Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
Is this game in a complete state now?

I have held off playing it since release because it was my most anticipated game in a while and I wanted to play it when it was in a more mature state.

As Christmas is here though I got two weeks off work to play it.

Last edited:
Associate

I have held off playing it since release because it was my most anticipated game in a while and I wanted to play it when it was in a more mature state.

I've been playing since it released and haven't encountered any issues so far (aside from it being a bit of system hog). I've started 3 or 4 playthroughs and each one has been a very different experience - your route through the storyline branches so much there might still be bugs in some of them but I've not encountered any bugs so far. It's well worth your time.

Soldato

Yes, it's in a much better state than at launch. Not that it was unplayable at launch, but there were some performance issues (especially in Act 3), a lot of bugs (although no true showstoppers) and a weak / rushed ending without an epilogue. This has all been addressed now with a number of major and minor patches. I'm sure they'll patch lots more in the months ahead, but I think most of the major 'maturing' has now taken place.

I'm hoping someone here can help me understand something we've just done in Bg3 without giving too many spoilers. I tried to Google, but start to see additional information that I don't want to see yet so closed the page.

It's to do with something that happens what I assume is towards the end of act 2 and involves shadowheart. Hoping someone who has completed the game might know or at least feel comfortable to Google what the situation is.

So this is about the choice for shadowheart to either kill nightsong or not. I tried the first conversation option to say this is wrong etc, and then was given 3 options.

Go ahead kill night song.
Or
I disagree but don't want to lose you so kill night song
Or
Attack

I figured attack would result in a half battle and once shadowheart is reduced to a certain amount, perhaps more dialogue would start and then she would be stopped, or at least we could knock her out, especially as this was the only option I could see that would mean nigjtsong could live.

We did knock out shadowheart, and she was now removed from my party option. I couldn't bring her back to awake.

In the end we left her, and now it appears she's completely gone. What I want to know is, is this the end of shadowheart? Party because I now need to respec my character to do the role she did as best I can, but also, because I miss her from our team. Was my favourite to control.

Thanks

Associate
Enjoy, you think you'll like the turn based combat ? i grew up with the original 2 games which are real time and you can pause before combat situations which i prefer, but the quality of animations, cut scenes, story, rich world and characters, voice acting is fantastic.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Enjoy, you think you'll like the turn based combat ? i grew up with the original 2 games which are real time and you can pause before combat situations which i prefer, but the quality of animations, cut scenes, story, rich world and characters, voice acting is fantastic.

Yeah. I don't mind that. Just hope the rest of it is good as I did not enjoy the developers previous game.

Soldato
I'm hoping someone here can help me understand something we've just done in Bg3 without giving too many spoilers. I tried to Google, but start to see additional information that I don't want to see yet so closed the page.

It's to do with something that happens what I assume is towards the end of act 2 and involves shadowheart. Hoping someone who has completed the game might know or at least feel comfortable to Google what the situation is.

So this is about the choice for shadowheart to either kill nightsong or not. I tried the first conversation option to say this is wrong etc, and then was given 3 options.

Go ahead kill night song.
Or
I disagree but don't want to lose you so kill night song
Or
Attack

I figured attack would result in a half battle and once shadowheart is reduced to a certain amount, perhaps more dialogue would start and then she would be stopped, or at least we could knock her out, especially as this was the only option I could see that would mean nigjtsong could live.

We did knock out shadowheart, and she was now removed from my party option. I couldn't bring her back to awake.

In the end we left her, and now it appears she's completely gone. What I want to know is, is this the end of shadowheart? Party because I now need to respec my character to do the role she did as best I can, but also, because I miss her from our team. Was my favourite to control.

Thanks

If she leaves shes gone forever. There's specific convo choices to pick and basically the first convo choice is bait where picking what looks right funnels you into the scenario you found.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah. I don't mind that. Just hope the rest of it is good as I did not enjoy the developers previous game.
the previous games are too much hard work imo...

BG3 is pretty good but the intro to it is quite a boring 15minutes, once you get off the the intro it gets pretty good though.

act 1 was great, act 2 is pretty boring honestly, act 3 is kinda okay but so open that you have no idea where your supposed to go in what orrder to stand a chance in combat, and then exploring to gain levels you can completely ruin the outcome and choices for some of the active quests.....

Half the choices in the games seem like "fake choices" as well where you don't really get anything but the illusion of choice.

the game doesn;t tell you that your not supposed to go either which is quite annoying.. you will see your quests descriptions and cwhat your supposed to do change to the exact opposite because you did something you had no possible knowledge of it being connected to said quest,.,,,

The game expects you to know things you don;t unless it's already your second play through.

MY sons finished it 3-4x already I'm still on act 3 and can;t really be bothered to figure out what order I need to do things.

leveling is kinda artificial theresa only so much exp in each zone and some things in a zone will be way too powerful.... becomes a chore of doing things in the correct order as determined by the devs to make sure you aren;t under level

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom