Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Except for they will probably be contending with Force India rather than up front

they will probably want american drivers and unless im mistaken drivers from america/canada generally didnt last much more than a season before returning to indy cart or nascar

While all this video coverage is good, i can't help but think it kind of ruins the race, i.e. the stewards spend hours after the race has finished deciding when to remove their hand from betty swallocks and make a decision. A lot of last season was not worth watching as by the next day the results had completly changed. I think stewards should have a deadline after the race has finished to submit any changes to the race results, perhaps half an hour to an hour at the most.

This would be an excellent idea! I agree :)

Interesting quote from Barichello in the post race conference:

Crazy Demolition Rubens said:
...one thing we can say is that with the crash if people think that our car is only good because of the diffuser, well, that big hit from behind broke the diffuser completely.

he is british, was born in northern ireland, which is part of the british isles and holds a British passport

We live in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland isn't part of Great Britain.

Great Britain consists of 3 countries, England, Scotland and Wales.

The British Isles is a geographical location and not a political location and consist of most of the islands surrounding Great Britain including all of Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) and the Orkney and Shetland Islands, the Isle of Man and many more.

The British Islands includes United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

There is no such thing as a British Passport, its a Passport of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

As I said before Irvine isn't British.

brilliant race, tried my best to stay up and watch it but it wasn't happening, so just recorded this mornings live coverage

really happy for BGP, but you have to take your hat off to lewis hamilton! 1 of the commentators said along the lines " a true champion works with his car even if its not 100%) and lewis hamilton certainly did that!

amazing!

bring on malaysia!

All I can say really is, that there couldn't have really been a better start to the season.

Brawn GP win
Hamilton proved he can still drive well even when in an inferior car
Ferrari walked away with nothing
Lots of action on the track

And yes, I'm going to be a bit of a BGP fan, I admit it, I've always supported good british teams, and in recent years, what we've lacked is a good old 'plucky little brit' team. And now we have one.

To all BrawnGP fans, a quick question, before BrawnGP, did you support another team or where you a neutral?

Ive always cheered British drivers on, whoever they drove for. :)

This, I support the English drivers as for teams I don't really care since Jordan and lotus left. Other than I hate Ferrari. I hope they never get an English driver.
On top of that who can resist the underdog.

Yo,

Awesome race, really happy for the BGP team :D just wondering, is there anywhere online I can catch the BBC "red button" post-race discussion? There are no links on iPlayer or the BBC F1 website...

[edit] And yeah lots of credit to Lewis Hamilton for fighting tooth and nail all the way from 18th place - great effort!

Cheers,

Suman

Last edited:
We live in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland isn't part of Great Britain.

Great Britain consists of 3 countries, England, Scotland and Wales.

The British Isles is a geographical location and not a political location and consist of most of the islands surrounding Great Britain including all of Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) and the Orkney and Shetland Islands, the Isle of Man and many more.

The British Islands includes United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

There is no such thing as a British Passport, its a Passport of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

As I said before Irvine isn't British.

Irvines own website
http://www.eddieirvinesports.com/eddie.htm
if that was wrong dont you think he would get it changed

Back
Top Bottom