Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

What about if i walked in to a bakery and the baker just happened to be gay and I asked him to put a message on their cake for a bible group "west paptists church" (for example) that is known for being against homosexual marriage in the past and he refuses to make the cake. Would you still side with the customer and force the homosexual baker to make a cake for an organisation that was not for gay marriage?

I am guessing people wouldn't side with the customer because they are SJW and SJW are hypocrites. They only want equality for one side and that is their side.
The baker should bake the cake.

Ok so...if a paedophile walked in and expected them to write a message saying banging kids will be great you believe they should have to comply with that?
Remember...fancying kids is legal. Talking about molesting is legal.
So if I go to a Jewish or Muslim butcher who is taking orders for Christmas, and request he orders me a turkey that has been killed by a stun gun, recon he would be dragged through the courts?

These two ^ :rolleyes:

Whose equal rights are affected in either of your examples?

It's like banging your head against a brick wall. A really ****ing stupid brick wall.

The gay bakers would be breaking the law if they refused, religion is protected in discrimination laws as well.

Stop putting words in peoples mouths.

Where did I say that?

He was trying to insinuate that I was just as bad for making assumptions about you than other people where about all gays, I was explaining why I knew you were straight and white....

How do you know he's white and straight?

I am not twisting anything. I simply point out your racist and hetrophobic views.

Racist calling me racist, that's rich.

I just find it funny that it's usually straight, white people who are the ones that would deny me the rights and privileges afforded to them and don't have the empathy to see it from the other side having never really been discriminated against themselves.

There is a term for it, white privilege.

How do you know he's white and straight?

Read his post history, I've participated in many of these kinds of threads relating to race and sexuality that he has, that's how I KNOW he is white and straight.

You're arguing that an equivalent to gays being able to request a gay wedding cake is the right of paedophiles to request a cake singing the praises of having sex with kids?

I can see where he's coming from, but it really is a twisted and broken way of drawing parallels. I think he's doing it to be sensationalist though.

Whatever happened to the days when you didn't like something or the service, go somewhere else? Oh I forgot. It is because they can…

Whose equal rights are affected in either of your examples?

It's like banging your head against a brick wall. A really ****ing stupid brick wall.

Wouldn't the Muslim/ Jewish butcher decline my request on religious grounds.

So I would not be able to celebrate my religious holiday, Christmas, to its fullest, because the butcher refused to order me a stun gunned Turkey after advertising 'Turkey Orders' because it is against his religious beliefs.

Shop owner denies service based on religious beliefs.

Sounds familiar.

Wouldn't the Muslim/ Jewish butcher decline my request on religious grounds.

So I would not be able to celebrate my religious holiday, Christmas, to its fullest, because the butcher refused to order me a stun gunned Turkey after advertising 'Turkey Orders' because it is against his religious beliefs.

Shop owner denies service based on religious beliefs.

Sounds familiar.

In what way are your human rights quashed by his refusal to serve non-halal?

You're arguing that an equivalent to gays being able to request a gay wedding cake is the right of paedophiles to request a cake singing the praises of having sex with kids?

Exactly.

But you can't grasp it.

Paedophilia is utterly disgusting but unfortunately some people are born that way. They can't help it. In many cases they choose not to act on it, thankfully. Ergo they don't hurt anyone.

What we feel about paedophilia these people in question feel about homosexuality. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone But they still don't like it.

We dislike paedophilia because of our social beliefs.

They don't like it because of their religious ones.

What's the difference?

Sexuality is protected

The act of paedophilia is illegal thus not protected under anti discrimination laws.

Exactly.

But you can't grasp it.

Paedophilia is utterly disgusting but unfortunately some people are born that way. They can't help it. In many cases they choose not to act on it, thankfully. Ergo they don't hurt anyone.

What we feel about paedophilia these people in question feel about homosexuality. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone But they still don't like it.

What's the difference?

I find it highly offensive that I am likened to a paedophile. Homosexuals have relationships with consenting adults who understand what is happening. Children are not consenting under the law because they are too young to understand.

Last edited:
Exactly.

But you can't grasp it.

What's the difference?

There's a tiny bit more to it than social beliefs...

Like the safety and well being of children. I know you said that they were ones who don't act on it, but I'm saying that's why society has the issue in the first place.

Exactly.

But you can't grasp it.

What's the difference?

Gay marriage causes harm to no-one
Paedo sex causes harm to the victims

Promoting something on a cake which causes harm to no-one, doesn't really compare with promoting something which causes a great deal of harm and is considered an extremely serious offence under the law.

The Ashers bakery has no markings or advertising to state their business follows a strict Catholic / Christian faith system

If they had a sign that said they don't make gay cakes but the gay guy still requested gay cake, would you then have sided with the bakery?

What about if the baker did try to make it clear that they were christian by naming the bakery after a verse from the bible, but the non-religious gay guy who does not know religious scripture did not realize they were religious and asked them to make a gay cake.

Surely the gay guy should have just apologised to the humble religious couple and said "oh i am sorry to offend you i did not realize you were christian and I will take my request for a gay cake elsewhere"

You got to love the bigots standing up for their right to hate / discriminate but don't understand that ALL members of society are afforded rights not to be discriminated against which are protected by law.

If you want to discriminate do not offer a public service, run a bakery from the back of your kitchen to friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom