

I resent the fickle comments, I've always been a Button fan but I take the sport at face value and enjoy all the drivers fortunes and mis-fortunes. It's nice to see the big teams having to break a sweat and it's nice to see ex world champions struggle, make mistakes and shows us what they can do in a struggling chassis. Great stuff this weekend and I hope we see more of the same.

I wonder if perhaps he'll be eating those words now..

Wait until we are at least half way through the season!! Shesh, if we are mind july and Brawn are still winning races, then I would agree with you and he should eat his words, but for the love of god.... after 1 race and rulings to be made on 'so called infringments', dont get so carried away with it please!

Trulli is going to appeal against his penalty

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5120919,00.html

It seems Hamilton slowed down to let him past and Trulli had no option but to pass him, but the stewards didn't listen. Surely that would have been easy to see by asking McLaren for their telemetry data?

Edit, beaten to it.

Telemetry data under SC just tends to be loads of throttle and then loads of brake :p

Personally I don't think Trulli has a leg to stand on. It sounds like they're clutching at straws.

LH may well have pulled to one side and slowed slightly but that's hardly anywhere near as bad as completely leaving the circuit and going on the grass!

Toyota should base their appeal on getting 4th place back, not 3rd.

The FIA should release the footage, mind.

Telemetry data under SC just tends to be loads of throttle and then loads of brake :p

Personally I don't think Trulli has a leg to stand on. It sounds like they're clutching at straws.

LH may well have pulled to one side and slowed slightly but that's hardly anywhere near as bad as completely leaving the circuit and going on the grass!

The FIA should release the footage, mind.

The telemetry would show braking and Hamilton's speed being very slow for a period of time, if that is what happened.

I think Hamilton probably did pull over tbh as McLaren got burned before by that.

They didn't punish Rubens for hitting everything except the pace car.

Brawn GP International Assistance? :D

Old rubens has been watching days of thunder....

Harry Hogge: All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.
Cole Trickle: Hit the pace car?
Harry Hogge: Hit the pace car.
Cole Trickle: What for?
Harry Hogge: Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect.

:D

Back
Top Bottom