Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

I feel your pain... For me Brundle is fantastic... But not as keen on Legard.

I think Legard will be okay if someone can teach him he's not on radio.

On a separate note... Are tethers on the wheels not compulsory or something? I was suprised to see Kubica's rolling away when he hit the wall towards the end...

If you watch the replay you can see that the way he hit the wall, it was dragged through the tyre wall at a 100mph. Tethers are all very well, but they can't be expected to take that kind of abuse.

BTW - you all have my support at being glory hunters or otherwise. How does it matter or why does anyone here need to justify supporting Button/Brawn etc?? Even if you started supporting them after the end of this morning's race, I for one dont care! They deserve all the support they get, because what they have done over the winter of 2008 and 2009 is simply awesome!

Exactly the change in emotions at the factory must be amazing.

I'd love to be able to read a japanese paper tommorow morning.

On a separate note... Are tethers on the wheels not compulsory or something? I was suprised to see Kubica's rolling away when he hit the wall towards the end...

They are compulsory I think. On every car. They were designed to stop wheels flying into the crowd. Worked in the case of Vettel today though. It just depends on where the tyre / car is hit.

He [Irvine] was also a complete ****er;)

Rumour has it that he used to attend Beauty pageants and have sex with the contenstants. I believe he attended a Miss World competition and had sex in the toilets with one of the contestants. So, yes, your comment is spot on. ;)

The only noteworthy thing he did was to invest his money wisely and in doing so prepared well for his future after F1.

Can I be a Brawn fan too? Ever since I heard the news, and saw the pictures of the car on it's shakedown day, I've liked the look of it.

Ross Brawn is ace, and I just love the way the team comes across as an old-school privateer team, run by engineers who love racing, not some media hungry tycoon more interested in sponsors than results.

They didn't care that they weren't plastered in sponsorship, plain white paint was fine. Black driver overalls are also fine, and are quite good looking as it goes. They don't have a multi-million pound hospitality suite in the paddock, because you don't need one. They've spent the last year focusing on designing and building a stonking and innovative car, that performs well, works it's tyres properly, and yet is over-engineered and strong enough to withstand some abuse.

To me, it's good old fashioned British racing car engineering, and makes me think of the privateer teams of the 70s.

I just hope that the Virgin sell out isn't total, and we don't end up with the "VIRGIN Brawn GP Team", and a bright red car.

You need a Brawn GP sig now :p

I really hope that the car doesn't get a colour change or get plastered with Virgin signs all over it. Probably will happen though. Thier colour scheme at the moment is great.

I just hope that the Virgin sell out isn't total, and we don't end up with the "VIRGIN Brawn GP Team", and a bright red car.
i hate how richard branson goes on like its his team already and how ross brawn is such a great engineer "thats why we invested in him to get this car" hes delusional and probably spent more time looking at those 2 bimbos he was with than watching the race.

he thought someone went into the side of barrichello at the start when it was obvious to all it was barrichello ramming into the side of another car :rolleyes:

if you dont know what your talking about GTFO! or stay quiet and dont act like virgin built the cars when they clearly just turned up slapped some millions into a bank account and whacked some stickers on a car

i hate how richard branson goes on like its his team already and how ross brawn is such a great engineer "thats why we invested in him to get this car" hes delusional and probably spent more time looking at those 2 bimbos he was with than watching the race.

he thought someone went into the side of barrichello at the start when it was obvious to all it was barrichello ramming into the side of another car :rolleyes:

if you dont know what your talking about GTFO! or stay quiet and dont act like virgin built the cars when they clearly just turned up slapped some millions into a bank account and whacked some stickers on a car

I've got nothing against the stickers, in fact I like Virgin as a brand, the things it stands for, and the obvious business head Branson has on him - kudos to the man.

I also like the fact that the extra cash, in addition to the £x million that Brawn already had to fund the season means they will be able to afford the extra development work that will be needed to stay at the top of the pack.

But yes, I don't really like the way he's calling them "his" cars, stinks a bit of glory hunting to me.

I will be a bit miffed if the team renames itself to "Virgin Brawn GP Mercedes", in the same way that McLaren are official "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes", and eventually the Brawn name dies out and they end up being referred to as the "Virgins".

I will be a bit miffed if the team renames itself to "Virgin Brawn GP Mercedes", in the same way that McLaren are official "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes", and eventually the Brawn name dies out and they end up being referred to as the "Virgins".
aparently they arent allowed to rename the team for i think it was the next 5 years unless all the other teams allow it.

brundle or someone mentioned it

I don't think that'll happen. Using your example, we still refer to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes as "McLaren" not the "Vodafones".

True. Although Mr Branson made definite noises about acquiring a team and having some "Virgin" cars at some point in the future if things go the right way.

While all this video coverage is good, i can't help but think it kind of ruins the race, i.e. the stewards spend hours after the race has finished deciding when to remove their hand from betty swallocks and make a decision. A lot of last season was not worth watching as by the next day the results had completly changed. I think stewards should have a deadline after the race has finished to submit any changes to the race results, perhaps half an hour to an hour at the most.

Back
Top Bottom