BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

I've got a EVGA 8800GTsc ( Crysis edition ) and it can max out almost every game I throw at it . Both the card and monitor are insane. Buy it , you won't be disappointed .

I bought UT3 today and at 1920x1200 with EVERYTHING maxed out it looks incredible!

Last edited:
Hey guys, just got a question, how well does this scale back to 1680x1050? Does it matter if it cant do 1:1 mapping anyway?

I really like the look of them, but im worried my 8800 640mb wont cut it so if i scales back to 1680x1050 ok then its alright :)

For anyone wanting to hook it up to the PS3, it appears that the DVI port on the monitor is not HDCP compliant. I've tried HDMI to DVI converter and got only a blank screen. Reading around a few internet forums it seems the PS3 HDMI output requires an HDCP compliant display. Bit of a bugger!!

The options I found are:
1.) Get a PS3 component cable and then one of these
for £50.
2.) Get an HDFury HDMI to VGA for £75.
3.) Get the PS3-S201 HDMI to DVI for £99 + VAT!!!!

I got the first one as it's the cheapest and i couldn't bring myself to shell out £100 on a tiny adapter just cuz sony ripped me off with DRM ****!!!

Last edited:
downto 261 delivered.

Thinking of ordering but the news about curent samsung plates is making me um and r.

How often is this monitor on offer? I know its a weird question to ask only it would have been nice to be able to pick it up on the way down to uni but nevermind!

sorry not really with it this morning.

Yeaaa, samsung panel, - it has one?

I think I'm wrong so ignore that comment. Yea, i'm just trying to justify buying one.

Thanks

For anyone wanting to hook it up to the PS3, it appears that the DVI port on the monitor is not HDCP compliant. I've tried HDMI to DVI converter and got only a blank screen. Reading around a few internet forums it seems the PS3 HDMI output requires an HDCP compliant display. Bit of a bugger!!

The options I found are:
1.) Get a PS3 component cable and then one of these
for £50.
2.) Get an HDFury HDMI to VGA for £75.
3.) Get the PS3-S201 HDMI to DVI for £99 + VAT!!!!

I got the first one as it's the cheapest and i couldn't bring myself to shell out £100 on a tiny adapter just cuz sony ripped me off with DRM ****!!!
Thats a bummer, my lads 360 looks great on this monitor with a £15 cable.:D

Hey guys, just got a question, how well does this scale back to 1680x1050? Does it matter if it cant do 1:1 mapping anyway?

I really like the look of them, but im worried my 8800 640mb wont cut it so if i scales back to 1680x1050 ok then its alright :)

It scales great. I booted up Crysis and was playing for 5 mins then remembered that I wasn't at 1920x1200. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I LOVE OVERCLOCKERS!

btw I have a OcUK 24" monitor with a black line. Rang up and the guy told him what was wrong, asked if i wanted a refund or replacement (I asked for a replacement :p) and said "ok we'll send a courior for you tommrow".

End Of.

All sorted...Sometimes OcUK are abit more expensive with some products, but the customer service it just incredible and worth the extra.

Does anyone know if he will be just collecting my old one or will he have another one with him and do a straight swap?

Had mine a week now, no dead pixels, minor backlight bleed top left hand corner (getting better) and in any case only ever visible for some strange reason on the XP login screen

Very happy so far, esp for £229, just need to register on DGM website now

Now xmas out of the way it's the brand new build now and partner it with a GTX

Here are some more pic of mine just so

Some Google action...

SS100031a.jpg

Some Pistons Vs Nets action, with VC on the screen...

SS100055a.jpg

@ spawny - Ive got a HDFury Gamer Edition coming... well its some where in the world, hopefully get it next week some time.

Hi there very pleased with this monitor but any chance of anyone having the ps3 through the monitor hoped it would work but heres to hoping. Any chance someone could let us no how or if it can be connected up at all :)

Back
Top Bottom