Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
Oh man that was just an incredible as it was in the cinema, definite 10 from me, Thanos was done so good, I love him, he’s my new favourite character!!

Associate
Can't understand that all home release versions of this is giving us an aspect ratio that will give us black bars on the 16:9 ratio TVs that most of us have rather than using the IMAX aspect ratio that would fill the whole screen.

Caporegime
What's wrong with 21.9 on 16.9 displays?

Especially large 16.9 TVs? :confused: Yes, it is annoying the way the whole film isn't making use of the entire physical screen but the 21.9 aspect ratio is superior to the 16.9 aspect ratio regardless of what aspect ratio said display is.

I love 21.9 displays but no way in hell would I sacrifice the superior quality of a 16.9 OLED :p

Also, with OLED and a dark room, you wouldn't even know that the films weren't making use of the entire screen...... Got to love them deeeeeeeeeeep blacks ;) :cool:

Soldato
I just hope the sequel restores some of the Hulk's status. Since the first Avengers movie, I feel he (or rather his power) has been undermined a bit. Being knocked out by the Hulkbuster armour in AoU, being battered by Thor in Ragnarok. I don't mind Thanos kicking his ar$e in IW, but he should still be the strongest Avenger.

Associate
What's wrong with 21.9 on 16.9 displays?

Especially large 16.9 TVs? :confused: Yes, it is annoying the way the whole film isn't making use of the entire physical screen but the 21.9 aspect ratio is superior to the 16.9 aspect ratio regardless of what aspect ratio said display is.

I love 21.9 displays but no way in hell would I sacrifice the superior quality of a 16.9 OLED :p

Also, with OLED and a dark room, you wouldn't even know that the films weren't making use of the entire screen...... Got to love them deeeeeeeeeeep blacks ;) :cool:

Here is the comparison so you can see what we're missing.

Caporegime
I just hope the sequel restores some of the Hulk's status. Since the first Avengers movie, I feel he (or rather his power) has been undermined a bit. Being knocked out by the Hulkbuster armour in AoU, being battered by Thor in Ragnarok. I don't mind Thanos kicking his ar$e in IW, but he should still be the strongest Avenger.

Thor lost...

Caporegime

Same problem DC have (well 1 amongst a load) with Superman, he's so powerful in the comics and cartoons etc yet in Man Of Steel he was barely able to stop an oil derrick from falling onto a helicopter. In other media he's moved planets with no effort. Makes no sense to me why he is visibly putting effort into things that should be the equivalent of a person lifting a sheet of paper.

They tone him down and it's met with criticism, they make him powerful and then that's also complained about. Just awkward characters to write for i suppose.

Soldato
The hammer Thor used to assail Thanos with was nothing but the equivalent of a twig in the comics. Of course Thanos lost in the comics but not through anybody being able to physically beat him. I watched and liked the movie, but didn't appreciate the way they toned down Thanos's personality and abilities (even though he won). I felt short-changed .You can tell from the first few trailers that Thanos was a completely different person and possessed a different appearance prior to the Infinity war movie.

Soldato
Same problem DC have (well 1 amongst a load) with Superman, he's so powerful in the comics and cartoons etc yet in Man Of Steel he was barely able to stop an oil derrick from falling onto a helicopter. In other media he's moved planets with no effort. Makes no sense to me why he is visibly putting effort into things that should be the equivalent of a person lifting a sheet of paper.

They tone him down and it's met with criticism, they make him powerful and then that's also complained about. Just awkward characters to write for i suppose.

I'd totally agree with you on Superman but in the case of the Hulk, I'm just asking he be the strongest Avenger. I don't think that makes him OP. The threat "We have a Hulk" isn't quite as menacing when you've seen him beaten several times. And Thanos swatting him like a fly wasn't as shocking either, for the same reason. Just my 2p.

Soldato
I'd totally agree with you on Superman but in the case of the Hulk, I'm just asking he be the strongest Avenger. I don't think that makes him OP. The threat "We have a Hulk" isn't quite as menacing when you've seen him beaten several times. And Thanos swatting him like a fly wasn't as shocking either, for the same reason. Just my 2p.

like a lot of films, i put it down to lazy writing.

Haven't read the comics, but from threads on here there always seem to be various versions of the characters, if they'd pick the one they plan to use then work the script around that it wouldn't be a problem, but to change the power levels of the characters is just stupid.

both of the characters can be beaten, so they have something to work with but they just don't seem to bother.

it's like when you have "elite" troops yet when it comes to it they can't hit a barn door, they can't be bothered to come up with something better than them not being able to shoot straight.

Back
Top Bottom