Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

I don't understand it all either, it just seems all so pointless and ridiculous.

I committed the cardinal sin, I married a Catholic...

Ok, then Gay Marriage is not legal, although (and while we are all being pedants here) illegal can be defined simply as forbidden in Law....which conducting a Gay Marriage in Northern Ireland remains...that there is no criminalisation of it through the reason of it's processes simply having no recognition is immaterial.

This 'illegality' is illustrated by your own point that even Same Sex Marriages conducted legally and recognised in other countries both foreign and domestic are also not recognised, and are only given the same rights as Civil Partnerships.

As I said, minds have been made up to paraphrase another forum poster from another thread... :D

Was it salt and pepper who said:

1+1 is 2, 2 is me and you
2+1 is 3, 3 is family.

Two people are not a family.

The song is by Dana Dawson.

And one of the many acceptable definitions of Family is:

A group of people related by blood or marriage....a married couple is a family.

So on both counts you were wrong.

He can have whatever marriage views he likes.
From whatever source he likes.

The david cameron approved change to allow gay marriage to exist, where previous it was identical in law called civil partnership, and affording the same rights, has basically changed the dictionary definition of the word, in great britian.
In the UK as a whole it has only changed for certain regions, northern ireland remains excluded. We had civil partnership first iirc, but not marriage, nor any likely plans for it to become law here.

Currently Northern Ireland doesn't allow gay men to donate blood. The health minister refuses to allow this. Yet in times of shortage when we import from England we might well be getting 'gay' blood. Explain that logic to me anyone...

I'd be more concerned about life saving donations, rather than the term marriage being used for something it never was, until we changed the dictionary definition.

He can have whatever marriage views he likes.
From whatever source he likes.

The david cameron approved change to allow gay marriage to exist, where previous it was identical in law called civil partnership, and affording the same rights, has basically changed the dictionary definition of the word, in great britian.
In the UK as a whole it has only changed for certain regions, northern ireland remains excluded. We had civil partnership first iirc, but not marriage, nor any likely plans for it to become law here.

Currently Northern Ireland doesn't allow gay men to donate blood. The health minister refuses to allow this. Yet in times of shortage when we import from England we might well be getting 'gay' blood. Explain that logic to me anyone...

I'd be more concerned about life saving donations, rather than the term marriage being used for something it never was, until we changed the dictionary definition.

If I remember correctly, gay men are only allowed to give blood if they have not engaged in sexual activity for 12 months.

I committed the cardinal sin, I married a Catholic...

Haha, so did I...she is Irish as well, although from the Republic, where mostly people are too interested in GAA and Guinness to care about too much else.

As I said, minds have been made up to paraphrase another forum poster from another thread... :D

Not quite, as I accepted your definition and usage in the context to which you applied it...I merely added that the term can also be applied to the context of something being forbidden in Law. So my mind wasn't made up, in fact I accepted your explanation and offered an addendum of my own.

Haha, so did I...she is Irish as well, although from the Republic, where mostly people are too interested in GAA and Guinness to care about too much else.

The only reason I am opposed to reunification is because I like the Irish too much to foist the Northern Irish on them! :D

Not quite, as I accepted your definition and usage in the context to which you applied it...I merely added that the term can also be applied to the context of something being forbidden in Law. So my mind wasn't made up, in fact I accepted your explanation and offered an addendum of my own.

It didn't really read like that to me, but compromise accepted anyway. It isn't like we are going to actually solve the issue either way.

I still cannot give blood simply because I had a blood transfusion after 1980.

Given the screening we can now do I have no idea why I can't.

The only reason I am opposed to reunification is because I like the Irish too much to foist the Northern Irish on them! :D

I'm not opposed, I just think its up to them and I don't think other than a vocal minority that either really want it...I know plenty of Southern Irish (its a frequent topic of conversation on Newstalk an Irish radio station) would like to be part of the UK again.

It didn't really read like that to me, but compromise accepted anyway. It isn't like we are going to actually solve the issue either way.

Sometimes, especially on the Internet, a little clarification is necessary.

I still cannot give blood simply because I had a blood transfusion after 1980.

Given the screening we can now do I have no idea why I can't.

Republic of ireland won't take your blood if you've had a root filling done in the UK, unless the dentists gives you a letter to say he used single use files at the time.
As they never had a cjd case, but there was one in Belfast.
So the same dentist, could treat the same patient using the same equipment in Newry, or Dundalk, a few miles apart, and depending on where they have the procedure their blood would either be accepted or rejected.

Back
Top Bottom