Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

I'm tempted to go order a cake with something massively offensive on it, maybe some neo-nazi slogans, and if they refuse then take them to court.

Otherwise, I get a cake to eat :D

So you're saying no business has a right to support a particular Political viewpoint or have a stance on something they feel strongly about and have to be impartial no matter what's going on in the world in which case I'd say pretty much all businesses are now open to litigation.

To me, beliefs as in religions shouldn't mix with business. If you are going to open a public business that anybody can use, then everyone should have the same rights, not be discriminated because of some religious beliefs that should be unrelated to the company itself.

So you're saying no business has a right to support a particular Political viewpoint or have a stance on something they feel strongly about and have to be impartial no matter what's going on in the world in which case I'd say pretty much all businesses are now open to litigation.

The situation in Northern Ireland is different in that there is additional legislation making political discrimination illegal.

Individuals are allowed to discriminate, business aren't so no individual freedoms have been broken. The owners can dislike the idea of homosexual marriage as much as they like, they just cant refuse to do business because of it.

The bakery itself is not important, the overall message is more important: in a business environment, keep your religious views to yourself and treat your customers properly, as long as their requests are within the letter of the law.

The bakery itself is not important, the overall message is more important: in a business environment, keep your religious views to yourself and treat your customers properly, as long as their requests are within the letter of the law.

If someone cam to me and said design an ISIS propaganda leaflet I would tell them to go **** themselves.

So would I get prosecuted?

So a gay bakery should be compelled to bake a cake with a slogan such as "Re-criminalise Homosexuality"?

Yes, poor gays they can't have their cake.

If the gentleman in question had any morals or sense of right wrong he would have just taken his order to another bakery rather than drag this ridiculous case through the courts costing countless taxpayer ££££££

Gay man gets his cake christian bakery doesn't get an order = justice served

Back
Top Bottom