BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

If you downloaded a 1080p file and you own the monitor talked about in this thread, then it shouldnt be pixelated at all. It should be nigh on perfect.

Myself, I use Media Player Classic, together with ffdshow filter (though for 1080p material, even bog standard windows media player should be fine as little tweaking is required to view 1080p material at its best).

Yer downloaded 1080p amazon, yup iam running the OC 24'' panel I was sitting quite close tho

Will give WMP classic ago

When you install QTLITE there is an option to install ActiveX and browser plugins, make sure any browser windows are closed and continue install. Reboot too to make sure the plugins implement correctly.

If all is well it should show exactly the same way as it does in my video above. If not I'm assuming the extra security in Vista64 is stopping it from being installed correctly perhaps.

I use quicktime alternative to play the .mov files. I cant say Ive had any problems. I presume QT Lite is more efficient and uses less CPU cycles?

QTAlt was discontinued long ago and QTLite took its place :)

Both use CoreAVC components which is capable of running full speed HD videos without taxing the cpu much at all.

When you install QTLITE there is an option to install ActiveX and browser plugins, make sure any browser windows are closed and continue install. Reboot too to make sure the plugins implement correctly.

If all is well it should show exactly the same way as it does in my video above. If not I'm assuming the extra security in Vista64 is stopping it from being installed correctly perhaps.

It did ask me too close FF, was about to close the browser then QTlite carried on installing!

Guess I will un-install, then re-install.

Thanks for all the help, espically Mrk not up too speed on this as much as you lot! :p

Hmmm, I would post a vid but dont think that would show it.

What software you using?

Im using Media Player Classic. However, on 1080p material (which doesnt require any additional image processing), you can even use windows media player. The amazon 1080p material is nigh on perfect.

EDIT: media player classic has a facility to zoom in as far as you want. I zoomed in quite deep and still I could see a very good image. As you zoom in, it gets a little blurry, however, the image still isnt bad.

Last edited:
Im using Media Player Classic. However, on 1080p material (which doesnt require any additional image processing), you can even use windows media player. The amazon 1080p material is nigh on perfect.

EDIT: media player classic has a facility to zoom in as far as you want. I zoomed in quite deep and still I could see a very good image. As you zoom in, it gets a little blurry, however, the image still isnt bad.

Have you got an installer for classic WMP? The only one I can find are .exe files so you have to find the zip file each time and open the program from there, rather then having it installed on the pc.

Have you got an installer for classic WMP? The only one I can find are .exe files so you have to find the zip file each time and open the program from there, rather then having it installed on the pc.

I dont think there is an installer. I have changed the properties of my files so that every media file I double click on will automatically open up MPC and start playing. This includes quicktime (.mov) and Real media (.rm) files.

I dont think there is an installer. I have changed the properties of my files so that every media file I double click on will automatically open up MPC and start playing. This includes quicktime (.mov) and Real media (.rm) files.

Iam sure there is.

How do you do that, right click file open with? then tick the box to use the same program to open the files?

Back
Top Bottom