Baldur's Gate 3

Just about to start this in Co-Op with my two sons. Looking forward to it, despite one of them saying 'It doesn't seem like my thing'. We'll see!
If they can endure and last the first hour or so it gets better as you understand the mechanics of it. Turn based fighting in particular can be quite difficult to get.

Also not being able to ever look in the up direction sure is frustrating

Caporegime
If they can endure and last the first hour or so it gets better as you understand the mechanics of it. Turn based fighting in particular can be quite difficult to get.

Also not being able to ever look in the up direction sure is frustrating

yea the camera is terrible and you can enter combat without even seeing them on the screen...

There's a button you can hold that shows enemy vision which I guess works around that. it's still annoying.

I end up having to press the HOME key every few minutes to recentre the camera on my character as well, having to manually move the camera around to explore rather than using your character just seems completely alien to me.

Soldato
I would agree with that, it’s open, yet not really because there is more or less a level restriction to most areas, but there’s no way of knowing what it is.
Hmm, not sure about this. Maybe early on, but you can still easily progress by spamming the many consumables the game gives you. Second half of the game I just felt totally over-levelled for everything.

I think something that would improve the game is the ability to change who the heck is speaking in a conversation. Too many times I'm controlling say astarion because I am unlocking a door, and then run in the room, for a cut scene to happen and I'm forced to use him, where as I want me main guy for his skills.

Associate
I'd agree with that. So many times I'm forced to do a conversational roll, and would be better served with another character. It's exactly what you'd decide in a paper D&D game "Who should negotiate XYZ"

I've kind of come to terms with the camera. I wonder if it's that way because they haven't added any game assets above eye level....

Are there any camera mods anyone's aware of?

Soldato
I think something that would improve the game is the ability to change who the heck is speaking in a conversation. Too many times I'm controlling say astarion because I am unlocking a door, and then run in the room, for a cut scene to happen and I'm forced to use him, where as I want me main guy for his skills.

Playing Rogue Trader atm and skill checks etc are automatically done with the character who has the highest stat in it, makes much more sense.

Soldato
Added that game to my massive backlog, still need to play the second pathfinder game. Is rogue trader any good?

I prefer it because I like the 40K universe, it has a LOT more reading though which I am very grateful isn't all voice acted or I'd end up skipping most of it as I read faster (plus voices can really put me off character like Astarion, Shadowheart, Gale).
I gather it has a lot of bugs in later acts but patches are dropping thick and fast.

Soldato
I prefer it because I like the 40K universe, it has a LOT more reading though which I am very grateful isn't all voice acted or I'd end up skipping most of it as I read faster (plus voices can really put me off character like Astarion, Shadowheart, Gale).
I gather it has a lot of bugs in later acts but patches are dropping thick and fast.
Figured about the bugs but by the time I get to it they will be ironed out along with some doc to go with it.

Associate
I'm not into these style of games but tried it due to the hype and was hooked. It is an amazing game.

I did burn out in Act 3 though and never completed it.

Soldato
Finally got round to finishing BG3 last night. What a ride. I initially lost interest at act 3, but fortunately got myself back in it over the xmas break. Feel like i really got the ending to it i wanted too, feel like every one of my characters had the best outcome they could have had.

I had to save scum on one bit in Act 3 though:
I initially killed Minsc in the gold retrieval quest, but i couldn't continue with that path after id seen a sad little boo sitting next to his corpse lol

Back
Top Bottom