Baldur's Gate 3

Think I'll go tactian on my next playthrough, kinda breezed normal mode so far, currently in act 3 and the game isn't very challenging kinda don't need to put too much thinking in combat. Love the story and everything else about it so far.
Are you finding it easy because you have played the others in the series and your used to this type of rpg? ive been thinking of picking this up for ages now but dont like too much of a challenge in my old age lol i play most games on easy these days hahaha

Are you finding it easy because you have played the others in the series and your used to this type of rpg? ive been thinking of picking this up for ages now but dont like too much of a challenge in my old age lol i play most games on easy these days hahaha
I've played a fair amount of RPGs before but I think this has been one of the easiest. It's definitely more accessible for people new to RPGs as Larian stated during development.
Im not a brilliant player but I do understand how to build my party thanks to my experience in these type of games. It does help you in the character creater on what to spend your points on.

Went down a well, heard spidery sounds. Figured I'd better be careful when Gale declares "We've woken something", so I start creeping around. Meanwhile ShadowHeart decides to pathfind via the other side of the map, triggering a huge boss fight on her own. I send the rest of the party to help, causing everyone to get spanked. We leg it, just making it back above ground with a few HP. So much fun, I love this game!

Last edited:
A massive patch just came out in the last hour
28GB

Last edited:
A massive patch just came out in the last hour
28GB
They've also said it requires 130GB to install the patch, so if you're low on space uninstall first :D

Patch 5 is launching soon! This update will clock in at roughly 30GB and will require approximately 130GB of free space to install. If you find yourself without the space to install the update, we recommend uninstalling BG3 and then re-downloading the patched version.

Last edited:
Seems the most important part of the update went a little under the radar. They have added jiggle physics to the little guys little guys. Lots of jiggle physics.

Think I'll go tactian on my next playthrough, kinda breezed normal mode so far, currently in act 3 and the game isn't very challenging kinda don't need to put too much thinking in combat. Love the story and everything else about it so far.
I found normal difficulty (balanced) to be just the right amount of a challenge (and in some cases a bit too hard), but perhaps I'm not very good; I think I'd struggle on tactician. I played a Storm Sorceror and Tempest Cleric multiclass (which is supposed to be quite strong).

Last edited:
Would this fill the void left by Witcher 3? Do I need to play any of the previous games to understand the story or can it be played regardless (like witcher 3 to an extent)?
Zero need to have played the previous 2. Don't worry about that at all.

The main question is do you like turn based tactical games that require a fair amount of time investment on learning the mechanics? Some people just aren't into that. On the plus side you might be able to carry over that knowledge into other DND games. Though at the moment that's just Solasta on DND5.

Edit: If you already know DND5, go straight to Tactical difficulty imo.

Last edited:
Would this fill the void left by Witcher 3? Do I need to play any of the previous games to understand the story or can it be played regardless (like witcher 3 to an extent)?
I loved TW3 and BG3 feels both very different and at the same time very familiar.

Obviously BG3 is turn-based combat, but I don't feel that slows the game- there are less fights overall, but if you really don't like turn-based then I wouldn't bother. For me the biggest difference is in TW3 the quests have a level rating, so your progression is mapped out for you- to progress, you do stuff relevant to your level, and tackle the story arc quests when you're powerful enough. In BG3 you try something, get into a fight, fail badly, learn, reload, then often have a totally different outcome by trying different tactics, positioning companions better, swapping spells, using the environment, getting different die rolls etc. It's rare that the game throws something at you that you feel you're totally unprepared for, at least within the current Act. I really like that.

Thanks @CliffyG @Trickle @CGrieves. I have played some turn-based games so not completely unfamiliar to them. With the witcher, I really loved the depth of the quests and the effort in terms of the details of those unlike other games where those are fairly repetitive and also the interactions between characters (which didnt feel empty like some of the other games).

Thanks @CliffyG @Trickle @CGrieves. I have played some turn-based games so not completely unfamiliar to them. With the witcher, I really loved the depth of the quests and the effort in terms of the details of those unlike other games where those are fairly repetitive and also the interactions between characters (which didnt feel empty like some of the other games).
On that basis i don't think you'll be disappointed with BG3.

Back
Top Bottom