Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Anyone who thinks they'd kick McLaren out of F1 is a fool. It will never happen.

In this case the team and driver directly lied to stewards and as such the punishment is justified imo, I wasn't aware of this lying previously.

Anyone who thinks they'd kick McLaren out of F1 is a fool. It will never happen.

In this case the team and driver directly lied to stewards and as such the punishment is justified imo, I wasn't aware of this lying previously.

Anyone who suggested that the FIA would change the result of the race twice last weekend would have been called a fool...

I dont see why what anyone said should have any bearing on it, the facts are there in the telemetry and the recordings of the radio communications, and the decision should be based entirely on that. If you comit a murder and then lie about it, you dont get put into prison for the lieing, you get put in prison for the murder!

If Hamilton is deemed to have broken the rules, penalise him 25s like Trulli, if he didnt brake the rules but lied, who cares... its not his ability totell the truth that dictated the result!

You also get charged with perverting the course of justice/lying under oath, whatever the correct legal term is, and your sentance will be longer.

Get it?

You also get charged with perverting the course of justice, and your sentance will be longer.

Get it?

Yes, if you withold evidence. The fact is all the evidence already existed. Anything Hamilton said that wasnt true could have been proved so by the recordings, but they werent used.

The difference is this:

You get done for murder and make up a story that you were out fo the country, the eventually find out your lying and you get charged with murder and perverting the course of justice.

OR

You get done for murder and they have you on film doing it, yet you still make up a story that you were out of the country. The evidence just proves you wrong, but you arent charged with perverting the course of justice.

Hamilton is the second. The thought that a prosecutor would go into court without having reviewed all the evidence is unheard of, so why should the FIA be able to make decisions without having viewed or heard the evidence they have. Why would anyone from McLaren have not expected the FIA to have heard the radio convorsations, even considering that Hamilton himself mentioned them to the BBC pit presenter woman straight after the race! If he thought the general public had heard, its fairly safe to assume the FIA would have heard to.

Last edited:
Erm what? This is motor racing managed by the FIA and their rule book. It's not a court of law :p

I was just extending his metaphore of it being a murder :p

I see your point better now Skeeter, one wonders exactly how they managed to miss these fairly critical bits of evidence first time round...

Bit silly of McLaren/Hamilton to deny a conversation ever took place when it is all recorded!

I dont think they ever denied it, they just didnt mention it. If its because they assumed the FIA already knew about it, then whats the problem?

Regardless of what happened, its stuck a great big black mark on what promised to be such an exciting season.

Im convinced the FIA will find the diffusers illegal and disqualify Williams, Toyota and Brawn from the first 2 races anyway. Its been proved today that the stewards decisions mean squat.

I wonder why they have not released a transcript of the first stewards meeting?
I would love to read that.

I agree.

We KNOW what happened on the radio and on the track (atleast the Trulli falling off the road bit) but we dont have any proof as to what was said or asked in the Stewards hearing. Going on proof alone, I cannot see what Hamilton did wrong, and think if there as some confusion then the result should just be to put Trulli back to 4th with Hamilton 3rd.

Unfortunately, clear cut cases with all the proof are not something F1 is good at. 90% of the so called 'facts' are just what people have been told or made up or guessed.

[TW]Taggart;13808119 said:
I home MM reconsider and apeal. This really is a farce.

It makes sence as to why they dont. History shows that if MM make an appeal the outcome gets WORSE for them, not better. They have probubly reached the "screw it, if we challenge it they will just throw us out so may as well just put up with the **** and get on with racing" stage. I know I would

Im going to say it, and stand by it untill im proved wrong, someone high up in F1 or the FIA has a prejudice against McLaren or Hamilton, and im not going to rule out that it is to do with the colour of his skin.

Can, worms, I dont care. There is no clear reason for why the FIA seems determined to be against McLaren. Who said what has nothing to do with what happened on track. All the information is available but the Stewards didnt use it, instead using the verbal accounts of people. Removing McLaren from F1 would be the death of the sport, as I feel Mercedes would go to, taking Force India and Brawn with them.

