Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Peter Quill is a half human / half celestial hybrid with advanced tech. In GOTG2 he just lost those abilities he gained at the end but he is still more than just a regular human.
Actually he lost all of the celestial stuff (even the stuff he didn't know was due to being half celestial like holding infinity stones) he's just a regular human now.

Its brilliant.

Watched the first show this morning.

Thanos stole the show, and as other posters have mentioned, it was easy to relate to his motivation.

He wasnt just some power hungry bad guy.

I am going to watch this again!

His motivation only made sense once
he had used the reality stone to show how Titan used to be, and what happened there.

I still wouldn't say I specifically "related" to it even then, but it made sense for the character to be how he is.

I'm not an MCU fanboy and mostly i just see these films as okay Action flicks. This was no different. By now it feels like i've seen it all before in other MCU releases. None of what happens in this chapter will mean anything when they inevitably make everything right again in the next.

I really enjoyed it. One thing that struck me though is how pointless Black Widow is for this sort of thing. She has no powers and is just a highly trained regular person. She doesn’t have any super weapons or technology.

At least Hawkeye had the awareness in the last film to recognise he was out of his depth. Black Widow in fight scenes against some of the most dangerous villains in the MCU is just silly.
Yes it was:
They dumbed down the abilities of Proxima and Corvas. In the comics after Thanos punches the Hulk clean through a village Thanos commands them to kill the Hulk which they nearly do. The Glade is able to hold the Hulk down and Proxima is able to pierce the Hulk's skin. Yet they were having trouble with the Black Widow?

I dont get why we have to use Spoiler tags in a thread about spoilers on the film lol.
Anyway just booked my second showing for tomorrow, taking my wife and 5 year old this time.

I dont get why we have to use Spoiler tags in a thread about spoilers on the film lol.
Anyway just booked my second showing for tomorrow, taking my wife and 5 year old this time.
In case someone comes into the thread through new posts or get linked to a post by someone evil.

Brolin did such a great job, I am not sure how easy it is going to be to watch Deadpool 2 without associating him with Thanos instead of Cable.

Isnt Deadpool 2 out in like a month?

A quick question about the last scene as I know nowt about the comics -

After Thanos snaps his fingers and he comes back to Thor, the gauntlet is smoking and looks heavily damaged - Is the gauntlet a "one time use" kind of device and is now destroyed/damaged? Also was it the gauntlet that allows him to teleport as he seemed to use it straight afterwards when it was still smoking etc?

More like 2 weeks!

Infinity War was awesome, I thought there would be a lot more ‘slack’ in the film given it’s a 2 parter but it was pretty much 100% action from the start.

A bunch of teenagers behind me when the credits rolled shouted “What?! Is that it?!

I think they couldn’t get enough of action after 2 and a half hours, and that they don’t know there’s a part 2.

Back
Top Bottom