Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

Read again folks. Acting on it is illegal. Being one isn't.

Gay marriage causes harm to no-one
Paedo sex causes harm to the victims

Promoting something on a cake which causes harm to no-one, doesn't really compare with promoting something which causes a great deal of harm and is considered an extremely serious offence under the law.

You got to love the bigots standing up for their right to hate / discriminate but don't understand that ALL members of society are afforded rights not to be discriminated against which are protected by law.

If you want to discriminate do not offer a public service, run a bakery from the back of your kitchen to friends and family.

What about the people being intolerant about intolerance, and thus ending up doing the same sort of things they're moaning at other people for doing?

You got to love the bigots standing up for their right to hate / discriminate but don't understand that ALL members of society are afforded rights not to be discriminated against which are protected by law.

If you want to discriminate do not offer a public service, run a bakery from the back of your kitchen to friends and family.

Yet another person missing the point. All people have the right to religious freedom. The argument is the fact that one right, sexuality, seems to have trumped this right.

The thing I find interesting about this is that Northern Ireland doesn't recognise same-sex marriage and has no intention of doing so. The bakers actions in not wanting to support it are in line with the governments actions. Effectively the bakers have been found guilty of agreeing with the Northern Ireland Executive which surely creates a legal minefield.

For the record I fully support same-sex marriage and think its a disgrace that NI wants to continue with its backwards ways

The problem with paedophilia is consent/abuse, not certain social beliefs.

No. You're wrong. I'll state clearly again...it is legal but socially wrong for someone to have an attraction to kids.

It is illegal for them to act it out.

They can broadcast it all they want that they have this attraction. It wouldn't end well for them, but legally they can. Try and find a cake shop that would put that on a cake though and you can bet that they wouldn't end up in court if they refused.

What about the people being intolerant about intolerance, and thus ending up doing the same sort of things they're moaning at other people for doing?

Fallacious argument. Homophobes intolerance seek to remove or deny the civil rights of a protected class.

Forcing a bakery to make a gay cake against their wishes is not discrimination?

No it's not. They don't have the same rights as a private citizen, they opened a shop that serve the public, they CANNOT by LAW discriminate against people.

No. You're wrong. I'll state clearly again...it is legal but socially wrong for someone to have an attraction to kids.

They can broadcast it all they want that they have this attraction. It wouldn't end well for them, but legally they can. Try and find a cake shop that would put that on a cake though and you can bet that they wouldn't end up in court if they refused.

The act of paedophilia is ILLEGAL and NOT PROTECTED under anti discrimination laws, are you dense or just being contrary to cause arguments?

The thing I find interesting about this is that Northern Ireland doesn't recognise same-sex marriage and has no intention of doing so. The bakers actions in not wanting to support it are in line with the governments actions. Effectively the bakers have been found guilty of agreeing with the Northern Ireland Executive which surely creates a legal minefield.

For the record I fully support same-sex marriage and think its a disgrace that NI wants to continue with its backwards ways

It is a ****ing nonsense.

To be fair, there is some intention to allow it - just not by a large part of the Northern Ireland Assembly.

I wonder if the South's upcoming referendum on gay marriage will affect the North's position, should a Yes vote win.

There are no laws to protect people who have an attraction to children from being discriminated against because of their attraction.

/\/\ Can't believe I actually had to type that.

Fallacious argument. Homophobes intolerance seek to remove or deny the civil rights of a protected class.

No it isn't. Not all people who are against gays, or gay marriage want to actually remove the rights of people. Some just dislike it and won't acknowledge that it's "real" marriage. There doesn't have to he a hate component.

Often there is, but that isn't a prerequisite. If I refuse to accept a man can become a woman via surgery, that means I reject "transgenderism", no? But I can refuse to accept that without wanting their rights to be taken way, no?

Additionally, I doubt they are actually fearful of gays.

Back
Top Bottom