Baldur's Gate 3

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was thinking. I already have like 12K or maybe more coin. Does it ever come in handy? So far only spent it maybe twice on expensive stuff.

All I tend to keep buying is healing potions and storing them. Got loads of them too now.

Associate
There are some ultra expensive items that can come in useful, particularly spell scrolls and some weapons and armour with interesting functions that might suit specific character builds, but it's entirely down to your playstyle.

Potions are always useful. I tended to use the lower-tier ones to top up between fights when I was in a non-campable area or had run out of short rests, saving the more potent ones for mid-combat.

Soldato
I completed the game and I think I went in one store to buy something in act 1, everything else I just found, a lot of my equipment was from chest or killing enemies. I probably missed so good stuff but the still finished the game no problem. Did play on classic so maybe if I went on the hardest difficulty then I may need it then.

Soldato
I was thinking. I already have like 12K or maybe more coin. Does it ever come in handy? So far only spent it maybe twice on expensive stuff.

All I tend to keep buying is healing potions and storing them. Got loads of them too now.
There's some choice items but as @CGrieves said it's going to be very build/playstyle dependent. A lot of very strange combos you can put together too but that'll take a lot more careful reading/studying mechanics. Or just watch a youtube video :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Pro tip: Hold onto Misty Step, Dimension Door and Globe of Invulnerability - all great things to have available.

Bonus tip: You can send scrolls to other characters mid fight for free which might get them out of a sticky spot!

Associate
Yeah Globe of Invulnerability + Cloudkill + Heroes' Feast (to give the party cloudkill immunity) with a bit of spirit guardians thrown in can be a lot of fun. If any enemies make it inside the globe, just have your tank shove them outside again. I did this to thin out a few mob battles.

Darkness can also be useful for protecting NPC allies, at least early to mid game.

Soldato

No not really. You will either find or steal all your best items.

There is a nice amour breast plate you can buy in act three but I stole it instead. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Managed to get in a little less than an hour yesterday. Had a fight in the Last Light Inn which was a piece of cake as I think at level 7 I am maybe a bit over leveled here. Already halfway to level 8 too.

I wonder how long it will take me to complete this act. I think it took me not far off 40 hours to do Act 1 but I think I did most of it.

A lot of the time was wasted getting used to game mechanics though. Now I know what's what I think I can progress much faster. Hopefully get a lot of progress done over the weekend.

Where abouts are you now @Noxia ?

I plan on exploring as much of the map as I can first before heading to moonrise towers. Actually as I type that, I wonder if I went there first I can get the darkness removed to make traversing easier?

Last edited:
Associate
You're right, you can go to Moonrise whenever, but I mean you don't get to experience the Shadow Cursed Lands without the shadow in a playable way- you get a cutscene when you move to Act 3, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom