BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Just another thing to add, i think someone else mentioned this in the thread, when running at 1080p, the image seems to become bigger than the screen, so your actually missing a lot of the screen (like i cant see the taskbar). Only reason i was bothered is because i found R6 Vegas (PC) to somehow support 1080p, and a lot of the screen was cut off :). Maybe a drivers thing ?

Thanks for your reply sunama and thanks for duplicating my results.

As you guessed, i was under the illusion that 1080p was 'ultimate' quality, uncompressed. I blame the adverts on tv for my unrealistic expectation!! I was also concerned that i had a 'duff' monitor which now appears not to be the case.

I'll try and get my hands on some full HD content to make the comparison. Also Charlie & the Chocolate Factory sealed with clingfilm might well be my niece's birthday present :D

:)

Thanks for your reply sunama and thanks for duplicating my results.

As you guessed, i was under the illusion that 1080p was 'ultimate' quality, uncompressed. I blame the adverts on tv for my unrealistic expectation!! I was also concerned that i had a 'duff' monitor which now appears not to be the case.

Hehehe, we are far away from the "perfect image", yet. I'm sure we have one more cycle to go in getting the "a full movie, in uncompressed format, on a single optical disk". The following summarises where we are right now:

Laser Disk - big 12" optical disks that didnt really take off.
DVD - LD's evolution, which used MPEG2 as its codec. The hardware at the time wasnt ready for a stronger codec and neither were the TVs.
Bluray and HDDVD - use H264/VC-1 as the codecs. These codecs require powerful hardware for the decoding process. [This is where we are today].

The next logical step will be to have uncompressed video. Perhaps this will be realised in about 10yrs, when 100s of GBs can be stored on a single optical disk, the size of a standard DVD. Of course, to see the difference between top quality bluray/hddvd transfers and uncompressed video, will not be easy - bluray/hddvd are very very good, considering they are compressed video. We will need vastly superior and larger TVs. I can see both of these happening. 10yrs ago, a 28" (CRT) screen wouldve been considered big. These days, a 42" screen is considered large. In 10yrs time, 65" screens might well be the standard, though projection systems will still have a market, going well beyond this is in size.

But anyway, I digress.

I'll try and get my hands on some full HD content to make the comparison. Also Charlie & the Chocolate Factory sealed with clingfilm might well be my niece's birthday present :D

:)

You might also want to try out some computer animated movies (if your niece is into those). Ive heard that movies like Surf's Up and Ratatouille are great showcases for HD content which I think will give you a near perfect image, especially on a smaller screen.

Hi guys,

when i look at this photos, i must say that it would be an TN-Panel inside of this monitor.

TripleMonitor1Cropped.jpg

TripleMonitorSetup0131504x1000.jpg

Theese photos are from the page 31 of this topic.

So, what are you thinking??

The colors on the first and second pictures are not the same as from the other one, so it must be an TN-Panel otherwise the differences would not be soo much.

The DGM 24" monitor being talked about in this thread is not TN panel shod.

The picture shows a single DGM monitor, in the middle. Its bright and doesnt lose too much brightness when you view the monitor for acute angles.

The picture also isnt a good example to see colour of the monitor (white, blue and grey).

Last edited:
Hi guys,

when i look at this photos, i must say that it would be an TN-Panel inside of this monitor.

TripleMonitor1Cropped.jpg

TripleMonitorSetup0131504x1000.jpg

Theese photos are from the page 31 of this topic.

So, what are you thinking??

The colors on the first and second pictures are not the same as from the other one, so it must be an TN-Panel otherwise the differences would not be soo much.

Those photos are taken incorrectly hence why it looks like a TN panel.

got mine last week and all i have to say is WOW. its awesome. at first i thought it was alittle to light/ flimsy but when its sat on my desk then its alo better than what i thought. i really happy with it.

thanks overclockers for giving us this cheap(price) but fatastic monitor. !!

ps. i've put a sticker over the blue led cos it was giving me headache !! :P

Bah, i know its sad, but that little black dead pixel is bothering me, its near the center so i do see it quite a bit. Not sure what to do tbh :(. I also think it might be giving me head aches as its so big :(. Im thinking of possibly returning it, for maybe a cheaper 22", what would be the best way to do this ?

Last edited:
Bah, i know its sad, but that little black dead pixel is bothering me, its near the center so i do see it quite a bit. Not sure what to do tbh :(. I also think it might be giving me head aches as its so big :(. Im thinking of possibly returning it, for maybe a cheaper 22", what would be the best way to do this ?

I guess you could return it under distance selling , but i have no idea when and how you purchased it.

If your getting headaches, maybe try reducing the contrast down a little.

Contrast is the brightness of whites, and Brightness controls the black points

Ive read through "almost" all of this thread, a few people comment on the input lag or the the fact they don't notice any.
Has anyone properly tested for input lag and have any figures.
Easy enough test to do as well, so i`m surprised its not been posted.

anyone ?

cheers

i have a few dead or stuck pixels, but they dont bother me at all (cause I cant see them :D) the backlighting is more annoying, however. it`s very prominent and uneven :( thanks to this blacks have a grayish `glow` on the monitor. honestly, cant be a*sed to get a new one, decided to keep it anyway. problem is, i cant register on the digimate website for days now.first i was getting sql errors and now it`s saying my serial is incorrect (which i checked like 10x times) still, i say not a bad monitor if you lucky and get a good one.

i have a few dead or stuck pixels, but they dont bother me at all (cause I cant see them :D) the backlighting is more annoying, however. it`s very prominent and uneven :( thanks to this blacks have a grayish `glow` on the monitor. honestly, cant be a*sed to get a new one, decided to keep it anyway. problem is, i cant register on the digimate website for days now.first i was getting sql errors and now it`s saying my serial is incorrect (which i checked like 10x times) still, i say not a bad monitor if you lucky and get a good one.

Are you saying that your backlight is uneven or that it is even, but the monitor doesnt do deep blacks, only shades of grey?

Back
Top Bottom