Bahrain Grand Prix 2016, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Man of Honour
oh look Ferrari so close like commentators have been making out all weekend.
oh wait what a surprise.

by something special, you mean their true pace difference between them and everyone else.

Caporegime
So... Why do we need F1 cars to be faster?

I have no answers as to the decisions over new regs. I literally can't fathom how ANYONE let alone someone qualified, came up with "speed" as something needed!

Would have liked Hamilton behind rosberg. Just cause Hamilton can overtake

Caporegime
So... Why do we need F1 cars to be faster?

Largely because everyone at the start of 2014 complained the cars were slow. But also don't forget that race pace is a mile, an absolute mile behind the older cars. Yes a lot of that is down to tires and fuel but it's still a fact. 2007-08 had race times sometimes faster than qualifying, basically on par with it throughout. This year race pace is anything up to around 8 seconds down on qualifying pace.

Qualifying is fast, race pace sucks.

Caporegime
The image of people aimlessly wandering around parked cars while a commentators voice echo's around an empty track during the closing stages of a live session basically sums up this format of Qualifying.

Man of Honour
i'm going to go make some schnitzel, which will be a million times more exciting than that excrement put through a jet engine.

Soldato
3 minutes to go in Q3 no cars on track and effectively the end of the session. It was almost the same for the previous qualifying sessions with no cars on a timed lap in the last 3-4 minutes..

This qualifying still sucks!

Caporegime
What we will now see is Formula 1 yet again defy belief by yet again not returning to the perfectly good 2015 qualifying spec.

I have little to no confidence that Todt isn't going to just stick to his guns.

Associate
Largely because everyone at the start of 2014 complained the cars were slow. But also don't forget that race pace is a mile, an absolute mile behind the older cars. Yes a lot of that is down to tires and fuel but it's still a fact. 2007-08 had race times sometimes faster than qualifying, basically on par with it throughout. This year race pace is anything up to around 8 seconds down on qualifying pace.

Qualifying is fast, race pace sucks.

True but does that actually give a better race?
I'm not too bothered what the lap times are, what I'd like to see is cars being able to follow closely and then be able to overtake. Not whether they're lapping 1:26 or 1:46 to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom