Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2019, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Rate the 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Outstanding race, especially when Vettel binned it once more!! Rather bizarre his front wing flying off also.

The amount of vibration he had he should have known to drive slower, the wing coming off could have finished his race.

Ferrari need to face facts now, stop putting all of their eggs in one basket and covering for Vettel, imo he is largely a manufactured product of Red Bull, the minute he announced he was leaving them (utter betrayal) for Ferrari his car was downtooled and he had a season like Webber was used to.

Transmission breaker
Don
Well, Vettel, how many times does it happen before you have to worry that it will keep happening... Even the biggest Ferrari/Vettel fan is going to have to have doubts about him now.
Such a shame for Charles, he was superb this weekend, and Ferrari doing everything they can to fail to capitalise on an advantage.
Consumate professionalism from Mercedes, coming away with a 1-2 when in the second fastest car.

I really enjoyed the race as a whole, with some great performances (Norris has to get a mention here too) some close racing and enough incidents to keep the masses happy ;)

Let's hope China can deliver it's usual and we get Ferrari bringing their A game. I want Mercedes to have to work for this. Ferrari have a lot to sort out. :(

Caporegime
Gutted
Had to watch until the end to see Renault get no points.
Hulk out driven Riccardo again, was my diver of the day,, no mistakes and rectified that quali .

So that's 3 Renault failures in 2 races ? Great. Its going to be a bad season

Vettel poor as usual. Leclerc has him this year

Soldato
The amount of vibration he had he should have known to drive slower, the wing coming off could have finished his race.

Ferrari need to face facts now, stop putting all of their eggs in one basket and covering for Vettel, imo he is largely a manufactured product of Red Bull, the minute he announced he was leaving them (utter betrayal) for Ferrari his car was downtooled and he had a season like Webber was used to.
Utter betrayal? Do you consider Hamilton leaving McLaren utter betrayal too?

Soldato
I’d say Rosberg was more of a betrayal in that he signed a deal and then ****** off.. Vettel just left for team red as it was always his dream. (Like many racers) Plus it was probably just the right time for a move.

Soldato
What this shows to me is that drivers should never 'manage' the race if it can be helped, and instead build the largest gap possible.

Sure you have to save a bit of fuel and tires, but building a massive gap is important.

Soldato
On that note - wtf is wrong with Grosjean. He seems intent on ******* his potential away.

For once, I'd say that Grosjean wasn't at fault for the contact that led him to retire. Sure, he turned in but he was well ahead, it was the second corner of the start and he was way on the outside.

His behaviour in qualifying was very poor though. Why are Haas the only team not to give radio guidance to their drivers to tell them about drivers behind them during qualifying?

Soldato
Doesn't make sense binotto saying he doesn't know where the rumours came from...what rumour...Charles race engineer directly said no H recovery lol. In addition it looked that way as the recovery lights weren't flashing either. Anyway an engine cylinder misfire sounds like a new ICE would be needed?

Does that mean the engine is done or can components be replaced to fix it? It’s only 4 for the whole season isn’t it??

No remember its split into component parts of which they are allowed 3 of each for the season. Suspect whatever part has failed will need to be replaced so he will only have 1 more before penalties but he will have the full compliment for the rest of his components.

Soldato
What this shows to me is that drivers should never 'manage' the race if it can be helped, and instead build the largest gap possible.

Sure you have to save a bit of fuel and tires, but building a massive gap is important.

I think there's been plenty of evidence that drivers are managing components over a season rather than over just an individual race. Hamilton was already talking about reducing mileage on the engine during qualifying. Everything is about managing components and degradables.

Man of Honour
I think there's been plenty of evidence that drivers are managing components over a season rather than over just an individual race. Hamilton was already talking about reducing mileage on the engine during qualifying. Everything is about managing components and degradables.

It was really apparent at the end of last season when Mercedes and Ferrari were strongly nursing their cars home which helped bring the Bulls into contention for race wins. There needs to be even more managing this year.

Next race will be very interesting. Ferrari seem to be pushing too hard, their cars were overheating, Leclerc likely didn't have enough fuel to finish the race - take this into consideration and I doubt they are much ahead of Mercedes.

It is a shame that Red Bull aren't closer and it is unusual for them to be lacking performance in the aero department.

Soldato
Anyway an engine cylinder misfire sounds like a new ICE would be needed?
Depends on why it was misfiring. If was just a dodgy or loose spark plug, it'll be fine. That being said, it's a rather odd excuse for the problem. The engine sounded fine in both onboard and exterior mics, and as quoted above it was the engineer over the radio who said it was an MGU-H problem, and they must have live telemetry telling them exactly what the current state of the engine is.

Soldato
As a big big fan of Seb, this is becoming a hard pill to swallow :(

But he's never been good in traffic. Those Red Bull days when he had the best car, started at the front and scampered off into the distance have flattered him tremendously, but even back then he had the reputation for folding or crashing when it came to wheel to wheel racing. He's not changed at all in that respect, but the difference is he's not had the relative performance advantage he had at that time.

Back
Top Bottom