Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Nope sorry, I'm still lost.

So Trulli went off under the SC, Hamilton went past. Hamilton then allows Trulli back through.

After the race, Trulli is put back to 4th and Hamilton to 3rd because Trulli was off the track when Hamilton passes.

Now, we are being told that someone told Hamilton to let Trulli through under some "sneaky toadiness" to get Trulli penalised and have Hamilton secure 3rd?

But they got caught?

Have I got the wrong end of the stick or what?

Not quite. Trulli got a 25sec penalty post-race that dropped him down to 12th. That's now been rescinded, and his 3rd place on the road stands. Hamilton, rather than being dropped back to where he was on the road pre-Trulli penalty (i.e. 4th) has been DQ'd.

So Trulli went off under the SC, Hamilton went past. Hamilton then allows Trulli back through.

After the race, Trulli is put back to 4th and Hamilton to 3rd because Trulli was off the track when Hamilton passes.

Now, we are being told that someone told Hamilton to let Trulli through under some "sneaky toadiness" to get Trulli penalised and have Hamilton secure 3rd?

But they got caught?

Basically Mclaren told LH to slow down to a snails pace to let Trulli through. Then both LH and Mclaren lied to the stewards that they had done such a thing. They got found out again!

Its really annoying that LH gets penalized after having a great race for something that is Mclarens fault (they told LH to slow down and perhaps lie to the media that they told him to do so)

Why does LH have to suffer? If I had my way I would have let Trulli keep 3rd and LH keep 4th but then provide Mclaren with no constructor points. This then rewards LH for a good drive and penalizes the culprits which is Mclaren specifically.

(although tbh Trulli went off the road and LH should have just kept 3rd)

on passes.

But they got caught?

No sneaky toadedness, i just think McLaren where not sure about the rules.

But what make it worse was the apparently lied to the stewards about ht eevents which lead to Trulli passing Hamilton again.

But they got caught?

Trulli falls of track, loses 3rd to Hamilton.

Mclaren unsure on rules, so tell Hamilton to slow down and let trulli back past into 3rd.

Now, If at the Stewards hearing, Hamilton would have said "we were unsure on the rule, so we decided to surrender the place back to Trulli", Hamilton would have been awarded 4th, Trulli 3rd.

Instead - Mclaren advise Hamilton to lie about slowing down, misleading the stewards into believing that Trulli unfairly passed under safetly car rules. Trulli gets a 25 second penalty. Hamilton promoted to 3rd as a result.

Stewards get wind of the lie, DQ hamilton for providing misleading information and reinstate Trullis 3rd place.

Now, reading the above, can anyone honestly say that Mclaren/Hamilton did not deserve that DQ????

I'm sorry, I just don't see why they couldn't reset everything so that the positions on the road stand. That would have been about fair, even if McLaren/LH didn't tell the truth to the stewards. As it stands now, Hamilton gets **** all for what was a pretty bloody good drive which just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm sorry, I just don't see why they couldn't reset everything so that the positions on the road stand. That would have been about fair, even if McLaren/LH didn't tell the truth to the stewards. As it stands now, Hamilton gets **** all for what was a pretty bloody good drive which just doesn't seem right to me.

But the problem then would be, Hamilton would be allowed to lie to the stewards (in there eyes and the publics if they reverse their decision) then he would not have been punished, and then there would have been another outcry about that.
Also it would set a dangerous precedent for drivers meeting with the stewards in that they could lie and not get punished.

Advance apologies, but I just HAVE to do this... :p

Haha! Improved my morning no end.

I just cant see why we thought it would be a good idea to lie. They know the FIA can get a hold of the radio chatter.. they know what has been said.. Should have just explained that we slowed down to let him past because we were unclear on the rules and leave it at that. We deserve to be penalised if we are that bad at lying..

Sigh. Well done FIA / Stewards.
I wonder what other aspects of the results they can change before Malaysia.

Its funny isn't it, they took a decision which quite clearly is the correct decision under the circumstances (read machinauk's post earlier) but works against the LH/Mclaren fanboys so big sigh - big sigh for what??

It shouldn't matter who the decision was made against, a true F1 fan would support the correct decision, unless of course you support a team which encourages its drivers to lie to the powers that be. Im sure Alonso is smiling somewhere right now :D

This is getting ridiculous now. Hamilton get's disqualified yet Barrichello get's away with taking out cars in the first corner? Something Hamilton got penalised for doing last year. More dodgy FIA decisions. So this years title will be decided buy a bunch of hippocrites behind the scenes.
Blame McLaren and Kovy for the first corner; don't see why everyone is blaming Rubens when it was not his fault. Not his fault McLaren drivers can't drive.

Its really annoying that LH gets penalized after having a great race for something that is Mclarens fault (they told LH to slow down and perhaps lie to the media that they told him to do so)

Why does LH have to suffer? If I had my way I would have let Trulli keep 3rd and LH keep 4th but then provide Mclaren with no constructor points. This then rewards LH for a good drive and penalizes the culprits which is Mclaren specifically.

(although tbh Trulli went off the road and LH should have just kept 3rd)
Hamilton did not have to slow down no matter what his team told him, equally Hamilton did not have to mislead the stewards.

Hamilton gets fa for misleading the stewards... his own fault.

Its funny isn't it, they took a decision which quite clearly is the correct decision under the circumstances (read machinauk's post earlier) but works against the LH/Mclaren fanboys so big sigh - big sigh for what??

It shouldn't matter who the decision was made against, a true F1 fan would support the correct decision, unless of course you support a team which encourages its drivers to lie to the powers that be. Im sure Alonso is smiling somewhere right now :D

Fact of the matter is the decision isnt against anyone else. Its not surprising who it is against and who has made the decision. I cant say what I want to say because JRS will have a complete mental breakdown, but the FIA remain consistent in their penalising.

That said, it is our fault if we lied. But its just so damn hard to believe we would try to lie about evidence which is easily available.

just read this on sky sports, was going to post it here but it looks like ive been beaten to the punch, I have to agree that hamilton should not be the only one punished for that and that truli should be to. Its allready an interesting start to the grand prix season

Apparently McLaren said they told Hamilton to "slow down" in a similar way that Brawn told Barrichello to slow down because they were going too fast under SC conditions.

This has been interpreted by the FIA as McLaren wanting to let Trulli back past.

I may be mis-understanding the issue, but it seems that McLaren weren't playing fair, then got caught telling lies, why on earth would they be doing this?

They are nohing but a bunch of liars. How many enquiries did they mislead over the Ferrari car designs before they came clean. Clearly a 50 million fine did not deter them from cheating again.

It is widely known to everyone in F1 that radio communications are now fully available and recorded, so there is no way McLaren could have intentionally misslead the FIA and the Stewards as there is no way they could have been under the impression that the radio convorsations werent being recorded or heard. If they told lewis to slow down on the radio, then said something different when asked, it was a mistake but not deliberate, atleast if it was deliberate, theres some very dumb people in McLaren

Back
Top Bottom