BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Iam sure there is.

How do you do that, right click file open with? then tick the box to use the same program to open the files?

right click on a file type (say .mp3).
properties
opens with...
(change)
then select the mpc.exe file.
do this for all the file types and you are guaranteed to get files to automatically open using mpc.

Dont forget ffdshow filter though. Thats the fun part that allows you to change virtually every picture property, including "upscaling", which is a big buzz word these days. ;)

Just an update on my now working PS3 connection. I got a 1080p Component to VGA Converter for £40, then £10 for a component AV cable. PS3 games look good, however it really gets upset when i set the PS3 display to 1080p, the screen breaks up and is massively jittery. Setting to 720p fixes the problem. Also I guess the signal must be degrading a little as the text in internet pages for example, is slightly blured. Certainly nothing like as crisp as when I had it connected to a friends HD ready TV using HDMI.

Glad to get it working, but it's a touch annoying knowing I'm not getting quite what i'd set out to have. Just have to wait for someone to hack the PS3s HDCP output. Hopefully then be able to switch to the DVI port and get a crisp image at 1080p.

Is it normal for the bios screens for motherboards to be "stretched" on this LCD, it's still 95% viewable but some text is outside the viewable area of the screen, even the post text

Screen adjustment has no effect, and besides when I'm in XP everything is spot on then

Curious........
Ta

Well my second one has turned up and there is a slight problem, its the wrong size, which would be fine if id ordered and paid for a 20" but not the other way round.
Im not a happy bunny :mad:

Well its being picked up tomorrow, i was so busy checking the box for damage that by the time i realised it was a lot smaller than the box my other one turned up in the man from City-Link and his truck had long gone.
Still not happy but at least the man on the other end of the phone was both very polite and very helpfull.
Still not happy though:(

Already made a thread about this, but cant halm to see if anyone else can help...

Well this is SECOND! 24" monitor from OcUK that came today. Plugged it in powered up the PC and nothing displayed on the screen.

It flicks on for a second but then just goes back to a black screen. The power light is contantly and in the Nvidia Control Panel it detects the montior but when I select 'USE THIS MONITOR' it flickers and then is still black...

Ive tried the VGA and DVI outlet, still nothing.

Its wired, when I change the resolution in VDC its flashes the desktop on, then goes again...

When I set it to single display (just my 19" monitor) the light starts flashing...

Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

Ive rang OcUK and they've said they will send another courior to pick to up tommorow. *sigh*

Just received a replacement today and just want to check one thing.

When looking at the monitor from an an angle, even a few inches to either side, there are brightness changes. Is it supposed to look brighter than looking head on?

Just maybe thinking that it's a TN panel.

Last edited:
Already made a thread about this, but cant halm to see if anyone else can help...

Well this is SECOND! 24" monitor from OcUK that came today. Plugged it in powered up the PC and nothing displayed on the screen.

It flicks on for a second but then just goes back to a black screen. The power light is contantly and in the Nvidia Control Panel it detects the montior but when I select 'USE THIS MONITOR' it flickers and then is still black...

Ive tried the VGA and DVI outlet, still nothing.

Its wired, when I change the resolution in VDC its flashes the desktop on, then goes again...

When I set it to single display (just my 19" monitor) the light starts flashing...

Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

Ive rang OcUK and they've said they will send another courior to pick to up tommorow. *sigh*

Have you tried reducing the refresh rate?

Have you tried reducing the refresh rate?

Yep, also tried using a differant PC.

But as I said before, my first monitor was detected and worked instantly. Just had to send it back because of the black line...

Ive already packed it up and its ready for tommrow...

Nevermind ey? These things happen...

EDIT: Please can someone tell me where the audio in is located *-)

Ta

LOL.

When I first got this, I was using the monitor speakers to listen to music. However, a few weeks ago I switched to an amp and speakers. I've just checked and cannot locate the audio input to the monitor. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom