Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
What is it behind Thanos that caused the Hulk so much pain? It’s not like the punches were super hard but still it only took 3 to knock the hulk unconscious.

Size wise they are identical except one is green and one is blue :p

Soldato
The hammer Thor used to assail Thanos with was nothing but the equivalent of a twig in the comics. Of course Thanos lost in the comics but not through anybody being able to physically beat him. I watched and liked the movie, but didn't appreciate the way they toned down Thanos's personality and abilities (even though he won). I felt short-changed .You can tell from the first few trailers that Thanos was a completely different person and possessed a different appearance prior to the Infinity war movie.

i'm a big fan of thanos in the comics but still liked what they did in the movie.
I don't think its possible to make a version like the comics without alienating a large portion of the audience.

Soldato
Tbh I don't know what would be alienating? For most of his life he was obsessed with courting death and when he finally had the chance he refused and evolved into the being that replaced her. Thanos means God of Death. I don't see what's so hard to grasp? Its quite annoying to me to see the Avengers having the remotest of chances against him when he's defeated the Silver Surfer, Super Skull, Gladiator, Ronin, Beta Ray Bill and Quasar all at the same time in the Thanos Imperitive, without the Gems and without breaking a sweat. The movie turned him in to a wussy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tbh I don't know what would be alienating? For most of his life he was obsessed with courting death and when he finally had the chance he refused and evolved into the being that replaced her. Thanos means God of Death. I don't see what's so hard to grasp? Its quite annoying to me to see the Avengers having the remotest of chances against him when he's defeated the Silver Surfer, Super Skull, Gladiator, Ronin, Beta Ray Bill and Quasar all at the same time in the Thanos Imperitive, without the Gems and without breaking a sweat. The movie turned him in to a wussy.

Without the gems, what are his powers?

Man of Honour
What is it behind Thanos that caused the Hulk so much pain? It’s not like the punches were super hard but still it only took 3 to knock the hulk unconscious.

At that point in the movie, Thanos had the power stone from planet Xandar.

Clue is in the name :)

Associate

I took it that he'd never taken such a swift, harsh beating. He's fuelled by anger and rage and those emotions were quickly replaced by fear and confusion. Making him weaker still.

I figure Thanos at some point will do something to really anger him to bring him out again.

Soldato
I took it that he'd never taken such a swift, harsh beating. He's fuelled by anger and rage and those emotions were quickly replaced by fear and confusion. Making him weaker still.

I figure Thanos at some point will do something to really anger him to bring him out again.
Maybe kill Nat?

Soldato
Wonder what will happen to the gauntlet now? If I remember correctly, it looked burnt and destroyed once Thanos had clicked his fingers?

Soldato
The movie turned Thanos in to a wussy despite tearing through all the avengers in seconds at the end and winning? Hmmm.

They made him sentiment, almost benevolantl seeking balance when he didn't have a sentimental bone in his body. The only thing Thanos sought was death. What we got in the MCU was someone/something completely different.

Soldato
Without the gems, what are his powers?

Being an Eternal, Thanos has superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes and agility. He is nearly invulnerable, able to endure extreme heat, cold, energies, radiation, and poisons. Due to his genetic heritage, Thanos is immune to aging and disease. Being one of Mentor's oldest children, Thanos' birth is estimated to the around 4000 B.C. Thanos could survive indefinitely without food or water even before Death "cursed" him with immortality.

His mind is invulnerable to most forms of psychic attacks. He has proven to be even more powerful than Moondragon and has even entered into the mind of Galactus and battled him astrally. He can project posionic blasts and travel to the astral plane, as well as read the minds of various individuals including. His telepathic abilities has allowed him to defeat Drax using a Sync-Time-Warp attack.He has also been able to lobotomize powerful individuals, such as the Fallen One with ease, and mind controlled the Hulk.

Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. He can emit blasts of plasma and cosmic energy of devastating power from his eyes and hands. Thanos is also able to manipulate matter and other energies to his own purposes, such as in shields which are not tied to his technology. More interestingly, he was able to rearrange the Fallen One's brain on the atomic level to lobotomize and mind control him, as well as heal Moondragon of a supposedly fatal disease just by touching her. Like other Eternals, Thanos has the natural ability to teleport himself and others, and can also do so through the use of technology.

He is one of the strongest beings in the universe. Thanos possesses remarkable resilience and durability and has brushed off physical attacks from traditional powerhouses such as Thor and Drax. He was even able to trade blows with a maddened Thor in possession of the Power Gem. He is even highly resistant to reality and matter manipulation.

Death resurrected Thanos and increased all of his abilities, giving him even greater resilience and energy manipulating abilities. He is exceptionally powerful, and his been labelled in same tier as people like Odin. Thanos' powers have increased to an unknown level, but its a massive upgrade from his previous form. He has also become immortal, and is able to regenerate from a skeleton.

Thanos was born with superhuman intelligence and has spent much of his life acquiring knowledge. While in the service of Death, he spent a great deal of time gazing into the Infinity Well and learning "secrets" of the galaxy. Aside from the Watchers, he is, perhaps, the most knowledgeable being in the known universe.
In addition he has since become more powerful by evolving into Death. Not an aspect of death like Hela but the Abstract entity that stands side-by-side with Eternity and the likes of Galactus. They are brother, father and son to each other.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They made him sentiment, almost benevolantl seeking balance when he didn't have a sentimental bone in his body. The only thing Thanos sought was death. What we got in the MCU was someone/something completely different.

The MCU has been different from the comic versions of the characters for 10 years...I don't understand your criticism.

Soldato
They cherry picked and changed whilst keeping the same name is my criticism. For me they should have portrayed him as dark and as powerful and ruthless as he was. Not present us with a watered down equivalent.

Sony appear to be doing the right thing with Venom. Just my opinion. At least I still have the comics. ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don’t want farmer Thanos, so I don’t care that they cherry picked bits from the comics tbh

Back
Top Bottom