Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

So a gay bakery should be compelled to bake a cake with a slogan such as "Re-criminalise Homosexuality"?

No, because that slogan would be inciting hatred, which is illegal.

However, a straight couple could go to a bakery specializing in a gay clientele and order a cake.

now what would have happened had the bakery refused to bake a cake with a slogan against gay marriage?

would they have been breaking the law then too?

No, because that slogan would be inciting hatred, which is illegal.

However, a straight couple could go to a bakery specializing in a gay clientele and order a cake.

No it wouldn't be inciting hatred. It would be seeking to change the law.

A slogan such as "Burn all the gays" would be inciting hatred. Seeking to peacefully change the law, via democratic means, is not inciting hatred.

The very fact you think so shows how screwed up our society has become.

Yes, poor gays they can't have their cake.

If the gentleman in question had any morals or sense of right wrong he would have just taken his order to another bakery rather than drag this ridiculous case through the courts costing countless taxpayer ££££££

Gay man gets his cake christian bakery doesn't get an order = justice served

:rolleyes:

If the baker had any sense or moral or right form wrong he wouldn't have been a bigoted homophobic moron and served the customer in a decent manner!

No it wouldn't be inciting hatred. It would be seeking to change the law.

A slogan such as "Burn all the gays" would be inciting hatred. Seeking to peacefully change the law, via democratic means, is not inciting hatred.

The very fact you think so shows how screwed up our society has become.

No, what you shouldn't was to make homosexuality a criminal act, which would be inciting hatred.

I plan to find a gay bakery and demand a "Kill all gays" cake be made for me. I won't eat it of course (aids) but it will be interesting to see what happens.

That would be you, the buyer, discriminating against gays, with an overtly discriminatory message request. Similar to if the gays had asked for a "kill all Christians" slogan.

I admit I did properly lol at your second sentence :D

No, we can upset anyone's religion. We just can't upset the homosexuals.

This decision is a terribly illiberal act and a blow for freedom.

Unfortunately we have these pesky little things called discrimination laws. If they are a company that serves the public they can't discriminate on grounds of gender, race, sexuality, etc..

If they had simply said no we can't we are too busy then nothing would have happened.

What a disgrace this ruling is, step in the wrong direction and will just fuel homophobia, one set of rights shouldn't infringe on another, they could have (and did so) go to another bakers

Last edited:
Whose freedom?

All of ours.

Unfortunately we have these pesky little things called discrimination laws. If they are a company that serves the public they can't discriminate on grounds of gender, race, sexuality, etc..

If they had simply said no we can't we are too busy then nothing would have happened.

grounds of gender, race, sexuality, etc....you missed out religion. Unfortunately most people do, it is considered open season.

What a disgrace this ruling is, step in the wrong direction and will just fuel homophobia, one set of rights should infringe on another, they could have (and did so) go to another bakers

Indeed, we should stand up to homofascism.

cYi5pfZ.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom