Soldato
My 4080 plays this maxed out at 4K with DLSS it FSR enabled. As per usual the visual differences between DLSS and FSR need you to pause and pixel peep. The base FPS is generally good enough to leave FG off but enabling it does improve smoothness and using a joypad means lag is not an issue, though FG does introduce some UI issues.

I find it hard to get into the game though but really should try because it looks great graphically.

Last edited:
Soldato
does anyone else find that if they stand on the spot and rotate about half speed on the controller the look sort of "hangs" for a few ms and then continues. the issue isn't bad or anything but it's just a bit annoying. Am using framegen and FSR quality. Do i need to get the base framerate up above 60fps or something? I think Framegen is bouncing around between 110+ fps so it's definitely dropping below 60fps base.

5800x3d, 6800xt, 32gb 3200 CL16 RAM, PCIE4 SSD.

Associate
Got Ubi+ and installed this.
First thoughts: Looks lovely but the game is fairly generic.
Love Avatar so will persevere with it until it really unlocks the over world. Still feels like a long tutorial at the moment.

Soldato
does anyone else find that if they stand on the spot and rotate about half speed on the controller the look sort of "hangs" for a few ms and then continues. the issue isn't bad or anything but it's just a bit annoying. Am using framegen and FSR quality. Do i need to get the base framerate up above 60fps or something? I think Framegen is bouncing around between 110+ fps so it's definitely dropping below 60fps base.

5800x3d, 6800xt, 32gb 3200 CL16 RAM, PCIE4 SSD.
ahh i get what's happening. FMF is disabling when i rotate so it's dropping to the native FPS.

Soldato
Can’t figure out why it keeps crashing to desktop after a couple mins in game, but then has the decency to then save progress to the cloud. I thought it was Dec drivers but Jan the same. At any graphical setting low or ultra makes no difference.

It’s only game which crashes. Can play Cyberpunk or Starfield for hours.
PC all stock inc drivers with default or any settings, with or without cpu under voltage. Even formatted drive to default NTFS & cluster size.
Old rig 3600x & nvidia 970 never crashes on a mechanical drive.
Anyone else using a 5800x3d & 7900xt.

Soldato
Using mix of high/ultra at 3440x1440 with dlss balanced, usually about 70/80+ fps with some dips to 60s. FSR 3 (with upscaling and FG) gives you higher fps obviously but it's not as good looking and it has frame pacing issues and the UI areas have 30hz refresh rate with screen tearing, which is pretty distracting imo.

Ultra preset and ultra quality dlss at 1440p is giving me 70-80 which is perfectly playable, though I've had no big fights yet

It pulls some serious watts though. My 3080 which usually hovers around 2025mhz is running at ~1920 and pulling 380 watts temps in the 70s with fans at ~80%

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ultra preset and ultra quality dlss at 1440p is giving me 70-80 which is perfectly playable, though I've had no big fights yet

It pulls some serious watts though. My 3080 which usually hovers around 2025mhz is running at ~1920 and pulling 380 watts temps in the 70s with fans at ~80%

The first area runs well but when you get to the second area, mainly open fields with tall grass blowing, fps takes bit of a dive.

Can't say I noticed too much power usage and heat but I am running mine at 1830 @ .825MHz

Soldato
Yep ultra quality dlss (dlaa?) has gone in favour of plain old quality. I've had a few crashes too which I'm putting down to too aggressive overclocks, or is the game a little jittery too? Apart from trying to climb cliffs for 30mins looking for someone I'm quite enjoying it. I'm might even try it out on the OLED tv

Caporegime
Taking out the RDA mining bases - Does this get more difficult as the game goes on?

I tend to be able to stealth in and do it without too much trouble but have only done about 4/5 so far.

Associate
After 10 hours of fruit finding, talking to blue people and waiting for the right weather I feel I've turned a corner with this. Heading up the rookery to get the Ikran i was like WOW like this is what ive been waiting for. Cant wait to keep going.

Associate
I've cancelled my ubi plus thing so I'll have to make do with the time left.
Still pretty but getting a wee bit bored now. Bit too samey.
I want to move way faster too. I can't see much difference between sprinting and not sprinting.

Associate
Still about 40 quid on cdkeys, but I found better value for money by using the ubi plus subscription (and cancelled it) to get a month's worth pf play out of it. It's not worth more :)

Back
Top Bottom