Here, you dropped your race card.

Oh and God forbid the stewards actually believed the world champion would be telling the truth. :rolleyes:
It's clearly all the FIA's fault, they made Hamilton and McLaren not tell the whole truth. I blame Max Mosley's Nazi hooker friends tbh, we all know the Nazi's hated the blacks too.

I dont think they ever denied it, they just didnt mention it. If its because they assumed the FIA already knew about it, then whats the problem?

Im convinced the FIA will find the diffusers illegal and disqualify Williams, Toyota and Brawn from the first 2 races anyway. Its been proved today that the stewards decisions mean squat.

From the FIA's statement it seems clear they asked 'Did you let Trulli past, and where you told to' they answered 'No' that was a lie.

No they wont, Williams have clarification from the FIA of the rules about the diffusers. The only thing Williams may not have asked is about the hole in the diffuser.

From the FIA's statement it seems clear they asked 'Did you let Trulli past, and where you told to' they answered 'No' that was a lie.

But the point I make is how is this even relivant as to wether or not Trulli passing Hamilton on track was illegal?! If the telemetry shows Hamilton didnt stop to let him past, and Trulli took it on himself to pass, then he was rightfully punished. The fact is one car passed another, what was being talked about at that time and what was said about that convorsation later has no effect on the physical act of passing a car!

Basically, Hamilton has been DQ'ed for either not stating fully or not stating correctly what he was saying on the radio... which sets a very dangerous presedense. If a Driver doesnt tell the truth for trivial things like "did you fart in the race?" are we going to see them excluded too?

Basically, Hamilton has been DQ'ed for either not stating fully or not stating correctly what he was saying on the radio... which sets a very dangerous presedense. If a Driver doesnt tell the truth for trivial things like "did you fart in the race?" are we going to see them excluded too?
Exactly, maybe he just did not state it firmly as he knew the stewards/FIA whatever have the recordings anyway.

I think there are just too many rules and regulations which kill the sport

But the point I make is how is this even relivant as to wether or not Trulli passing Hamilton on track was illegal?! If the telemetry shows Hamilton didnt stop to let him past, and Trulli took it on himself to pass, then he was rightfully punished. The fact is one car passed another, what was being talked about at that time and what was said about that convorsation later has no effect on the physical act of passing a car!

He got DSQ for not telling the truth to the stewards, it is quite clearly in the rules, someone quoted it a couple of pages back.
Not punishing him sets an even worse precedent, then you can no longer rely on anything anyone says.

Here i found it for you

For anybody that is curious about the rather famous "Article 151(c)", this is what it says..

151. Breach of rules
Any of the following offences in addition to any offences specifically referred to previously, shall be deemed to be a breach of these rules :
a) All bribery or attempt, directly or indirectly, to bribe any person having official duties in relation to a competition or being employed in any manner in connection with a competition and the acceptance of, or offer to accept, any bribe by such an official or employee.
b) Any action having as its object the entry or participation in a competition of an automobile known to be ineligible therefor.
c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.

Part C is the one that the FIA seem to like throwing at people, including it seems, to the director of Michelin after the problems at indianapolis a few years ago.

Yeah i agree, following the rules is a dangerous precedent isn't it.

I think the FIA's point (God, I hate having to defend those *******) was that Hamilton and McLaren's testimony initially lead to Trulli getting penalised. When it turned out that they were less than truthful, and by being less than truthful had caused someone to be penalised when they shouldn't have been, they threw the book at them.

I think the FIA's point (God, I hate having to defend those *******) was that Hamilton and McLaren's testimony initially lead to Trulli getting penalised. When it turned out that they were less than truthful, and by being less than truthful had caused someone to be penalised when they shouldn't have been, they threw the book at them.

But nothing they said has anything to do with whether Trulli deserved to be penalised.

Back
Top Bottom