Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

What about if i walked in to a bakery and the baker just happened to be gay and I asked him to put a message on their cake for a bible group "west paptists church" (for example) that is known for being against homosexual marriage in the past and he refuses to make the cake. Would you still side with the customer and force the homosexual baker to make a cake for an organisation that was not for gay marriage?

I am guessing people wouldn't side with the customer because they are SJW and SJW are hypocrites. They only want equality for one side and that is their side.

What about if i walked in a bakery and the baker just happened to be muslim but I didnt know this and requested a pig on a birthday cake and he refused, would you side with the customer or defend the bakery?

On what grounds would he be discriminating against you? If you think it falls under the discriminatory practices outlawed by the law in question then yes but othrwise no.

I've read his borderline racist, homophobic posts in the past so it's not a stretch of the imagination to assume that he is straight and white.

Only white people are capable of racism? Only straight people are capable of arguing against gay marriage? What a sickeningly prejudiced thing to say! You need some lessons in equality.

You know nothing about me. I could be a black, wheel-chair bound lesbian for all you know. So rather than trying to make assumptions about my person, why not stick to debating my points? Or ignore them if you prefer.

Now, I need to go oil my wheelchair, I've a hot date with a sister from the hood!

Last edited:
They've already exhibited a shallow attempt at following the tenets of their professed religion by wearing clothes of differing cloth and working on the Sabbath so someone's natural sexuality obviously trumps their so called religious beliefs, and having heard all of the evidence a judge concurred.

Exactly, many of these 'humble christians' :rolleyes: use religion as a convenient excuse for their hatred and bigotry. Luckily it's a dieing breed, the majority of youth have no issues with gay people.

What about if i walked in to a bakery and the baker just happened to be gay and I asked him to put a message on their cake for a bible group "west paptists church" (for example) that is known for being against homosexual marriage in the past and he refuses to make the cake. Would you still side with the customer and force the homosexual baker to make a cake for an organisation that was not for gay marriage?

I am guessing people wouldn't side with the customer because they are SJW and SJW are hypocrites. They only want equality for one side and that is their side.

The gay bakers would be breaking the law if they refused, religion is protected in discrimination laws as well.

Stop putting words in peoples mouths.

Only white people are capable of racism? Only straight people are capable of arguing against gay marriage? What a sickeningly prejudiced thing to say! You need some lessons in equality.

Where did I say that?

He was trying to insinuate that I was just as bad for making assumptions about you than other people where about all gays, I was explaining why I knew you were straight and white....

And that's why you're struggling so hard with the concept.

This isn't some little old lady who makes cakes for friends and is horrified by the idea of homosexual relations.

This is a company - a separate legal entity offering services to the public. One of the "costs", if you see it that way, of doing business in our civilised society is that you are not allowed to discriminate on race, religion, sexual persuasion etc. Society believes in equality.

That doesn't diminish an individual's right to hold discriminatory views, but it does restrict how they can act on those.

Ok so...if a paedophile walked in and expected them to write a message saying banging kids will be great you believe they should have to comply with that?
Remember...fancying kids is legal. Talking about molesting is legal.

No, but claiming you do realise "that refusing to service the gay equivalent of what you would happily do for straights is outright discrimination", whilst then saying that the discrimination is actually in the case of if:
"they refused that service only to the gays. If a straight couple wanted that cake, and they served them, then it would be discrimination."
...is actually not realising it at all.

Refusing a gay version of an acceptable straight cake is discrimination. You seem to disagree.

The point is that if they're telling the truth, they wouldn't want to do a cake with that message on for anyone, which means they aren't actually discriminating against anyone by refusing them service BECAUSE they are gay.

As I said, not agreeing doesn't mean I can't see it, I just don't agree with your stand point.

So if I go to a Jewish or Muslim butcher who is taking orders for Christmas, and request he orders me a turkey that has been killed by a stun gun, recon he would be dragged through the courts?

Gays should go to another bakery if the bakery does not want to put their message on a cake in the same way that any other rational person would go to another bakery if the baker refused to make the cake that they requested. Gays (should be) seen as no more special than any other group but because they are a members of the SJW oppressed group the equality commission gets on the case and it turns in to a whole ordeal.

Indeed, gays should be seen as no more special. Unfortunately, this baker thought there were a special case and refused to bake their damned cake.

Buying a ****ing wedding cake shouldn't be a big deal. But it's another one of the little things gays have to put up with even in our relatively enlightened times.

So If, So if, So if, So if,,

Seriously guys get a grip, you're coming across rather pathetic tbh

I don't think it's acceptable to force people to do something against their beliefs. Whether they religious, sexual or otherwise.

I wouldn't ask a homosexual baker to put a message on a cake quoting scripture that berates homosexuality.

If you ask someone to do something and they don't want to, go elsewhere. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom