Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

It's not just about the cake. Christianity rules the country, they are dictating that I cannot get married to the man I love because they think it somehow devalues their own marriage because THEIR God thinks Homosexuality is a sin.

There are equality rights in the UK that say otherwise. Marriage is also a legal contract, religion has attached that to their own beliefs but as you're agnostic who cares what they say?

I think all the straight couples who get married and then divorced devalues marriage more than any gay couple wanting to get married.

Nothing wrong with that belief at all.

Look at waste of skin celebrities, how many kids by how many different men by how many different marriages has Katie Price had?

Bit off topic for me, wouldn't know how to respond to that haha

IDK, the problem here for me isn't right or wrong, it isn't about homosexuality. It's purely Hypocritical to me...

"You should accept who I am and make me a cake, but I won't accept who you are and let you not make the cake"

I'm not bothered either way if a cake shop does or does not want to make me a cake, as many people have said I would go elsewhere and vote with my wallet. But if I expected to have the right of freedom to have whatever cake made I wanted I would also expect to give the freedom to others to refuse that.

"You should accept who I am and let me sit at the front of the bus, but I won't accept who you are and let you force me to sit at the back and segregate me"

While clearly not on the same level as racism these are the same kind of issues, it's not about the freaking cake it's about the principle of the matter and the LAW.

You might not be bothered if you aren't served because you are not a minority who gets discriminated against at every turn.

Last edited:
IDK, the problem here for me isn't right or wrong, it isn't about homosexuality. It's purely Hypocritical to me...

"You should accept who I am and make me a cake, but I won't accept who you are and let you not make the cake"

I'm not bothered either way if a cake shop does or does not want to make me a cake, as many people have said I would go elsewhere and vote with my wallet. But if I expected to have the right of freedom to have whatever cake made I wanted I would also expect to give the freedom to others to refuse that.

It's not hypocritical.

One side wants the right to be treated equally, the other wants the right to treat others in-equally.

I agree with you.

If we want equal rights in our society, there is absolutely no valid argument against gay marriage. To say that marriage belongs to the church, in 2015, is just fallacy.

Yes, there are opposing views. Do any of the arguments against gay marriage stack up. Not in my opinion.

As such a progressive person, would you be in favour of a gay marriage between two biological brothers?

Give us a logical reason, based in science why that shouldn't be allowed..

There is no logical reason, based in science, why two brothers can't be married. The same there is no logical reason, based in science why a father can not marry his son and so on.

Thank God for "bigot" theists, ISIS don't seem so bad after all.

Petition now setup trying to force Tesco from stocking products from the Ashers bakery.

This is intolerance and hatred from the homosexual activists.

This is getting to be a 'thing' now,
groups disagreeing and then instead of discussing the issue they just try and ruin that person's business.

They did the same by being offended over Dolce & Gabbana's comments about gay adoption, with Elton John having a hissy fit and boycotting their products.

I don't care what someone's opinion is, they have a right to believe whatever they want.

Petition now setup trying to force Tesco from stocking products from the Ashers bakery.

This is intolerance and hatred from the homosexual activists.

Is intolerance of intolerance actually itself intolerance? It's a philosophical discussion.

In any case, the petition feels to be more based on vindictiveness than reasonable concern.

The courts made their ruling, there's a line in the sand, and people can make a choice as to whether to buy Ashers products.

Back
Top Bottom