Baldur's Gate 3

Associate
People are still colating things but here's a couple links to imgr albums for dye colours.

There is a reddit thread that one of the posts has a load of info on where you can get dyes from act1 in but it's clearly spoilers so beware.

"40 unique dyes total plus 1 for the dye remover. Some of the names in game dont closely match the names of the internal files which explains the issues with the colors not seeming to match the label. For example "yellow" in game is labeled BlueYellow and LightBlue and Gold is labeled BlueYellow_02."

Soldato
Hm the party size seems small now I have so many characters too choose from, really struggling with my choice.

I thought the same but eventually stopped using Gale and some other pure spell casters altogether. No matter how I place these weaker caster types or buff them with armour/spells etc, they end up dead in one or two rounds.

Last edited:
Associate
Astarion is still my big problem trying to get approval with him. I've decided he simply doesn't like me :D

I have been sticking to the same party though instead of switching. Are people changing companions regularly?

Soldato
Astarion is still my big problem trying to get approval with him. I've decided he simply doesn't like me :D

I have been sticking to the same party though instead of switching. Are people changing companions regularly?
Naa. I don't like switching around all the time. I wish I could switch Astarion out for someone else but I need someone to pick the locks and disarm the traps. But as soon as I get the opportunity he is gone :p. After that Gale will be next in line. God I'm really enjoying this game.

Caporegime
Anyone know if this is a bug in the Emerald Grove

What seems like a few hours of gameplay ago, I found the Tiefling hideout and ignored the girls threat to leave and her 10 second countdown (Mol).

Now a guard stops me and I can either use Deception or Rogue threat. I won the dice roll and it said I was more believable than the child, but then all the nearby NPC's who were previously friendly started attacking me. What's going on?

Man of Honour
Anyone know if this is a bug in the Emerald Grove

What seems like a few hours of gameplay ago, I found the Tiefling hideout and ignored the girls threat to leave and her 10 second countdown (Mol).

Now a guard stops me and I can either use Deception or Rogue threat. I won the dice roll and it said I was more believable than the child, but then all the nearby NPC's who were previously friendly started attacking me. What's going on?
Sounds like thats not right, so yeah maybe. Couldnt tell you for sure because I killed them all anyway before then :)

Associate

Ive ditched lae'zel for Karlach. I dont use Gale as i'm a sorcerer anyway. I keep shadowheart around although she is useless beyond heals / buffs. She couldnt hit her arse with both hands! And im keeping Astarion. Started off hating him but i think i will concentrae on his story line, and he's awesome at cracking locks, which you just need in any rpg.

Already thinking of my next playthrough. Will be going Monk and i really want a bard in the group. So it will probably be Monk, Bard, Karlach and Astarion

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ive ditched lae'zel for Karlach. I dont use Gale as i'm a sorcerer anyway. I keep shadowheart around although she is useless beyond heals / buffs. She couldnt hit her arse with both hands! And im keeping Astarion. Started off hating him but i think i will concentrae on his story line, and he's awesome at cracking locks, which you just need in any rpg.

Already thinking of my next playthrough. Will be going Monk and i really want a bard in the group. So it will probably be Monk, Bard, Karlach and Astarion

Respec her into a dark cleric! ( She'll be way more powerful too while still being a cleric, but more evil spells to use :p )
As for Astarion, I've heard he can be respecced into an Assassin/Rogue.

I turned my main character into a Heavy Sword using Warlock from a Paladin :)

Associate
I'm torn a little on respeccing them for the first playthrough, keeping it true to how they were created etc. Expect I'll switch Shadowheart at least though into a different subclass. I'm still happy with my Ancients Paladin, gives me a good chunk of healing an utility. Lose a chunk of potential damage from the other specs though.

A good interview with Astarion's VA which is mainly spoiler free but it's also timestamped with good headers.

Associate
Respec her into a dark cleric! ( She'll be way more powerful too while still being a cleric, but more evil spells to use :p )
As for Astarion, I've heard he can be respecced into an Assassin/Rogue.

I turned my main character into a Heavy Sword using Warlock from a Paladin :)

I respecced into a melee warlock but I still use Eldritch Blast a lot. It's such a satisfying animation and sound effect!

Caporegime
I am playing a stealthy Rogue thief, so having Astarion along just seems like a bit of a similar skill set.

I dumped him off to camp and at the moment I have the Wyll, Shadowheart and Gale

Associate
Just started my first playthorugh as a custom sorc. Seems quite similar to DOS2, killing everyone on the ship and landing on a beach at level 2, nice. So many options and strats to decide before starting combat, its refreshing. Still need to get my hear around a few things but it's been great so far.

Spent ages on the CC screen, had to close it a few times as the wife was around, couldn't let her see me staring at some hot looking tielfling while deciding what makeup and hair style she has.

Back
Top Bottom