BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

The options I found are:
1.) Get a PS3 component cable and then one of these
for £50.
2.) Get an HDFury HDMI to VGA for £75.
3.) Get the PS3-S201 HDMI to DVI for £99 + VAT!!!!

I got the first one as it's the cheapest and i couldn't bring myself to shell out £100 on a tiny adapter just cuz sony ripped me off with DRM ****!!!

Well ive just orderd option 1 now as my HDFury still hasnt turned up so ill use this in the mean time until I get another one sent out for me.

Looks all black too me :confused: Cant it the black any lighter anywhere.

How do you get your PC to display a black picture like that one?

You use a pogram like Dead Pixel Buddy, which cycles through the colours or just display the particular one you want for the whole panel {in my pic, it was black background] that way you can see the backlight uneveness or any other pixel defect.

I lose a lot of colour when i move my head from side to side on my monitor. Not to the point where everything is unclear but there is a noticable change. Is this not normal for this monitor or do you all have the same thing?

I lose a lot of colour when i move my head from side to side on my monitor. Not to the point where everything is unclear but there is a noticable change. Is this not normal for this monitor or do you all have the same thing?

i did NOT have the same thing with mine

anyway its getting picked up tomorrow, hopefully replacement wont have as many stuck pixels!

I bought my monitor very early on, so must have got one from the original batches.

I do lose some colour, but not much. On the vertical, the screen definitely becomes a lighter colour, but again, nothing to get worried about.

You have to remember that this is LCD tech and not CRT. If you want a perfect image, CRT is the one to go for. I believe ebay frequently have the Sony 24" monitors available, for a reasonable price. LCD will catch up in the next few years, but is not there yet.

I'll say it again though - dont expect this screen to match up to your old CRT monitor, because if it was a decent CRT, it probably wont.

If you are upgrading from a smaller LCD, then consider that your viewing angles will be a lot more "head on", so to speak, on the smaller screen. The bigger the screen gets, the greater the viewing angle will become (towards the edges of the screen), so you might notice some loss of image quality (on the edges of the screen) that you might not have noticed on the smaller LCD. This viewing angle and loss of image quality towards the edges of the screen should be more pronounced the closer your viewing distance to the screen is.

I find that large head movements on either plane (H or V) will "brighten" the image slightly. Like a haze. It really only becomes noticable if:

1. The screen is completely black.
2. You go looking for it.

Colours stay OK though. This is NOT typical behaviour of a TN panel IMO.

For those who believe its a TN, just look through the vents on the back. The panel type is clearly visable.

Had mine for approx 4 weeks now and could not be happier. My transition from a 19" CRT has been much better than i expected.

:).

Ok well im returning back mine today, so im going to be on the hunt for another monitor :) Are there any gaurenteed dodgy pixel free monitors going in the UK ?

Not being funny guys, bought my monitor early on... one of the first few to get it... and its a perfect monitor!

Colour looks fab from World of Warcraft (animation), to Counterstrike Source (realistic).

No ghosting whatsoever! and crysis at 1920 x 1200 :D

Ok well im returning back mine today, so im going to be on the hunt for another monitor :) Are there any gaurenteed dodgy pixel free monitors going in the UK ?

Someone earlier in this thread stated that Viewsonic might have a 0 dead pixel policy. So you might want to look into that.

Well ive just orderd option 1 now as my HDFury still hasnt turned up so ill use this in the mean time until I get another one sent out for me.

Mine works OK. There's definately a little quality lost somewhere along the line, but I can't tell when playing games, just on text in the web browser (and only when you zoom in). And it hates 1080p mode. It'll do for now though.

Not being funny guys, bought my monitor early on... one of the first few to get it... and its a perfect monitor!

Colour looks fab from World of Warcraft (animation), to Counterstrike Source (realistic).

No ghosting whatsoever! and crysis at 1920 x 1200 :D
Same here mate, got mine when on the original deal and its fab. Ordered a second but a 20" turned up:mad:. Been RMA'd and a 24" one is on its way back out.

ademcg,

did you get a refund in the end or a replacement? If a replacement, how's the new one?

I asked for a replacement, took it to the shop as the guy said he would sort it out there and then....only to be told they have to assess it first, then when they assessed it as I waited the tech guy said he could find no fault with it....until I showed them the post of the screen in the dark and he replied "oh...I see what you mean" so I got a refund.

Still looking into what I will replace my 3 year old 19" Hyundai with

My order has not yet arrived. It was dispatched more than 6 days ago and on the tracking website it went arrived at destination country, arrived at destination country again, delivery not attempted, parcel in warehouse, arrived at destination country again, delivery not attempted again, parcel in warehouse again.

What is going on?

Back
Top Bottom