BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
Just to add to the RMA thing.

I have sent back 2 as well waiting on the thrd.

1st = Line of dead pixels on first turn on

2nd = Fine for 4-5 days then all of a sudden this too got a line of dead pixels :(

If the 3rd one decides to do the same or something I am gonna have to go with a refund and have a rethink.

Soldato
Okay had one of these delivered today, the actual monitor is very nice, sharp, no bleed, and great colours but I've got a few stuck pixels.

One at the top right which I can live with but I've got two right in the centre that can't be missed. One bright red and one bright green, I've tried a couple of pixel fixer apps and massaging the screen but no joy.

Am I right in thinking that I'm carp out of luck with the regards to returning it as faulty and will have to go the DSA route?

Associate
Ordered my OcUK 24" just before 5pm yesterday and it arrived at 8am this morning. Great service!

Only problem is that I am having to RMA it as it has 2 lines of dead pixels going all the way across the panel (about 2cm from the top and then at about 6cm from the top):mad:

I've chosen to have it replaced instead of refunded, but after checking through the posts here it seems that this is a relatively common fault and people have had a replacement come with the same problem.

So, I'm now wondering if I'd be better off phoning up and switching to a refund and then buying another make. I realise that there is a significant price jump to the next group of 24" monitors with the same type of panel, but I'd still like to investigate this option.

What would you guys consider as a good alternative with the same type of panel in the next price bracket up?

Associate
I've just got this monitor too, seems awesome but I've got a line of dead (well stuck on green) pixels about a third of the way down as well :(. Very annoying, but I suppose not ocuk's fault.This seems to be a recent problem, all in this month, a new batch maybe? Now I've had a taste it's going to be rubbish going back to my rubbish 19in CRT! Do ocuk do straight swaps or will I have to RMA and wait for a replacement?

Soldato
I must be a very lucky guy then.
Received mine yesterday and thusfar no problems.

Well, actually just one issue.

Playing Crysis I noticed that if the screen flashes between colours VERY quickly, its as if there is a slight "tearing" effect? Not sure if its normal or not.

Are we supposed to have vsync on with LCDs?

Soldato
I really hope all these guys sending back 2-3 RMAs of this screen is just the minority ;)

And Yes im aware the majority are just enjoying it, just dont feel it after reading 74 pages lol

Seems a lot of issues with 24" panels now adays...no ones safe

Soldato
Ok... After a few days of use... I suddnenly am greeted by this (while watching a movie)...
4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

Im guessing this isnt a good feature of the panel.

RMA/Refund time? This is the second panel I woulve had from OCUK of this type.

Soldato
So, is that backlight bleed?

Also, are you saying that you were watching a movie, then all of a sudden it stopped the movie (all by itself), and went back to the desktop...that is your desktop, right? After which, all by itself, it showed a blank screen which got progressively darker?

If the above is what occurred, I suggest you get a priest to carry out an exorcism. :)

Soldato
So, is that backlight bleed?

Also, are you saying that you were watching a movie, then all of a sudden it stopped the movie (all by itself), and went back to the desktop...that is your desktop, right? After which, all by itself, it showed a blank screen which got progressively darker?

If the above is what occurred, I suggest you get a priest to carry out an exorcism. :)

No no. While I was watching a movie (transformers) during a dark colours scene, I noticed the hazy white glowing effects against the background towards the 4 corners of the panel.

I also noticed while playing CoD4

So I loaded a black background and took pictiures as above.

These white glowing hazes are surely not a normal feature of the monitor, possibly some kind of extra force being applied on the panel or the backlights or something?

Some other peeps had a similar issue.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10728471&postcount=1819

Soldato
The monitor seems to have lost its uniformity. I would watch another movie or have another gaming session, to if it clears up. If it doesnt, then you would have to think about getting it replaced.

How long have you had the monitor for? You might still be able to get a refund.

Soldato
The monitor seems to have lost its uniformity. I would watch another movie or have another gaming session, to if it clears up. If it doesnt, then you would have to think about getting it replaced.

How long have you had the monitor for? You might still be able to get a refund.

Less than 48 hours. Came in Friday morning.

This issue was certainly not present initially. It seemed to have developed over time, and frankly I dont think this is going to go away as it seems to be a mechanical defect as opposed to an electronic one.

Really miffed tbh :|

Thanks for the advice though sunama, ill give it a bit more time, but if the issue hasnt subsided by tomorrow, I think its safe to say that this is a terminal problem.

Soldato
Less than 48 hours. Came in Friday morning.

This issue was certainly not present initially. It seemed to have developed over time, and frankly I dont think this is going to go away as it seems to be a mechanical defect as opposed to an electronic one.

Really miffed tbh :|

Thanks for the advice though sunama, ill give it a bit more time, but if the issue hasnt subsided by tomorrow, I think its safe to say that this is a terminal problem.
Looks like I've got the same issue, the screen was nice and black all over for the first day but now the backlight is bleeding through the corners. Will this and the stuck pixels mid screen I'm not impressed. Will give it til tomorrow morning and then its going back. :(

I know its not OcUKs fault but it may be worth them dropping this line if they are going to be as hit and miss as this thread is now indicating.

Back
Top Bottom