Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'd like to vote on who gets MoH. Perhaps the dons could shortlist some people and allow the userbase to vote but by no means makes this final. The moderators could then acknowledge the results when deciding upon the end individuals?

Soldato
Nix said:
I'd like to vote on who gets MoH.

In theory, it's probably a good idea.

But things like these can turn into one big popularity contest - next thing you know members will be selling their bodies for votes and the whole thing will just turn into some sort of badly run sham.

Permabanned
Slogan said:
In theory, it's probably a good idea.

But things like these can turn into one big popularity contest - next thing you know members will be selling their bodies for votes and the whole thing will just turn into some sort of badly run sham.

Vote em in and vote em out ;)

Soldato
Spacky said:
However if a sensible recognised approach to bringing in new Dons and UBs was done by the users, a ballet that would be sensible

I don't think that would work. A 'normal' user doesn't really know what happens behind the scenes, so cant make a proper judgment into who exactly would make a good addition to the mod team, only those on the inside can do that IMO.

Voting for MOH might be different as they have no influence on decisions on the board, as long as all the forums were taken into account and it wasn't just decided on a GD popularity contest or who can make the 'bestest evar' MS paint picture.

Permabanned
Nismo said:
I don't think that would work. A 'normal' user doesn't really know what happens behind the scenes, so cant make a proper judgment into who exactly would make a good addition to the mod team, only those on the inside can do that IMO.

Voting for MOH might be different as they have no influence on decisions on the board, as long as all the forums were taken into account and it wasn't just decided on a GD popularity contest or who can make the 'bestest evar' MS paint picture.

Hence why I said sensible and recognised approach, a set of rules and boundaries.

Soldato
Spacky said:
Hence why I said sensible and recognised approach, a set of rules and boundaries.

:confused:

For the 'normal' users? Yeah, still dont see it working or happening (if we are talking about potential mod team members, rules and boundaries for MOH is fine)

Permabanned
Nismo said:
:confused:

For the 'normal' users? Yeah, still dont see it working or happening (if we are talking about potential mod team members, rules and boundaries for MOH is fine)

Users, people who use the forum.

If you don't see it happening fine you can disagree (I can make allowances for 'Normal' users) ;)

Soldato
Spacky said:
Users, people who use the forum.

If you don't see it happening fine you can disagree (I can make allowances for 'Normal' users) ;)

'normal' = me, you or anyone else who isnt on the mod team.

The mod team are obviously abnormal ;)

Soldato
Spacky said:
User is a user.

Perhaps normal isn't the best word to use.

'Standard' user then. You have to differentiate between the mod team and non-mod team members in some fashion.

Man of Honour
You could always bring back member of the week and have people vote on that. Though member of the month might be more appropriate else you'd have no time to vote.

Soldato
Gilly said:
You could always bring back member of the week and have people vote on that. Though member of the month might be more appropriate else you'd have no time to vote.
"member of the month" sounds like an insult!

Last edited:
Soldato
This subject has been done to death already.
It'd be nice to see a few more avatars added, like a 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k & above.
But that wont happen.

It'd be good to have a change of Mods/UBs every year.
But that wont happen.

It'd also be good to vote on MoH or other such forum awards.
But that either wont happen (most likely), or will be seriously skewed in favour of the popular members of GD/SC.
Completly forgetting all the good work done by people in other forums. Theres often good guides/reviews written by people on here in the various forums that get no recognition at all beyond a post that says 'great thread'.
Those are the people who should be getting the MoH or similar awards. Not whos the most popular.
Even comedy type awards like best speller, biggest spammer, forum troll, forum idiot, ect; would be good./awaits someone to say, well in that case yours avatar could be....
Anything like that to add a bit of uniqueness to the forum.

Last edited:
Permabanned
BoomAM said:
This subject has been done to death already.
It'd be nice to see a few more avatars added, like a 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k & above.
But that wont happen.

I'm sure you're right - but it would be nice to know why wouldn't it :) The current avatar system doesn't seem very logical to me.

Back
Top Bottom