Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

It's not about a ******* cake, it's about the principle of denying service to someone because they are gay. A) It's illegal and B) It's immoral.

He could have bought any cake in the shop window, he wasn't denied. If you were a cake maker and a nazi asked for a cake with a swaztika, would you feel fine doing that or use one of your swears at him?

But not renting houses? How do you split the business sectors that can and can't discriminate?

All joking aside, I think you make some fair points, though I can't say I care that much about the issue. I think it's a bit of a farce, ultimately a storm in a teacup. Even if they were 'made' to produce the cake, it wouldn't be done with any love, so pointless. :)

As it happens, I'm off out now for coffee and cake. See you all in Berlin.

scxb1w.jpg

Last edited:
4gzJeNB.jpg

Could a Jewish bakery be compelled by someone who asked their bakery in Golders Green to bake this?

The Swastika isn't illegal in this country. If the person making the request was a homosexual then according to the logic of some the Jewish bakery would be discriminating against them based on their sexuality.

Just takes one change of government until you are in the same shoes as the baker, in court for not doing something against your views. ;)

If I had a problem with dealing with a certain section of the public I wouldn't open a business.

At the end of the day they broke the law and were punished accordingly.

4gzJeNB.jpg

Could a Jewish bakery be compelled by someone who asked their bakery in Golders Green to bake this?

The Swastika isn't illegal in this country. If the person making the request was a homosexual then according to the logic of some the Jewish bakery would be discriminating against them based on their sexuality.

You can spot the trolls who like to be contrary a mile off....

No they couldn't be compelled, nazi symbolism is associated with racism, race is protected under Equality Act.

Back
Top Bottom