Bambu X1

Associate
No it was Dpd, they only picked the machine up yesterday from the warehouse, I ordered the machine last Tuesday and apparently they don't pick up every day :(

I was a bit concerned that what I had ordered was not in stock at the UK warehouse.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent. It really is. Yes it has its issues, the current issue regarding thermal runaway and the 3 minute timer till it cuts off the power, but Bambu Lab seem to be going to change that, but I have no regrets buying it.

One thing I do recommend if using any print surface/material that needs glue, is to use 3DLac spray instead. It’s so much easier, to me, for applying and clean up.

Associate
I have just used the gluestick that came with the machine & used a solution of car screen wash to clean it up ( used to use it on my glass beds on my other printers) I have got some Magigoo but never used it.

Looks like I will order the double sided pei sheet from Bambu no need for glue then, but thanks for the heads up on the 3dlac.

Cheers all

Don
OP
I love the AMS. It's a sod un unjam though if you ever get a jam inside it.
For me, I don't care about multi-colour prints. It's all about having 4 materials ready to go for whatever I need to print. My AMS is loaded with PLA, PETG, ABS, and ASA.

Soldato
Exactly, the convenience of 4 spools ready to go is great. I still want to get a second one this year so I can have 8 ready to go. I can imagine having 1 AMS for PLA, 1 for PETG, 1 for ABS/ASA and 1 for I don't know. I won't ever get 4 but I like the idea of it.

Soldato
I bought a second AMS, ordered Sunday and arrived Tuesday at 0845. Wasn't expecting it that quick as I'm still in the process of printing a 2 tier stand for it. Should have it up and running Thursday evening after work.

Soldato
Really tempted to pull the trigger on one of these minis the AMS. I’ve had an Enderby 3 max and it’s been lovely modding it but I just want something that’s up to date tech wise and just works off the bat.

Associate
I am using a Loctite Super Lube oiler pen from Amazon here in the UK, very economical you only need a few drops on each of the lead screws.

Cheers All

Soldato
I’ve decided it’s about time I bought a 3D printer. Long term I’m going to want to be able to print in some of the stiffer more thermally stable carbon based filaments (although I’m happy to play around with PLA etc for a while until I get a handle on the basics) so I’m pretty much settled on jumping straight into the X1C. Apart from the printer itself and some filament, what else should I be looking at buying initially to get up and running? I’m kind of thinking of any essential consumables, accessories or spares etc.

Soldato
I’ve decided it’s about time I bought a 3D printer. Long term I’m going to want to be able to print in some of the stiffer more thermally stable carbon based filaments (although I’m happy to play around with PLA etc for a while until I get a handle on the basics) so I’m pretty much settled on jumping straight into the X1C. Apart from the printer itself and some filament, what else should I be looking at buying initially to get up and running? I’m kind of thinking of any essential consumables, accessories or spares etc.

Unless Bambu lab has changed what they send out with the X1C you do get some good basic spares with it, such as blades for the filament cutter and 2 or 3 of the nozzle wiper thingamabobs.

Some filaments are recommended to be printed with a 0.6mm nozzle to help reduce the risk of clogging. The spares and accessories Bambu Lab so, considering most are proprietary they're not stupidly expensive.

If you haven't already, look at the build plates for sale on their website as they give you a good breakdown of what can be printed on each plate and if they should be done with a glue stick or not. I prefer to use 3DLac spray over a glue stick but most of my printing is ABS currently on the textured sheet or a Chinese generic high temp plate I bought from AliEpress and I don't need any release/adhesive agent for that..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom