Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2018, Spielberg - Race 9/21

Rate the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Sebastian never recovered from the penalty which ruined his entire weekend. I would hope he wises up and from now on doesn't collect more of those... :o

China - failure; Azerbaijan - failure; France - even more failure; Austria - again failure..
45% of the season so far - failures..
Still leading the championship after all those.

Seems like it's his year this year. Even when he's unlucky, he's lucky.

Soldato
gave it a 6, hopefully merc double retirement is their reliability luck used up.

missed the race and just watched the replay. Happy for Max with another win.

Haven't read back in the threat but assuming stig did a happy wee when hamilton retired.

Permabanned
Still leading the championship after all those.

Seems like it's his year this year. Even when he's unlucky, he's lucky.

Things had been going good before the summer break yesteryear. Win in Budapest and had been sitting quite comfortably and safely at the top spot.
Then, suddenly the weekend in Belgium appeared and he looked totally lost everything - his mood wasn't there, his motivation - it was as if he already accepted the destiny of losing the title... And then - all the disastrous weekends following with Singapore culmination - the all time low.

That said - yes - right now he is virtually on par with the second place - but all those failures mean that he could have led the Championship by 50 points so far.

Associate
Was good to see kimi get stuck in at the beginning of the race. I thought it was pretty good, interesting to see a lot of cars break down.

Merc dropped the ball on the strategy again today but in the end it wouldn’t of really mattered with the realisability issues.

Vettel has a good drive after losing those places at the start was expecting a team order to ask kimi to move over for him at the end to extend his lead in the championship but was nice for once they let them race.

Man of Honour
driver of day was vettel even after the FIA "inconsistent" penalty
I'm pretty sure you'd vote him driver of the day if he turned up to race day drunk, peed over the nose of the car, crashed in the pit lane on the way to the grid, then vomited on Arrivabene on the way to the stewards.

Soldato
Hamilton was also critical of tyre supplier Pirelli, which took its standard tyres to Austria rather than the thinner-treaded ones that were used in Spain in May and France last weekend to avoid the blistering that affected Mercedes, Red Bull and some other teams in Austria.

Hamilton said: "These tyres aren't good enough for us to really race. It is a shame the tyres are not good enough that you can stay in the battle. We had blistering. They should have brought the other tyre here, the same tyres we had in the last race. When you make the wrong call, that's what happens."

Here we go with the Merc push to get the FIA/Pirelli to bring "Merc" tyres to every race....

Transmission breaker
Don
Very interesting race. How anyone could have rated it low is beyond me!

High deg on tyres, battles, attrition, some great drives in the mid field, and a bit of an upset up front.

Solid 8 from me.

Transmission breaker
Don
Its usually from overheating. Having a car that can get the heat into the tyres is key to making them work at their best. However, when the track temperature is that high if you car is the best at getting in heat, its also the worst for keeping them cool!!

At least, that's my understanding. The car is designed from the ground up to allow them to "switch on" the tyres, so its not that simple to change without totally compromising the integrity of the package as a whole.

Soldato
Very interesting race. How anyone could have rated it low is beyond me!

High deg on tyres, battles, attrition, some great drives in the mid field, and a bit of an upset up front.

Solid 8 from me.
Wouldnt quite go that high, but I agree. I gave it a solid 6, entertaining and engaging all the way up to the flag. Result didnt turn out quite as I had hoped but decent race nonetheless, much more enjoyable than the previous few.

Disappointed at the double Merc DNF, the team in general dropped the ball massively on race day, especially after the strong start to the weekend. In a season where it is so close, they really cant afford any more races like that.

Back
Top Bottom