Baldur's Gate 3

So how is this compared to first release story wise, much changed? I know there are new evil endings etc but how about it from a pure good perspective? Would I just be going over the same stuff as before but with the game being slightly more refined?

I still haven't finished this. According to Steam I last played it in Sept 2023 with 338 Hours playtime, but I guess a lot has changed since then :D
Same, haven't touch the game for over a year. Parked it in Act 3 due to bugs/lack of polish. Tempted to give it a go again and start afresh. I don't think there's meant to be a lot of new content with the various patches - some new endings but otherwise mostly bug fixing and smoothing out the gameplay in Acts 2 & 3 in particular.

Well I’ve gone straight for the brain. Not quite finished it, but surprised that when it comes to the end the choices are quite limited.

It definitely gets easier as the game goes on and you level up, I don’t even bother with a healer anymore, full on attack mode.

Just started a new run - never did finish my original playthrough from last year. Figured with all the patching and time away from the game a fresh start would be best. See you all in 3 months :D

Last edited:
Ready to give this a shot. Ive seen a lot of mods for it. Is the vanilla version just fine for someone on there first playthrough? or is there something people would recommend as a must before starting.
I'm still on my first play through! Me and a friend started it back in January and have been playing in pure coop the entire time (a few hours each Tuesday ever since). We're around 75 hours in and I'd guess about half way through Act 2 though it's always hard to know with this game lol doesn't take much to stumble on an entire new area and sub-plot that suddenly distracts you for many hours! While I haven't had any experience with any mods (we're playing on Xbox), me and my friend are having an absolute blast with vanilla. The recent patch 7 has added some nice quality of life stuff I appreciate but overall, the game's still largely playing as it always did

I'm still on my first play through! Me and a friend started it back in January and have been playing in pure coop the entire time (a few hours each Tuesday ever since). We're around 75 hours in and I'd guess about half way through Act 2 though it's always hard to know with this game lol doesn't take much to stumble on an entire new area and sub-plot that suddenly distracts you for many hours! While I haven't had any experience with any mods (we're playing on Xbox), me and my friend are having an absolute blast with vanilla. The recent patch 7 has added some nice quality of life stuff I appreciate but overall, the game's still largely playing as it always did
That's great thanks, ill stick with vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom