Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Caporegime
That was soooo good, it's like the last 10 years of films were Act 1 and 2 and this movie is an entire 3rd Act all on its own right from the get go and didn't let go. Thanos is a great villain, you can really understand him and a part of me side with him in his cause.

I need to go see this again.

Got to hand it to Disney, they could easily make billions more from Black Panther 2 or Spiderman Homecoming again or Dr Strange 2 but to have the balls to basically kiss those goodbye is some giant balls.

I knew a few of them won't come out of this alive but didn't expect so many, but I really like it, almost all Hollywood movies would chicken out and somehow write it so all the leads will live to fight another day but not this, well done.

And God dammit Peter Quil, it's all on you !!!!!!!

p.s. the symbol in the end is Captain Marvel isn't it?

Soldato
Got to hand it to Disney, they could easily make billions more from Black Panther 2 or Spiderman Homecoming again or Dr Strange 2 but to have the balls to basically kiss those goodbye is some giant balls.

I knew a few of them won't come out of this alive but didn't expect so many, but I really like it, almost all Hollywood movies would chicken out and somehow write it so all the leads will live to fight another day but not this, well done.

I'm guessing the Time Stone will be used to bring those "disintegrated" ones back in Avengers 4 but Loki/Gamora are possibly gone for good as they died before Thanos got the Time Stone

Caporegime
I'm guessing the Time Stone will be used to bring those "disintegrated" ones back in Avengers 4 but Loki/Gamora are possibly gone for good as they died before Thanos got the Time Stone

I hope they don't….that would really ruin it.

I think these movies are much better than Star Wars…..it makes Star Wars look dull and boring !

Caporegime
OP
I hope they don't….that would really ruin it.

I think these movies are much better than Star Wars…..it makes Star Wars look dull and boring !
The results of a fully connected, very long term plan rather than letting directors do more or less as they wished like Star Wars.

Absolutely loved it! Didn't think it absolutely necessary for IMAX but figured it worth it anyway. Some ballsy moves by the Russo's and Disney. The film seemed to fly by as well! Very well paced. @Raymond Lin yes to your last sentence.

Caporegime
The results of a fully connected, very long term plan rather than letting directors do more or less as they wished like Star Wars.

Absolutely loved it! Didn't think it absolutely necessary for IMAX but figured it worth it anyway. Some ballsy moves by the Russo's and Disney. The film seemed to fly by as well! Very well paced. @Raymond Lin yes to your last sentence.

Until this movie, apart from the Avengers and Civil War, they kinda all felt stand alone and unconnected, but it is amazing how they all seem to link together, I won't say seamlessly but it does work very well, it doesn't feel like X character doesn't belong in that scene more than the other.

Soldato
That was soooo good, it's like the last 10 years of films were Act 1 and 2 and this movie is an entire 3rd Act all on its own right from the get go and didn't let go. Thanos is a great villain, you can really understand him and a part of me side with him in his cause.

I need to go see this again.

And God dammit Peter Quil, it's all on you !!!!!!!

p.s. the symbol in the end is Captain Marvel isn't it?

You can pretty much guarantee all the ones that got vaped will be back. Heck Tom Holland has signed up for a 2nd Spider-Man movie after the 2nd infinity war airs.

Anyone who died “naturally” before that are toast, which in my opinion is still enough for the movie deaths to have been meaningful.

Soldato
Spiderman disintegrating in tony starks arms was heart wrenching.. He became the child he is and tony's worst fears were realised..

May aswell call the film Thanos: Infinity war, completely stole the show.. incredible movie villian, best for many many years.. Potentially up there with darth vader for me. The scene were he destroys hulk in like 15 seconds in a fist fight was movie gold.

Also LOVED how they made thor so freaking OP towards the end, having control of the bifrost on command and with his latent powers unlocked, he is now a true king... BY FAR the most powerful Avenger.

Soldato
I'm still gutted Loki died aa for me he was the second greatest villain and I don't believe we have truly seen him turn into a good guy yet. I guess he's done now, unless of course him dying was just a hologram of himself...?

Yes the message from Fury at the end is to Carole Danvers! Super exciting! I also wonder if we will see Adam Warlock at some point too???

For me, the bit that made me realise everything will be ok was when Dr Strange saw 14M visions of the future with just one outcome to win. He wouldn't have given Thanos the time stone so easily otherwise.......in my humble opinion!

Best, most spine tingling part for me....when the orchestra started playing the Avengers theme when in the station in Edinburgh and cutting to Cap! What a moment! Made me want to fist pump right there and then in the cinema but my inner geek stopped me!

Last edited:

Ian

Ian

Associate
Best, most spine tingling part for me....when the orchestra started playing the Avengers theme when in the station in Edinburgh and cutting to Cap! What a moment! Made me want to fist pump right there and then in the cinema but my inner geek stopped me!

The audience in my showing gave a round of applause at that moment :)

Fantastic film!

Soldato
Thought it was odd that Nick fury didn’t know anything was going on but General Ross did.

Also unsure why Hulk has been completely nerfed, first in Ragnarok vs Thor and now against Thanos. Even Cap managed to hold him off for a moment vs Hulk getting absolutely mashed.

Valkyrie / Meek / Korg were oddly missing and the attack on Nova corps would have made for a brilliant bit of cinema.

Really I think they should have made it a 3 parter like LotR, with Thanos getting say 3 of the stones in this, the last 3 in the 2nd and then a final film to correct things.

Could have also stuck vision in a black panther suit and then inside the hulk buster armour... might have been a bit more of a challenge then! Actually considering they gave Cap some shields, couldn’t they have given him Kilmongers suit etc?! They had multiple suits in Black Panther!

There’s going to have to be a time travel element to restore most of the characters as there is already Gotg3 / BP2 / Spider-Man 2 announced.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it. One thing that struck me though is how pointless Black Widow is for this sort of thing. She has no powers and is just a highly trained regular person. She doesn’t have any super weapons or technology.

At least Hawkeye had the awareness in the last film to recognise he was out of his depth. Black Widow in fight scenes against some of the most dangerous villains in the MCU is just silly.

Soldato
Really liked this film :D

The only flaw IMO being that in the first battle involving Strange and Wong we saw Wong accidentally sever a bad dudes fist using portal magic, and then in the big fight on Titan Strange never thought to do that to Thanos despite having viewed millions of outcomes of the battle.

The ending was quite a swerve too, well obviously once Thor axed his chest it was going to happen, but what I mean is I thought for sure the entire arc with Thor losing his hammer and gaining an axe was because you can't cut hands off with hammers lol.[/spoilers]

Soldato
I really enjoyed it. One thing that struck me though is how pointless Black Widow is for this sort of thing. She has no powers and is just a highly trained regular person. She doesn’t have any super weapons or technology.

At least Hawkeye had the awareness in the last film to recognise he was out of his depth. Black Widow in fight scenes against some of the most dangerous villains in the MCU is just silly.

To be fair, what is Peter Quill now given that he is seemingly no longer a God or capable of holding infinity stones? He's just a regular dude now.

Soldato
The audience in my showing gave a round of applause at that moment :)

Fantastic film!

Haha yeah same.

Wow, what a film, first time I've been in a mainstream cinema where the audience were applauding at the end, admittedly a very geeky audience as it was opening day.

Soldato
To be fair, what is Peter Quill now given that he is seemingly no longer a God or capable of holding infinity stones? He's just a regular dude now.

Peter Quill is a half human / half celestial hybrid with advanced tech. In GOTG2 he just lost those abilities he gained at the end but he is still more than just a regular human.

Caporegime
The black widow thing annoyed me more in 'The Avengers' movie when she was up against space aliens with dual pistols, over the films she has definitely got some nice tech upgrades though but yes she is still just a highly trained human....same with most Wakandans etc.

I thought it was great. Lived up to the (massive) hype that I had created in my own head.

Someone remind me what happened to
Nebula?

And is
Stark all alone on Titan?

I know that Captain Marvel is out next year before the conclusion to Infinity war, and that is supposed to be set in the 90's (prior to Iron-Man etc) but I guess it will feed in to the next movie much like the final scenes of 'Captain America: The First Avenger' led in to 'The Avengers'

Speculation - We could also find some important characters were shape shifting skrulls all along.

Back
Top Bottom